Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

HPI marketing is making me SICK!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI marketing is making me SICK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:47 AM
benchmark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI marketing is making me SICK!!!

Hello folks,

Needing your advice on this one.

Well, as a member of the HPIbaja community in Denmark, we are always excieted about stores that satisfy us..that is wide availability of parts and rapid service.

We have just learnt that HPI europe is banning one of the largest model car shops from selling our HPI spares, why you may ask? yes, thats exactly my question too...WHY WHY WHY ???

The reason HPI europe gives is absolutely flimsy, and we have disussed it in our local forums too.

they say
- his physical shop and warehouse is located in his private property attached to his house and they want him to have the shop located in a commercial area. (even though his shop is legal in Denmark)

As, usual i i made an order list and called the store some days back, only for the store to tell me that they are sorry coz HPI Europe wont let them stock more spares for the baja and thus they cant send me the parts coz they were sold out of all the parts they already had.

At first i thought this was a joke now this is a shop that stocks the largest array of 1/5 model car reserves. The store has the MOST busy webshop in Denmark and its environs , supplies neighboring scandinavian countries and own the largest 1:5 model car forum in the country with over 1900 free willing forum members. Why will HPI shoot themselves in the leg???

On any day we have races, ask around and 8 out of 10 people who drive 1:5 model cars in Denmark have shopped at this webshop !!!

Just to satisfy our everneeding greed for parts , he started ordering parts form USA coz HPI europe were not fast enough in fulfilling our demand, they have asked him not to do so either!!! How can this be??

Take a look at his webshop yourself and you will notice that he makes effort to stock a worldwide range of products- www.fg-hobby.dk

I am devastated coz even though many of the other shops are trying hard, they never had his capability to offer such a wide array of HPI products.

i hope some HPI staff read this!!

what do you guys advice, collect signatures and send to HPI,---we want our best dealer back on track.

P:s- i dont work with him, never even personnaly met him and other danish forum members can confirm this.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:31 AM
avgas

Default RE: HPI marketing is making me SICK!!!

Take it to the TOP!! Or as some others do, get him to order direct from the states.
Steve.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:30 AM
John H (DK)

ORIGINAL: avgas

Take it to the TOP!! Or as some others do, get him to order direct from the states.
Steve.
If it only was so simple, even Dave's is forbidden to sell him HPI parts .....
Old 08-06-2007, 10:13 AM
ScooterTrash

Deleted
Old 08-07-2007, 05:00 PM
benchmark

We will need your help guys , please write an email with a few lines in support of the unfairness to the HPI consuners in Denmark, send to HPI europe ( [email protected] ) and HPI USA if you can, we will be very grateful.

Thanks for the help. We large scale hobbyists in Denmark will do the same for you if the need arises.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:29 PM
jatoracing33

wow...if i wer in charge of hpi, i would be more than glad to send every part away cuz thats just more money in my pocket, and if i have to expand to meet the needs, thats GREAT...even more money in my pocket. i dont know how a company would give up money like that...its inexcusable. you got my support
Old 08-07-2007, 06:33 PM
jatoracing33

email sent
Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Big Boys Toys and Hobbies

Benchmark, Do you know Steve from Real RC toys? He carried FG and other 1/5th scales in Denmark. I think he went out of business.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:45 AM
benchmark

ORIGINAL: Big Boys Toys and Hobbies

Benchmark, Do you know Steve from Real RC toys? He carried FG and other 1/5th scales in Denmark. I think he went out of business.

Yes i know him personally, nice guy too.