Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Smartech Traveller vs XRC rc-2 1/5 23cc comparison

Im wanting to move up from nitro to petrol becuase im fed up of spending 3 hours out of 4 trying to get the engine running properly. Which one of the above is best any reviews on them please. Im looking to spend £300 on petrol new or used. Ive also seen some road devil 26cc on ebay are these any good.

Many Thanks for your help.

Jonny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Smartech Traveller vs XRC rc-2 1/5 23cc comparison

I would make my decision on parts avaliablilty. So if your LHS is carrying parts for either car then I would go for that one.
    Comanche

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a Smartech Spider, its the same buggy as the Traveler, which is the same as a Firehammer. I bought mine off ebay for $425 U.S dollars. Only problems I had was the stock gas tank leaks, so I ordered an FG marder tank. The other problem is that rocks get stuck under the diff causing the aluminum sleeve to spin. I made a custom diff cover out of fiberglass, now it works great. I posted pics of the cover in the Duratrax Firehammer thread.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Go with the traveller, unless the rc-2 is way cheaper (got my rc-2 for $100 less than any traveller I could find, and I liked the way the rc-2 looks, traveller reminds me of an ugly boot with wheels, not sure why) Parts will be much easier to get for the traveller (alot more compatible models around, and lots of hop-ups available). I haven't tried the traveller but enjoy my rc-2 alot.
    2x FS Racing (buggy and MT), Firehammer MT clone, Baja Clone, XRC-RC2 buggy... and some nitros gathering dust