Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Suggestions

Old 08-10-2007, 08:18 AM
screamin chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions

Ok when I crank my FG it wants to take off, I have not done a thing to it.I turn it off and reposition the horn and it works fine, I turn it off and it does it again.....
Old 08-10-2007, 08:46 AM
vtl1180ny

Default RE: Suggestions

ORIGINAL: screamin chicken

Ok when I crank my FG it wants to take off, I have not done a thing to it.I turn it off and reposition the horn and it works fine, I turn it off and it does it again.....

Reposition the horn???

Sounds like a clutch problem...

Old 08-10-2007, 09:53 AM
motors4fun

I would try loosening the two bolts that allow the clutch shoes to swivel. Mine were on tight and it made the shoes stay engaged with the clutch bell. i turned the bolt just slightly so that i could move the shoes with a screw driver.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:59 AM
screamin chicken

I will checked that out thanks
Old 08-10-2007, 10:21 AM
TheFgMan01

is your truck idling high by any chance?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:23 PM
jgeck90

well tell us how it wants to take off? does it jerk and wanna go fast or does it slowly want to go away? if wants to go fast and tak off its Most likely a clutch issue, if it slowly wants to go away its most likely a linkage issue.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:50 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: motors4fun

I would try loosening the two bolts that allow the clutch shoes to swivel. Mine were on tight and it made the shoes stay engaged with the clutch bell. i turned the bolt just slightly so that i could move the shoes with a screw driver.
The two bolts are supposed to be right, the clutch pivots on the shaft of those bolts, you can tighten them until the are ready to snap off and the clutch will still operate just fine, I wouldn't leave those loose.

The rc taking off when ya start it sounds like throttles to high...moving the arm may have done it or the lsn is cranked in to far....could be linkage too
Old 08-10-2007, 08:34 PM
MrMikeG

Make sure you turn your TX on first, then your RX, turn your RX off first then your TX. If your switching your RX on with no signal from your TX you can damage your servo's which makes them cycle when you turn on and off.
If it isn't a servo problem then check your idle screw, mixture screws or your linkages. Maybe it's your end point adjustments on your TX as well. So many possibilities with so little info.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:21 AM
screamin chicken

I will have to try the RX to the TX I do not remember, but it's like this I crank it and it wants to take off pretty fast. This truck is only 2 weeks old and only about a tank and a half through it I have not made any adjustments at all.The first time the throttle stuck on me it was the side of the frame had bent into the arm, the second time there was some build up of dirt on the rod so I wd-40 it and it was fine.Now it's doing it again, I am thinking maybe the plastic horn is not holding?????
Old 08-11-2007, 12:34 AM
TheFgMan01

Bingo!! plastic horn may have stripped in the inside. that has happend to me. you could take a look at it, upgrade to an aluminum horn
Old 08-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Dave ESPI

stripped servo horn sounds like a good possible explenation. Check teh drive gear inside the servo case. chances are it may be missing a few teeth also.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:08 AM
Bratch96

ORIGINAL: badz

ORIGINAL: motors4fun

The two bolts are supposed to be right, the clutch pivots on the shaft of those bolts, you can tighten them until the are ready to snap off and the clutch will still operate just fine, I wouldn't leave those loose.

The rc taking off when ya start it sounds like throttles to high...moving the arm may have done it or the lsn is cranked in to far....could be linkage too

On my fgmt, if i tighten the the two bolts down too tight, the clutch will engage with the first rev and then stay engaged. Seems like my bolts are a little too short.