Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI BAJA 5B THUMBS UP OR DOWN

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:26 AM
phill200566

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI BAJA 5B THUMBS UP OR DOWN

i have been looking at the hpi baja 5b what i want to know is are they any good and or they tough i currently have nitro monster trucks and buggys can the baja 5b compete with
them in terms of fun and toughness
Old 08-20-2007, 11:35 AM
omra

Default RE: HPI BAJA 5B THUMBS UP OR DOWN

I have one!!
I have had mine about 3 weeks and I have to say it is awsome!!I am in the process of running it in at the moment.I have removed the stock exhaust and have fitted tuned pipe to it,sounds andgoes very well,no problems at all.There is a website called Daves Motors who does tuned pipes,upgrade parts etc,etc.I have the dominator tuned pipe.Also fitted the outerwears pullstart cover,shock covers and pre air filter.Have not taken any pictures yet.Great fun.If you need any more info let us know.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Dave ESPI

You will run into a problem getting Parts as HPI is beign rather persnickity about selling in the UK.
You will be far better off with a FG since they are closer and parts will be carried localy from what I have seen on a few forums as being the consensus.

AS to the quality of the 5b, it is a good car, and lots of hop ups for it.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:41 PM
hellya

http://www.fg-modellsport-vertrieb.c...ge____cars.htm

Top price is for people living in Europe....... bottom price is without tax for people living else where

06004 Monster Beetle Zenoah FG
EUR 670.00
(Euro 577,59)

http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-Baja-5B_W0QQ...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-BAJA-5B-WITH...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-22-2007, 01:08 AM
mopar jake

i have a baja and you can beat it like a goverment mule and keeps comming back for more.every time i run mine it takes a week to get the smile off of my face.lol seriously the baja is the most fun i have had in r/c for ages buy one trust me you wont regret it.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Q.S.

Look in the for sale forum here some guy put one in it the other day that needed some new chassis parts it was wrecked but in good shape i think it just needed a new chassis front section like a $100 part or so im not sure what he is selling it for. just thought it might work for you. he had it listed in the forum saying. ( dont let you friends drive your car)... something like that anyway.. stoneyberk....www.quarterscaleberetta.com
Old 08-22-2007, 07:30 AM
Apache-

Thumbs up as bang for the buck when you just want to have some fun and a car to fool around with.

Thumbs down for the way it looks. [:'(]
I still cannot get used to this ugly long thing, but that is personal taste.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:15 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: phill200566

i have been looking at the hpi baja 5b what i want to know is are they any good and or they tough i currently have nitro monster trucks and buggys can the baja 5b compete with
them in terms of fun and toughness
When ya buy a Baja ya won't run Nitro no more, they are way tough and loads of fun
Old 08-22-2007, 03:29 PM
kamiya

i give the baja 5b two thumbs up. i really like it, but remember you need some open running room, because it is fast. if you race a good nitro monster truck, the nitro will take off first but soon as the clutch engages, the baja walks it down and passes it. talk to anyone who has it and they will tell you they really like it. it runs around 40-45mph, but with optional gears and two speed, (get a radar gun), let everyone know what happened
Old 08-22-2007, 03:31 PM
kamiya

i give the baja 5b two thumbs up. i really like it, but remember you need some open running room, because it is fast. if you race a good nitro monster truck, the nitro will take off first but soon as the clutch engages, the baja walks it down and passes it. talk to anyone who has it and they will tell you they really like it. it runs around 40-45mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, but with optional gears and two speed, and a good exhaust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, you better (get a radar gun), let everyone know what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:47 AM
hathi
Banned

ORIGINAL: kamiya

i give the baja 5b two thumbs up. i really like it, but remember you need some open running room, because it is fast. if you race a good nitro monster truck, the nitro will take off first but soon as the clutch engages, the baja walks it down and passes it. talk to anyone who has it and they will tell you they really like it. it runs around 40-45mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, but with optional gears and two speed, and a good exhaust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, you better (get a radar gun), let everyone know what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And more about this 2 speed?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:42 AM
fourwheeler

The Baja with the 2 speed and a Trevor Simpson reed motor are my plans at this point. I think the 2 speed is still a few months away.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:17 AM
splcrazy

i got baja 5b its abig thumbs up . but needs more power get a bigger head kit and your flying , compared to nitros , for the baja all you need is the petrol refill can the transmitter the buggy it self and maybe a charger for the hump pack , thats all you need when you take it out . nitro you need a big bag of tools make sure every thing charged you need to carry around glow plug ignitors make sure thats then charged lol then for running nitros your on your hands and knees most of the day tuning the damn thing lol making sure you have lots of spare glow plugs with you , and so on
Old 01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
adan847

baja very nice but you need to much space to play whit this baby to much funn no more electric cars no more nitro for me okey baja thumbs up whit the 2 speed maybe 2 thumbs up see yaaaaaaaaa
Old 01-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Dave ESPI

If you like your electric Losi or Associated buggies, this is just like them but on steroids.

I have not ran my SS yet, but I still give it 2 thumbs up.