Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Need some tyres for parking lot driving

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Need some tyres for parking lot driving

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:44 AM
gt5500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some tyres for parking lot driving

I have an FG ecoline and I am ashamed to say in almost a year I have never had a proper run out of it, when I first got it, it came with some semi slick tyres front and rear I am not sure of the compound but they were rock hard. I was expecting a bit of wheelspin but I couldn't even make it move, it just when a few feet and did a big donut, I am used to nitro cars so I am not trying to throttle too fast. So I got some softer tyres with a tread pattern from ebay, again not sure of the compound but they were softer but still I cannot make this thing drive it just spins all over. What do I need to make it work? tyre addative, certain tyres or do they need really heating up first? I tried wheelspinning to warm the tyres but I never got any traction. Such a shame as gas is nice after messing with glow, I started the car for the first time in nine months and it fired straight off and idled like a metronome.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:16 PM
TQrcRacing

Default RE: Need some tyres for parking lot driving

#1 Clean parking lot helps dirty lots no tires work well
#2 Car set up tow out for the front tow in for the rear, set ride hight camber and caster as you desire but to start 3 degrees of tow in for the rear.
#3 GRP As front / rear are a good starting point or PMT 10s
#4 Easy on the gas as you learn the car its more like a real car with a BIG power plant then you are used to.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:59 AM
Bratch96

Default RE: Need some tyres for parking lot driving

You could put some tar on your tires, that should help with traction.