Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Marder Alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Alexxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marder Alternatives

Ok ive been wanting a FG marder and ive seen alternatives. I'm just not sure which ones are knock offs and which ones are good alternatives. Ive seen the XTM 1/5 scale buggy that looks exactly like a marder, and ive also seen the XTM Grizzly, which looks exactly like a carson comanche. And then the smartech traveller also looks like the XTM buggy. Can somebody tell me what is going on here with all these different brands producing similar cars?

And finally, the Mutilator 6. I'm not even sure that the m6 is a knock off of the marder. It looks different and actualy has a real zenoah.
Can somebody advise?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:46 PM
NitroBurn1

Default RE: Marder Alternatives

I have a Smartech Spider, its the same as the Traveller/Firehammer/XTM Buggy, they are all exactly the same, and are all made by Smartech. The same goes for the trucks, all parts are interchangable. I bought the Spider because it only cost $500 after shipping.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:59 PM
whizzy

buy a marder or a fg baja from hobbythek in germany for the same price as a knock off and remember you dont pay tax from germany just the cost of the car and delivery i saved a packet on my fg baja plus they do a hobbythek version with the majority of the hop ups u will do anyway and its 3 day deliver from germany to your door

[link=http://www.rc-car-online.de/htstarteng.htm]hobbythek[/link]
Old 08-31-2007, 06:53 PM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

smartech makes all the other buggies you listed duratrax, xtm, carson. They are all smartech buggies with different stickes on them.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:00 PM
TheFgMan01

You can get a real FG marder for 899.00 now, from some places [8D]
Old 08-31-2007, 08:08 PM
K-Spindle

www.jhc-888.com or fg supply have hobbypro in stock less money and FASTER! Ask Austin Sarnelle from VS which is faster the FG or the Hobbypro...