Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Traxxas Monster Buggy Clutch Problems

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Traxxas Monster Buggy Clutch Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:02 PM
eball
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Monster Buggy Clutch Problems

I bought a Traxxas Monster Buggy new at the beginning of this summer and have had nothing but problems with the clutch bell. I have yet to make it through a tank of fuel without having the clutch bend and bind up the drive train. When I open the transmission I find the clutch bell has bent in relation to it's shaft and this caused the drive train to bind. One time this happened and the heat that was created from the binding melted part of the plastic case cover and destroyed the brake disc. I am on my fourth clutch bell and it lasted about two minutes until problems started again. I am planning on sending the car back to Traxxas tomorrow in hopes of a permanent fix. Has anyone else had similar problems? I have looked for any obvious issues with the clutch and drive train and can't find anything causing binding or reasons for my problems. I am getting very frustrated and hope that Traxxas can make good on the problem, refund or replace the car. I would appreciate any feedback from others that have had similar problems. The good news is that so far my LHS and Traxxas have given customer service.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:31 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Traxxas Monster Buggy Clutch Problems

i have one, but never had any clutch issue's with it...i don't run it anymore though since getting baja's
Old 09-04-2007, 08:09 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

can you please take a pic of the clutch bell and drive train are on your Traxxas... I wounder if we can make something else fit on there for you?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:53 PM
eball
My Feedback: (37)

I would be glad to take pictures, but I dropped the car off at my LHS today to send back to Traxxas. The only thing I can figure is that the clutch itself is not working right and is some how binding the clutch bell or pushing on it only to one side and bending it. I wish I would have fought the temptation and paid a little extra for an HPI Baja or FG Marder. Once I get it running reliably I will probably sell it and get the Baja or an FG Marder. Has anyone done a monster truck conversion to a monster buggy? I was fairly disappointed about it's lack of ground clearance. My Traxxas Stampede has more ground clearance than the monster buggy. I think something with huge tires and a truck body would be a better combination for bashing in the yard.