Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Any one run MT tires on the back of a Marder?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Any one run MT tires on the back of a Marder?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 06:40 PM
PBJT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one run MT tires on the back of a Marder?

If I gun the throttle in really loose sand the marder with stock tires and the tuned pipe will dig a hole real quick. I was thinking about running the MT tires on the back. My question is do you think the Marder is built tough enough to handle the extra weight of the MT tires or will it rip things apart? ie plastic gears, diff, etc. I wonder if stadium wheels might be a better match?

And no worries, I can handle opinions of any kind even if you don't have first hand experience...what do you think??

PBJT
Old 09-24-2007, 06:53 PM
tmdz28

Default RE: Any one run MT tires on the back of a Marder?

i think it will be awesome.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:09 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

The only issue will be your low end with the 18/46 gearing might be a little sluggish , i had the mt tires on my MB which is the same as a marder except the gearing tires and body but the gearing was 16/48 and was a wheelie monster so saying that the 18/46 gearing might just be right with the fg tuned pipe . what motor are you running ? the 23 ?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:11 PM
PBJT

The mtr is the stock 26. So I guess I will see how it goes. You even got them to fit on the frt too. You have any issues of pulling things apart with the weight of these tires?

PBJT
Old 09-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Dave ESPI

PBJT, ya might want to turn the wheels around to face the tread rotation the other way.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:59 AM
PBJT

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

PBJT, ya might want to turn the wheels around to face the tread rotation the other way.
They are the correct way IMO. I have run the MT for a long time is sand the other way and this way, and it just digs holes climbing up 30 foot hills. With the tires this way (backwards) I can accelerate up the hills and dig ALOT less holes.

PBJT
Old 09-25-2007, 11:44 AM
MnMikeRC

Running MT tires on Marders are a lot of fun.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:39 PM
PBJT

Well I had the Marder out with monster tires on the back. It is way to fast for my skills, Does not lack for any bottem end even with these larger tires. It gets huge traction in the dirt and grass. Wheelies effortlessly on grass, sand and ashphalt. I am not sure what to think....I like how fast it now accellerates, wheelies and its top end is stupid but I fear this setup may become expensive in parts. I think I MAY prefer stadium tires rather than Monster tires but don't have a set yet to try.

As for the Monster truck with Marder wheels....just plan looks goofy, dog slow and nothing good to say about it in action.

PBJT
Old 09-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Dave ESPI

PBJT, I can understand your logic and after posting my comment thought about it, and concluded also that it would help funnel the sand inward up the center of the tire and away from the edges forming a "ridge" to run on.

I stand corrected you do have them on in the right rotation ( for sand that is )