Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Differential Settings!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Kbruno89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differential Settings!

Hey Guys,

I just ordered the new Nomadio React Controller with a tachometer sensor. I was wondering, I want to have it put onto the differential cover. How big is the differential cover? (Diameter) (Sportsline FG) (Or Smartech Onroad). I would really appreciate it to know the diameter so I can figure out the settings for my new controller
Old 10-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Vette09

Default RE: Differential Settings!

What do you need, the diameter or the circumference?
Old 10-30-2007, 03:39 PM
8000ft

Why would you put a tach sensor on the diff????I could see a speed sensor on the diff or a tach sensor on the flywheel.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:10 PM
vtl1180ny

ORIGINAL: Kbruno89

Hey Guys,

I just ordered the new Nomadio React Controller with a tachometer sensor. I was wondering, I want to have it put onto the differential cover. How big is the differential cover? (Diameter) (Sportsline FG) (Or Smartech Onroad). I would really appreciate it to know the diameter so I can figure out the settings for my new controller

I'm assuming this is Kevin posting... This is Allan, get me down at the track and I'll explain to you how to set it up... I was running the speed sensor on my technokit, I haven't yet decided how to mount it on the FG...

here's a Link to my post on the Nomadio forum on installing the sensor on a 5th scale.... http://support.nomadio.net/viewtopic...febee735639332
Old 10-30-2007, 08:28 PM
8000ft

Ahh, now I see, A sensor with two names.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Kbruno89

Hey Allan,

It is Kevin. Actually I hear last week might have been the last week for us... It is supposed to be cold this sunday - I am not sure (Thanks for the link btw). And I need the diameter (To calculate the sensor properly)
Old 10-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Kbruno89

O and Btw Allan,

I would not suggest putting the sensor attached to the gear... Only because due to rocks and debrie... You will have to change the gears every 6-12 weeks and then have to make sure the magnets are perfectly allign again. Atleast, if you do put it on the differential, you will never have to worry about it again for the most part. So... Hopefully though we will have sunday even though we might be abit late (we have stuff up in the morning )
Old 10-30-2007, 10:11 PM
vtl1180ny

O and Btw Allan,

I would not suggest putting the sensor attached to the gear... Only because due to rocks and debrie... You will have to change the gears every 6-12 weeks and then have to make sure the magnets are perfectly allign again. Atleast, if you do put it on the differential, you will never have to worry about it again for the most part. So... Hopefully though we will have sunday even though we might be abit late (we have stuff up in the morning )

Who changes the gear every 6-12 weeks? My last gear lasted me 4 years...
Old 10-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Kbruno89

I do not know... Like, the plastic ones - We just ended up having to change ours because ours were totally stripped completely... I guess you could do it also on the small metal gear...
Old 10-31-2007, 09:42 AM
vtl1180ny

I do not know... Like, the plastic ones - We just ended up having to change ours because ours were totally stripped completely... I guess you could do it also on the small metal gear...

The magnets need to be countersunk into something, if you don't you're just going to constantly lose them...
Old 10-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Kbruno89

Well, I was thinking of using some strong epoxy to hold them so...
Old 10-31-2007, 12:50 PM
vtl1180ny

Well, I was thinking of using some strong epoxy to hold them so...

I considered the Diff as a mounting pplace, but I didn't like any of the options I came up with. The Spur gear is a much better choice to keep the magnets and sensor out of harms way. Just drill 2 holes and put a little CA on the magnets. When you change the gear it isn't too hard to pop the magnets back out...
Old 10-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Kbruno89

Not a bad idea, thanks for the help guys!