Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

New Gabe Brown Engineering motors

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New Gabe Brown Engineering motors

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 11:31 PM
fourwheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Gabe Brown Engineering motors

ORIGINAL: hathi

Gabes motors would not be legal to run, as the bottom case is a machined peace. Yes the MMR motors will out perform GBE motors for onroad racing, but the Baja is far from an onroad race car. But on the other hand if you were to give Gabe some time to build an onroad motor, I'm sure that he could build a contender.

I also never said that the baja was clocked in at the track at that speed.
Well ok then....where was the baja clocked at 51.8 MPH then??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJjia2lPJs4

Here is a video of a proto type motor in an HPI Baja on a onroad track. This motor has been clocked in at 51.8mph using the stock gearing in the Baja.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:37 AM
hathi
Banned

[:-]
Old 11-11-2007, 02:37 AM
K-Spindle

Thats the problem with the "Baja" mods non of them are race proven and as such its just noise + bling... Nothing wrong with noise and bling but lets get some race results

Also his motors could be used with a machined lower end as long as the motor fits the CCs.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Vette09

Doesn't an engine have to have the stock crankcase to be legal? That's why Alro and MMR use the billet adapter plate to mount the flywheel cover, A full machined crankcase would make it illegal.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:23 AM
AZBaja

ORIGINAL: K-Spindle

Thats the problem with the "Baja" mods non of them are race proven and as such its just noise + bling... Nothing wrong with noise and bling but lets get some race results

Also his motors could be used with a machined lower end as long as the motor fits the CCs.
Karlton, come out to the next HBF Dunefest in March. You'll see alot more than noise and bling. Did you see all the videos? We had motors from Oneills, ESP, Gabe Brown, Bartolone, and many regular guys pumping out the Horses. No sanctioned races, but you could tell who was making the ponies around the large bowls. For the 2008 Dunetoberfest, we'll have more sponsors and official races.

Chris Bartonole had a Radar gun, but we never got around to using it for side by side racing. He may have used it, but I'm not sure on whose buggies.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:13 PM
mnf1sand

Thats incorrect kartlton. You must use the original manufacturers 23cc crankcase, as brimak09 said.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:43 PM
K-Spindle

mnf1sand incorrect if you make the motor you can machine the case YOU become the MFG of the motor and away you go.

AZ Baja set up some rules and run a race ANYONE can make BIG HP for short times but making a motor with power that makes run time that is another matter. In Baja bashing or just bashing for that matter it does not really matter because they are not raced with set rules or set limits on gas tanks tied to a set time of a main so its bling and noise until you can make time on a set amount of go sauce
Old 11-11-2007, 04:46 PM
hathi
Banned

I will not agree more on the bling + noise of the Baja mods! Just the other day I saw a picture of a baja that had a full window set up, all I could think is ok now your pulling the hot air off the motor... Bling? where are the performance parts?

I hope soon that there will be some true racing on a track for large scale off road cars. Racing around the dunes is not true racing, put them on a track and let them race.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
K-Spindle

Here is the ROAR 2007 1:5 scale rule on motors, NOTING no one races off-road large scale so there really are no motors rules for Baja, we don't need no stinking rules

Here is the way around the casing rule; "10.4.4 The engine case must be a single casting. The engine case must be factory-original. No
billet-machined cases are permitted." If you are the factory not just a Zenoah or CY motor tuner, CAST and machine away to your hearts content. its ALL OK under this rule IF you are the mfg of the motor. BIG old cast block and your good to go, it may end up looking like a billet-machined case but its not made from "billet" at that point in time. Just as in many forms of racing some times you go to the max on the rules, this is the loophole. Besides WE as the racers make the rules if there is a real advantage we change the rule.

"10.4 ENGINE RULES
10.4.1 Only single-cylinder, two or four stroke, naturally aspirated, spark ignition engines
equipped with pull-starters are allowed.
10.4.2 No Wankel-type, rotary valve, or fuel-injected engines are allowed.
10.4.3 The maximum displacement allowed is 1.4ci (23cc).
10.4.4 The engine case must be a single casting. The engine case must be factory-original. No
billet-machined cases are permitted.
10.4.5 The cylinder and cylinder liner must be of one casting. No slip-in or independent liners
(sleeves) allowed. Chrome plating or Nikasil coating of the cylinder bore is allowed.
10.4.6 The cylinder head may be a separate part machined from billet as long as the head is
commercially available.
10.4.7 The maximum number of transfer ports (defined as the ports that allow the fresh air/fuel
mixture into the combustion chamber) is limited to four (4).
10.4.8 The transfer ports must be open to the piston along their entire length in the cylinder. The
piston must be used as the inner wall of the transfer port.
10.4.9 The side walls of the transfer ports must be parallel. No "lost wax casting" methods or
other means may be used to provide "sweeping" side walls of the transfer ports.
10.4.10 The crankshaft must be of split-shaft configuration. No half crankshafts are allowed.
10.4.11 The connecting rod must be of one-piece construction.
10.4.12 The engine must be air-cooled by a flywheel-mounted fan.
10.4.13 Only passive ignition systems using one sensor (rpm) are allowed.
10.4.14 Ignition timing must be fixed. No mechanical timing advance/retard mechanisms allowed.
10.4.15 Resistor type spark plugs must be used. A metal-shielded resistor-type plug cap is
recommended.
10.4.16 Variable exhaust timing/porting is not allowed.
10.4.17 Exhaust pipes with movable parts are not allowed. Sound eliminating fiber or like
materials are not defined as moving parts within an exhaust system.
10.4.18 The maximum carburetor venturi diameter is .5 inch (13mm). An air filter must be fitted to
the carburetor.
10.4.19 This rule only applies to ROAR level 3-5 events. There will only be two engines allowed
for each class entered. These two engines must be checked in at the beginning of this
event and logged for the class(s) in which they will be run. Only the primary of these
engines may be used, for Qualifying as well as the Mains. The secondary engine may be
used only in case of catastrophic failure of the primary engine. Catastrophic failure is
defined by the primary engine being unable to operate. If the secondary engine is used,
the damaged engine will be stored in technical inspection or other safe place until the end
of the event. The engine used to set the driver’s best qualifying time must be used in their
main event. If the qualifying engine is deemed unable to operate prior to starting the
mains, then the secondary engine will be allowed but the driver must start their main from
the pit.
10.5 MUFFLER RULES
10.5.1 All vehicles raced at a ROAR-sanctioned event must be equipped with muffler that
complies with the following specifications.
10.5.2 The muffler/pipe must be of a multiple chamber design with an internal or external
silencer. The maximum inside dimension of the exhaust outlet pipe is .5 inches (13mm).
On STC and Sports/GT vehicles, the muffler stinger may not extend more than .4 inches
(10mm) outside of body. On Formula vehicles, the muffler stinger must exit within the
body shell side pods and point down towards the track surface.
10.5.3 Maximum noise level allowed is 85 dB(A) measured at a 90 degree angle to the direction
of travel of the vehicle at a distance of 33 feet, 3 feet above the ground, with the engine at
maximum throttle and at all speeds. The Race Director may decide on a different method
of noise measurement as long as the results are the same. If there is no noise level
equipment available, the Race Director can decide whether a vehicle that produces a
noise level in excess of other cars will be allowed to compete.
10.6 FUEL RULES
10.6.1 Only unleaded 'corner gas station' automotive pump gasoline available to the general
public may be used. The use of aviation or racing gasoline that is not street legal
automotive pump gasoline is specifically prohibited unless the race is to be run with eventprovided
gasoline. For events where event-provided gasoline will be used, the octane and
type of fuel must be disclosed on all advertisements and entry forms. An additional fee
may be added to the entry fee to cover the cost of the gasoline. The Race Director or
Technical Inspector can require any contestant to use event-provided gasoline at any time
prior to racing.
10.6.2 The only additive allowed in the gasoline is mass-produced two-stroke oil. When eventprovided
gasoline is used, the type and percentage of the oil used in the fuel must be
disclosed on all advertisements and entry forms.
10.6.3 Maximum fuel system capacity is 700cc, including fuel lines. The capacity of fuel tanks will
be measured using either of the procedures specified in rule 9.2.8.3. During a post-main
inspection only, a maximum tolerance of +1% (7cc) will be allowed in the tank size."
Old 11-11-2007, 05:43 PM
K-Spindle

What is really funny about this video if they STIFFED Richard at the track for the track fees for the two drivers of the Bajas in the video. I was telling Richard B. about this thread and he was cheesed off they made a promo video out at the track and stiffed him on even a practice fee, WOW! Its not like they can say they were not here they posted proof on the web hehehehehehe
Old 11-11-2007, 05:53 PM
fourwheeler

I will not agree more on the bling + noise of the Baja mods! Just the other day I saw a picture of a baja that had a full window set up, all I could think is ok now your pulling the hot air off the motor... Bling? where are the performance parts?

I run the front window in my Baja to help keep the air filter clean. I am also running the Lunatik side nets for the bling effect.

I hope soon that there will be some true racing on a track for large scale off road cars. Racing around the dunes is not true racing, put them on a track and let them race.

Racing around the dunes is just as good as racing around a prepared track. All you need are some cones or someway of marking the track. It doesn't have to be fancy to be effective. And that would probably be the ultimate way of testing the Bajas and all the parts we have on them. If they can survive running in race conditions in deep sand, then they should be able to survive running on a prepared surface.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:59 PM
K-Spindle

No reason you can't race on a dune track Lets DO IT!
Old 11-11-2007, 06:28 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

I ordered up the GBE velocity stack/filter kit I cannot wait too see what it look likes and what it does too my 27 ported/polished engine w/813 carb and billet intake....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83793.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	801678   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90141.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	801679  
Old 11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Generalg

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

I ordered up the GBE velocity stack/filter kit I cannot wait too see what it look likes and what it does too my 27 ported/polished engine w/813 carb and billet intake....

Bet it doesn't do ANYTHING to help.....
Old 11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
hathi
Banned

ORIGINAL: Generalg

Here you go judging a book by its cover again!
Where is your proff it wont do anything to help?
Old 11-12-2007, 02:25 PM
hathi
Banned

ORIGINAL: AZBaja

Karlton, come out to the next HBF Dunefest in March. You'll see alot more than noise and bling. Did you see all the videos? We had motors from Oneills, ESP, Gabe Brown, Bartolone, and many regular guys pumping out the Horses. No sanctioned races, but you could tell who was making the ponies around the large bowls. For the 2008 Dunetoberfest, we'll have more sponsors and official races.

Chris Bartonole had a Radar gun, but we never got around to using it for side by side racing. He may have used it, but I'm not sure on whose buggies.
Rob this looks like advertising for your forum![:'(]
Why not open this up to others, allow everyone to compete in the racing. Heck I might even make the trip with my then to be GBE powered baja sporting many ******* parts!
Forgot to mention, Nomadio React radio!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:03 PM
brice_arnold

This was his opinion much like many other members that have posted on this forum. Nice thing about an opinion is you don't have to substantiate it with proof.

Personally I have talked to manufactures, and engine builders that have told me that velocity stacks don't really do anything. Especially on an off-road car where the vehicle is not constantly moving. I have also used velocity stacks in the past on my off-road and on-road vehicles and not seen any noticeable difference with or with/out them.

ORIGINAL: Generalg

Here you go judging a book by its cover again!
Where is your proff it wont do anything to help?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
brice_arnold

What are you smoking?! Why are you trying to get into a stupid fight with someone that has nothing to do with this thread. This event was open to anyone and everyone and it wasn't just for members of a specific forum. As an attendee and sponsor of this event you were more than welcome to come this year and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Oh yeah

******Parts Rule!
Futaba 3PK!

Now what was that supposed to mean?

ORIGINAL: AZBaja

Rob this looks like advertising for your forum![:'(]
Why not open this up to others, allow everyone to compete in the racing. Heck I might even make the trip with my then to be GBE powered baja sporting many ******* parts!
Forgot to mention, Nomadio React radio!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:50 PM
AZBaja

Here is a better view of the original reason this thred was started.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGcS0kkJWj0]GBE at Dunetoberfest[/link]

Hathi, I wasn't inviting you to the Dunefest, I was inviting Karlton. Maybe next year I'll invite everyone from LSF, so we can have some FG amd MCD guys there as well.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:47 PM
hathi
Banned

Here is a quote from Gabe about his velocity stacks, you will see they are diffrent from most others they are not just an adaptor.

"The regular stacks available are nothing more than an air filter adapter. A big dog dish. The GBE velocity stack was tested by an independent company against other Velocity stacks (dog dishes). Ours was the only one that actually did anything for the engine. It does it by almost stopping reversion and it pulls more air into the engine therefore increasing the power the engine can make."

Here is also a link to a reveiw of the velocity stack
http://www.gopednation.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=207884
GBE used to make the velocity stacks for Proline

Take it as you want, those that run them know!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:49 PM
hathi
Banned

No comments for Brice or Fourwheeler, not worth it.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
brice_arnold

LOL, "not worth it" but you made a point of an additional post just to say that we're not worth it! You do realize how absurd that is, right....?

No comments for Brice or Fourwheeler, not worth it.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:16 PM
K-Spindle

hathi those who RACE KNOW. And its just Bling.... Save your money we tried all sorts of stacks YEARS ago and they do nothing on our motors but they look cool.
We even tried horns all sorts of designs.

Would love to know the company that did the flow tests that showed this product was better then what product? Who was it? What other MFGs stacks were tested in this so called independent test? Where is the white paper on the tests?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:18 PM
K-Spindle

AZ sounds like a HOOT! Love to get behind this!!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:26 PM
K-Spindle

Hathi

#1 GO PEDS do not use the same power bands as R/C cars do fact is the ped motor tuners stink at R/C car motor tuning every one of them so far.... Or we would all be using thier equipment in our R/C cars. The power bands and builds are not even close to what we use.

#2 Taken right from the thread YOU posted, BLING and NOISE! not a real test at all, NO TACH no speed nada. Just a couple goped drivers trying to prove something FREE they received worked for them and I quote, "Here's a huge caveat to these tests. I used neither a tachometer or a speed trap in measuring the results. But I did use 2 riders, one of them (me) is a 180lb Vet class ISA racer and the other (Max) is a 110lb Pro ISA Racer so we both have a pretty good feel for peds, power bands, going into and coming out of turns, where the power is needed for race conditions, etc. PLUS.. I had to be impressed to be .... well... impressed."

Lets get this tuner making a R/C motor and see what he can do. But so far Bling and Noise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.