Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

best pipe for HPI Baja

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:07 PM
hathi
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best pipe for HPI Baja

Sorry I have to say I agree with what Karlton is saying, he is a racer. Much more then many of us can say.
I know GBE will be at the toys for tots race, is anyone else going to step up?
I've also seen the dyno graphs by the independent third party, Im not impressed with any of those numbers... to me this is going to make me go out and buy something http://www.oddified.com/results.php Real world results, true racing results
Old 12-05-2007, 03:28 PM
FGjunkie

Hey Ryan,

Be careful for what you say going back at K-Spindle will get your post deleted. I know because I wrote something today and its gone.... hmmmm it seems that what I said was very true I guess. The fact that K-Spindle is very negative and miserable and always has his bad karma strapped at the waist side. I also noticed that he has nothing nice to say to anyone in any of his post's and when I call that out "Rc Universe" deletes my post.

Hey thanks again!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:19 PM
rubixcube

I prefer the dominator pipe. I run a esp 30.5cc engine, and tried the hpi pipe on it as well as the dom. The dom gives me more power, and compliments my engine very well. A little tuning of the rear suspension, and it handles just fine.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:22 AM
MONAROMAN

ORIGINAL: hathi

I've also seen the dyno graphs by the independent third party, Im not impressed with any of those numbers... to me this is going to make me go out and buy something http://www.oddified.com/results.php Real world results, true racing results

Sorry i can't sit back and read this endless drivel anymore... Hathi - it seems you ARE the GBE poster boy - give it a rest, let them plug their own stuff, you are contributing to the hype about parts that karlton is trying to stamp out... If they are that good people will buy their stuff - END OF STORY. And if you must go on with your propoganda please keep it to one thread - the GBE thread you started to discuss GBE products - then I don't have to put up with it in every thread I read.
What can you possibly have against the dyno results? Got some better ones then?
Finally hathi - can you drive like mr oddie... if not then most of those parts on the site you linked to will do nothing for you - but be my guest and fork out for them, give me something to laugh at.

Karlton I respect the racing thing - hell i want to get a track happening some time soon in sydney, its just with the costs involved in high end euro engines one has to look at other avenues (heck an oddified engine would be awesome but unless you plan on representing your country internationally its a bit of overkill), this is where lunatiks dyno results help for the real world unsponsored poor slobs like myself to try to make an informed decision on pipes, engines etc. IMO more results like this would help to solve the issues you speak of re putting up or shutting up, yes - no two dyno's will give identical results but if they are all compared off the one dyno with similar conditions then what more can you ask for... to me racing involves humans and unfortunately humans sometimes make mistakes and some humans are better skilled than others so you can't always put 100% faith in race results
Old 12-06-2007, 04:08 PM
hathi
Banned

Monaroman dont look here
http://gabebrownengineering.com/phot...y/FrameSet.htm
I got the word that these pipes are ready to ship
Old 12-06-2007, 04:43 PM
T I G

Monaroman dont look here
http://gabebrownengineering.com/phot...y/FrameSet.htm
I got the word that these pipes are ready to ship

What are the 2 holes for on the sides of some of the pipes?
Do they have 2 different style outlets?
They look nice.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:03 PM
hathi
Banned

Yes there are 2 diffrent pipes there, the way it was told to me is that the end bleed pipe is for more top end power. The dual side bleed pipe has more mid range power and is also a bit quieter. If you want look at Gabe Brown Engineering's website for more info.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:53 PM
T I G

Thanks hathi, I appreciate the info
Will do
Old 12-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Lunatik Engineering

I love the hpi pipe as well, huge increase over stock. Look at the price!

how much of a huge increase over stock? you sound like you are an "informed" guy.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Lunatik Engineering

Sorry I have to say I agree with what Karlton is saying, he is a racer. Much more then many of us can say.

what didnt impress you about the numbers?
Ask your friends at GBE to show us dyno results from this new pipe. Id like to compare it to the "third party" testing thats available.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:37 AM
hathi
Banned

Want to see my dyno sheets from my electric motors? On the track they are diffrent beasts
Old 12-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Lunatik Engineering

I for one think that GBE is nothing but hot air, or warm air at best. Talk in this industry in worthless without hard data. So Mr. GBE spokesman, lets see it, anything at all. Again, talk is w o r t h l e s s. So dont talk anymore, just post up some data.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Lunatik Engineering

If you have dyno results from his copypipe on your electric motors, post it up.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:11 AM
hathi
Banned

Wow time to do some home work there lunatik, I would advise you to phone GBE.
Even you yourself would be amazed to learn how these pipes came about.
GBE has 45 years of racing pipe experience with multiple motorcycle racing teams and Karting world championships, they did not steal anyones idea!(well maybe, someone had to invent the tuned pipe)
Old 12-07-2007, 06:38 AM
MONAROMAN

GBE has 45 years of racing pipe experience with multiple motorcycle racing teams and Karting world championships, they did not steal anyones idea!(well maybe, someone had to invent the tuned pipe)

You MUST work for GBE... what about donating some cash to RCU seeing you're advertising them everywhere.

I'm sure their pipe is good, but please this thread is asking about the best pipe for the baja, seeing nobody has a GBE pipe to run maybe you just pull your head in and shut the hell up for a while. Try contributing something else to the discussions except the usual GBE crap. Quite honestly I'm less likely to purchase any GBE products the more you carry on about them - hathi says they're the bomb - hell I'mm gonna order 6 of them then! NOT! try actually running the thing before you chime in about the pipe, or was that what they were testing now in the video, or was it the engine or the velocity stack...
Old 12-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Lunatik Engineering

Nothing amazes me without proof. I am a little amazed that someone(GBE) who has so much experience would use you as a mouthpiece to the buying public. Again, your talk is WORTHLESS.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Lunatik Engineering

Ill tell you what, YOU do some homework. google my name "Matt Blashfield" I too have raced motorcycles, owned teams and won championships. I searched for GBE and anything related and found absolutely nothing.

I know exactly how those pipes came about.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Lunatik Engineering

You've had 24 hours in this forum and several days in another to substantiate your claims. Its too easy to come online and attempt to deceive the public. Its pathetic when people try.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Lunatik Engineering

First response from Hathi via PM:

"well lunatik all I can say is you have 6 posts here in all 6 of them you are trying to bait me.... funny knowing where you came from! "
Old 12-07-2007, 04:10 PM
hathi
Banned

Can we just get back on topic here? I will be running a GBE pipe in the near futur. Curently I am running DDM dominator. I will find out witch one I like more then get rid of the other one.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:12 PM
vertigo performance

I run an HPI Pipe, been good to me, the Doms and Jet Pros are just too big and heavy for my liking regardless of performance and I am not sure I want to run a boat pipe.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:24 PM
MONAROMAN

Can we just get back on topic here? I will be running a GBE pipe in the near futur. Curently I am running DDM dominator. I will find out witch one I like more then get rid of the other one.

You derailed it by sprouting your propoganda mr GBE. And you don't even have the pipe yet!!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Lunatik Engineering

Can anyone on the planet substantiate this statement? anyone? GBE? A picture of a motorcycle pipe, or a cart pipe? A pic of a world championship trophy?

Gotta go eat dinner with my wife, Morgan Fairchild. Shes picking me up in our Learjet. I used to race Learjets. Actually my last name is Lear. My team of experts developed the exhaust systems for the Learjet engines. I have a pipe coming out for the Baja called the Learpipe. Gotta go now, I have a spokesperson from Canada that will do all of my online marketing now, I will be invisible from now on. I can turn invisible you know, only when nobody is looking at me........

Old 12-07-2007, 06:35 PM
MONAROMAN

LMAO lunatik I nearly choked on my breakfast... you're killin it mate

hathi you're in over your head [sm=drowning.gif]

Getting back on track here, we can clearly summise (without a shadow of a doubt) that the GBE pipes ARE NOT the best pipe for the HPI baja because at this point in time NOBODY HAS THEM - not even the GBE lovechild "hathi"
Old 12-07-2007, 06:54 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

This thread has degraded into nothing more than a petty little bickering match here. I've cleaned the thread up and I am locking it down. For those members not involved in this I apologize. For those members involved please listen to what I have to say. This is not the first time in recent history that a moderator has had to step in and clean up your petty little fights. This type of little spats stops right here and right now. If we have to break up anything like this again EVERYBODY involved will be placed on Moderated Status. I am sorry that we have to resort to this type of action, but you have left us no choice in the matter. As I said, this is not the first time that a moderator has had to clean this up and you all obviously did not heed his warnings as you are all doing the same thing again. So now it's my turn to step in here. This group has to make a choice now. You all either grow up and learn to discuss issues in a civil matter without attacking each other, or your will find your activities on RCU to be extremely limited and totally controlled by the moderator staff. The choice is yours to make. And as a final note, this is an all or nothing deal. If one person in this little group steps out of line everybody is going to be placed on MS. So I would strongly encourage you all to learn how to get along here.

Ken