Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Servo help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:47 PM
screamin chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo help

I have burned up 2 HS-5745MG, and now my HS-805BB is starting to only turn to the left, and I have burned up 2 5955 in my Muggy. I think i am done with the Hi Tech. WHat is everyone using I am thinking of going with the Airtronics.....
Old 12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
jasrx

Default RE: Servo help

are your endpoint adjustments setup right ?
what car ? is your servo saver working ?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:41 PM
screamin chicken

I am running a DX 3.0 end points are at 100. I have a FG Stadium and with the truck off i can turn steering both ways without any problems, I turn on the truck and I get a full left turn but it will not turn at all to the right. I have taken the servo horn out and zeroed it and positioned the horn to make up the difference and still the same. As soon as I turn on the power to the truck the wheels turn to the right.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Hairballusmaximus

Take any size servo and plug into same port and turn truck on, If good servo does same thing either reciever is goofy or you are picking up interferance or possibly TX is bad. Possible its something else but I cant think of anything at the moment.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:25 AM
screamin chicken

You now that I am thinking about it I also have a Venom Fail safe that works of of the C button and that has stopped working and I have check that the fail is working and figured the remote maybe going out also becasue I can kill the motor with the A button sometimes and the A has something to do with the steering right.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:37 AM
Osirisf16

ORIGINAL: screamin chicken

I have burned up 2 HS-5745MG, and now my HS-805BB is starting to only turn to the left, and I have burned up 2 5955 in my Muggy. I think i am done with the Hi Tech. WHat is everyone using I am thinking of going with the Airtronics.....

HOW THE HELL DID YOU BURNT THOSE SERVOS???JESUS!!! What car you on? And tell me, how high did it jump? And that with the end point adjustment, be sure that this is!! Next time, check your adjustments. Servos did NOT burn so easily. I hope you took safety tasks about your servos in rain or very wet ground. That about that your servo turns only left, is an electronic transistor and YOU BURNT IT!!! Hey, check your end point adjustments. And where did you use those servos? Steering or brake/throttle?
Old 12-02-2007, 01:44 AM
jasrx

take the top cover off the servo and see if theres any water on the inside of the case . are u running the standard fg plastic servo saver or a aftermarket one ?
Old 12-02-2007, 03:19 AM
Hairballusmaximus

I am not familiar with failsafes. as jasrx said check servo for water and I would check RX and the Failsafe as well. Also try disconnecting the failsafe. As far as the servo saver goes I doubt it has anything to do with the problem. I have stripped plenty of servos and when they strip they wont go only one way they pretty much dont do anything but growl&grind.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:32 AM
jasrx

ahh yes but a dud servo saver could have caused his issue in the first place , and if he installs a new servo and the servo saver causes that to die too[ due to it not doing its job] id be pissed . i had issues with my last fgmt with the elcon alloy servo saver [ servo saver keeped binding up causing 2 dead 5745 servos in 2 weeks ] . just a thought
Old 12-02-2007, 03:48 AM
vertigo performance

I run nothing but Hitec and love them.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:03 AM
Hairballusmaximus

If the saver is hanging up and putting an excess load on the drive motor I can see what your saying, but if it is to "stiff" or as you said "not doing its job wouldnt it just strip the gear set? I dont think the the split second shock loading of an impact would "burn up" the circuits, do you? I do not mean to install another servo in truck for test, I only mean to hook it to the RX and see if it also will only go one way just by watching the servo arm. I would have been really ticked after the first one died if it is something other than a gear set. Hey Screamin, have you tried to contact HiTec yet? I am curious what they would have to say. I had a HS 5645 MG as throttl/brake servo in my ofna MBX that litterally let the smoke out and they replaced it. Worth at least talking to them.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:55 AM
screamin chicken

On 1 of the servo the the front end was locked up and the servo burnt up i understand that, the 2nd burnt up after awhile of playing, and now the 3rd one I was running it last week with no problems, it sat for about 3 weeks and I went to run it the other day and I had my problem. I run my FG on solid ground there isnt any water anywhere. On my Muggy the 59555TQ burnt a hole throug the bottom of the casing.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Johnnysplits

You should have your EPA set at 90%. You don't want servos to max out , otherwise they'll be in the garbage in short time.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:23 AM
K-Spindle

MPX RHINO and set the end points to stop the servo 90% in either direction so you have some left over for hard hits even with the servo saver on large scale off road you need to plan on some hard hits.

Also make sure to use the INSIDE most hole you can on the servo output arm not the farthest one out.

Plus make sure the servo saver and steering hubs move freely and you will stop burning up servos.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:34 PM
screamin chicken

Ok where do I get the Rhino line....
Old 12-02-2007, 01:20 PM
K-Spindle

Many places sell them here is a direct link to the servo at Tower. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJCG2&P=7
Old 12-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Johnnysplits

The rhino is manufactured by multiplex. Google multiplex servos and you'll find them.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:22 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: screamin chicken

Ok where do I get the Rhino line....
rc nuts stocks multiplex servos