Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

CAD model of an FG monster ..

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:49 AM
wings_of_fire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAD model of an FG monster ..

hi guys!.
I am into mech engineering & would like to create a complete CAD (Computer Aided Design) model for a FG monster for free. The only part on ur side is to provide me with precise dimensions & its done on ur side. I can work on it everyday & u can provide me with dimensions on a daily basis through email. I will transfer the CAD model to you through email every sunday in any desired format you want which is used in a CAD software.

Remember I mean the complete Fg monster including the mechanics of the engine,clutch, transmission, suspension...etc etc.

No one would be easily ready to do it for free, coz it takes lot of time beeing invested into this but I am ready to do this. A CAD model can also be used to Test & Alter design without harming the real model. A CAD model can also be sold.

I use Unigraphics Nx-4 for designing. Any one having querries or seriously intrested feel free to contact me.

Thnx!

regards,
Pradeep

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45148.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	818923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71372.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	818924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65175.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	818925  
Old 12-06-2007, 03:26 PM
hrlaust

Default RE: CAD model of an FG monster ..

Dude, awesome!
I am doing the exact same. I am just drawing the Baja 5b. Some parts are really hard to dimension and others are easier.
This is what I have been drawing so far.. Haven't felt like drawing the last two months, because then my baja would have to be disassembled all the time..

I wont be able to help you because I don't have a FG.
Good luck..
Old 12-07-2007, 01:46 AM
wings_of_fire

Dear Hrlost,
extremely good !.[sm=thumbup.gif] I like wht u have done. I understand the precise work involved & time invested in creating something like this. Their is some of my work here, which is an american chopper bike. I am not loading other views since i will be putting it into production. U have triggered a few questions in my mind as follows:-

1]what software are you using for designing ?
2]what process do u use to measure freeform design from the real Hpi Baja model ?
3] Do u use 3D scanning technique for creating the model ? { http://vr.isdale.com/3DScanners/images/index.html }

I would like to meet u on an online chat ...do u have yahoo messenger ?
Hope to see the beauty completed & hope to be in touch with u !

Thnx a lot for sharing ur work

regards,
Pradeep
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46382.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	820151   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48970.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	820152  
Old 12-07-2007, 04:26 AM
hrlaust

Looks like a nice chopper. Basically, I am using a vernier caliper. And when I have been drawing a part it usually don't fit the real model, but when I start assembling the baje I fint the problem and are able to change it and then I fit nicely. This is a project to make be a better user of the 3d software... I am using Autodesk Inventor 12.
I use MSN Messenger.

Cheers..
Old 12-07-2007, 08:41 AM
wings_of_fire

I know its hard to guess the actual design of the chopper, but I can,t post the other pics right now. I will be posting them once I start manufacturing.
Hmm good technique for measuring. The big companies if want to copy something they just dissemble the product , 3d scan it & finish the CAD model with final touches. Hence they r able to keep up with the market trend & earn money. Here time is what matters the most coz there`s huge money invested into manufacturing.
The Baja is a very good design & I have read a lot of reviews about it saying that its a tough design with very good handling . Have u seen the desert jumps of the Hpi Baja on YOU TUBE ? Its awesome!

MSN Messenger ein`t working good on my pc. Last time I installed it I was not able to use it for some reason [sm=drowning.gif]which I never figured out.. but I will try to get it going.

Cheers Buddy! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 12-07-2007, 02:23 PM
fguniverse

Hey guys!

Great work I must say!

Keep it up

Pete

FG Universe
Old 12-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Dave ESPI

needs.......

more.........

hot.........

chicks.........

Old 12-07-2007, 09:18 PM
krayziedxc
My Feedback: (9)

kinda werid just to ask for deminsion for a FG, and sounds like you want to go into production and steal there Fg designs and etc..
Old 12-08-2007, 12:59 AM
wings_of_fire

ORIGINAL: krayziedxc

kinda werid just to ask for deminsion for a FG, and sounds like you want to go into production and steal there Fg designs and etc..

its just to learn the mechanics of the Fg. An Fg being so heavy can,t be launched from more than 4ft . I wanna design an 1/5 scale offroader which is light weight & can throughly be bashed but ofcourse not compromising with the power. If a better product has to be made than the already made product has to be studied.

[sm=thumbs_down.gif]Its not an good idea to copy something & put it into production, coz any branded product has a design patent & coping a patented product without rights is illegal + the cost put into manufacturing such a product is too risky!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:21 AM
eightman

wow, it's a shame not to see this finished model, i have seen a 3d film from one other guy i think.
Stef