RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???

Reply
Old 12-06-2007, 08:17 PM
  #1
rafa26
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hatboro, PA
Posts: 210
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???

Where are you ???




rafa26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 PM
  #2
K-Spindle
 
K-Spindle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: La Canada, CA
Posts: 430
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???

While it may be 1:6 thats a nitro truck not a gasser.
K-Spindle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:27 AM
  #3
rafa26
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hatboro, PA
Posts: 210
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???

I like the truck but i really don't think the SMT CXP25 motor will take a 11.3lbs truck to 65mph.

Does any of you have experience with SMT engines ? I can't even find their website.

Any comment will be appreciated.
rafa26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:36 AM
  #4
mbe301
 
mbe301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB, CANADA
Posts: 468
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???

So far no problems with the motor, I found it easy to tune, good power. Unfortunatly both the diff's are shot (after about 10 tanks, gears stripped) Has anyone found another truck with compatible parts or is this an original design from smartech? I can post a pic of the differential and housing if it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84621.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	820342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok28711.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	820343  
mbe301 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:38 AM
  #5
rafa26
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hatboro, PA
Posts: 210
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mbe301

So far no problems with the motor, I found it easy to tune, good power. Unfortunatly both the diff's are shot (after about 10 tanks, gears stripped) Has anyone found another truck with compatible parts or is this an original design from smartech? I can post a pic of the differential and housing if it helps.
Dude, do you really think the speed manufactures numbers are right, 65mph ?
rafa26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:55 AM
  #6
mbe301
 
mbe301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB, CANADA
Posts: 468
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???

LOL
More like 50-60 kilometers per hour, if it went 65mph... it would explode, ripping itself to peices. It is by no means a great truck, but okay for light bashing (very light)
mbe301 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:59 AM
  #7
rafa26
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hatboro, PA
Posts: 210
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mbe301

LOL
More like 50-60 kilometers per hour, if it went 65mph... it would explode, ripping itself to peices. It is by no means a great truck, but okay for light bashing (very light)
50-60km, ***!! How they manufactures lie man.

Do we have any option to upgrade the engine ??? I didn't find any info on the internet about the engine manufactures SMT ? Do you know their website ?

Thanks man.
rafa26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:48 AM
  #8
mbe301
 
mbe301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB, CANADA
Posts: 468
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???

http://www.smartechracing.com/Englis...ct_Engines.asp
This is all I could find
mbe301 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:10 PM
  #9
ProRCRacer88
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,938
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???

Smartech is an offbrand manufactuer that make cheap rc cars and write claims that will make new rc hobbiest buy one. all manufactueres that have a speed claim on their rtr car are lying in some way. IMO you guys wasted your money
ProRCRacer88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  #10
rafa26
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hatboro, PA
Posts: 210
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

Smartech is an offbrand manufactuer that make cheap rc cars and write claims that will make new rc hobbiest buy one. all manufactueres that have a speed claim on their rtr car are lying in some way. IMO you guys wasted your money

Does the TRAXXAS speed claims are not real too ?
rafa26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:17 PM
  #11
rafa26
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hatboro, PA
Posts: 210
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mbe301

http://www.smartechracing.com/Englis...ct_Engines.asp
This is all I could find
CPX29


Thanks for the link man, i hope we can change the CPX 29(picture) by the CPX 25.
rafa26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:50 PM
  #12
ProRCRacer88
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,938
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rafa26


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

Smartech is an offbrand manufactuer that make cheap rc cars and write claims that will make new rc hobbiest buy one. all manufactueres that have a speed claim on their rtr car are lying in some way. IMO you guys wasted your money

Does the TRAXXAS speed claims are not real too ?
definatly not real, all the speed claims are fake, for example, for the traxxas car to hit 70mph, you need a looong stretch of road, change of gearing, and the engine to be in perfect tune. you wont just hit the speed claim as easy as the box says. most capable car to hit the speed claim out the box is the XR80 1/8th rtr car. they say it will hit 80mph and it will get there quicker than the other rtr cars to about 75 if not 80
ProRCRacer88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:01 PM
  #13
hybridstone
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SOUTH OF HEAVEN, BC, CANADA
Posts: 557
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Where are the Smartech Tornado F-150 owners ???


Quote:
ORIGINAL: mbe301

So far no problems with the motor, I found it easy to tune, good power. Unfortunatly both the diff's are shot (after about 10 tanks, gears stripped) Has anyone found another truck with compatible parts or is this an original design from smartech? I can post a pic of the differential and housing if it helps.
Its the plastic diff cups that flex then the planatary diff gears strip!! Ofna Dominator alloy cups but you may need to buy the ofna ring/pinion gear as well or mod the alloy cup to use the smartech ring gear
hybridstone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:21 PM
  #14
Rickbail
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Parts

does anyone still have one I can get parts from
Rickbail is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:23 AM
  #15
bbuzzard
 
bbuzzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: AshburnVirginia
Posts: 1,413
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickbail View Post
does anyone still have one I can get parts from
http://www.jhchobby.com/ecommerce/sm...ine-power.html

SMARTECH PARTS - Page 1 - RC WORLD

Last edited by bbuzzard; 05-08-2017 at 09:29 AM.
bbuzzard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:31 AM.