Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG HUMMER MONSTER TIRES ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:39 PM
hummitlargescale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG HUMMER MONSTER TIRES ?

Hi,can anyone help me with a ? I have a new hummer monster truck it has 2 front tires with a H on them which I asume is hard and two rears with a M which I asume is medium but the two rears have flat spots and none of the tires have foam its a week old is this ok to glue them like this hoping it will fix it's shape after driving or if foams not included should I order some for the back and fronts.Thanks
Old 12-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Dave ESPI

Default RE: FG HUMMER MONSTER TIRES ?

warm them up with a heat gun or really hot water (not boiling). They will soften up and should return to normal.

H is front M is rear.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:22 AM
hummitlargescale

Thanks any info on foam inserts?
Old 12-07-2007, 02:19 AM
jasrx

are u 100% sure they have no foam in them? were they preglued?
i broke a foam insert on the rear and it caused a huge flatspot and the wheel was unbalanced , i had to take the tire off and fix it [ not a easy job ].
Old 12-07-2007, 06:17 AM
dimag093

The RTR version delivered to me came whithout foam inserts.When i started the questions to the local dealer he said that this is normal(at least in Europe ) He claimed,the new version of monster tires(FG RACING logo on the sidewall) don't need any foam insert,due to a fabric insert inside the compound preventing the tire from expanding in high speeds.I double check that whith FG's customer service and with Hobbythek in Germany.They also said that using the tires 'as is" gives tons if grip and prevents the truck from bouncing.The truth is that i never saw my tires baloonized,nor the truck to bounce by any means,though i wonder how my truck would perform with the use of foam inserts
When my truck is standstill on its wheels a flatspot occurs(not a big one).During bashing though this effect gets elliminated due to the centrifugal force on the tires.I never had balance problems during bashing
Old 12-07-2007, 06:43 AM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

and keep your truck elevated in storage that way you wont get flat spots also .
Old 12-07-2007, 06:55 AM
PBJT

I have the FG racing tires on mine with foam inserts, would go max speed with no shake untill I drilled holes inside the rims and water/sand got in. But as mentioned keep the truck elevated and wieght off the tires while storing. I use a christmas tree stand to hold mine up because it has a large stable bottem when working on it. Even a plastic container works well, anything to keep it up to prevent flat spots.

PBJT
Old 12-07-2007, 09:48 AM
jasrx

my mt duznt bounce [but i have changed the suspension/shock setings - bigger oil holes in the shock pistons- diffrent fluid] . i think with the ballooning of the tires will have something to do with using either the H or M compound of tires on the rear . as i get a big ballooning affect at wot using the M tires on the rear [ and thats with foam inserts ]