Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fg baja durability ?????

Old 12-07-2007, 01:17 PM
blackrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fg baja durability ?????

i wanted to know wich is tougher out of the box the fg baja or the hpi baja. i have looked at both today it seems like the fg baja parts look beefier and comes with a much better motor. the hpi i deffenetly wins in the apperance part and sweet hopups. i deffenetly want to choose the tougher one out of the 2. please if i can get as much feedback as possible on this thanks.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:07 PM
lauderboy

Default RE: fg baja durability ?????

iam also torn between the 2 so i could do with info also
sorry to just jump in
Old 12-07-2007, 02:21 PM
fguniverse

We carry a full line of parts for both lines.
but I will say the FG baja is much better built out of the box.
We have many hop up parts for both cars,if you dont see what you want,give us a call or email with any questions!

Take care and good luck

Pete
Old 12-07-2007, 03:24 PM
PBJT

I have an FG marder and FG monster truck. Both are stock other then tuned pipe. My friends (I run with 7 other HPI bajas) all usually go home broken or fixed during the day. The frt tires are coming off, breaking axles, bending shocks, rear shock springs go flying......but you know they all do break and we only run in the dirt cause the grass is boring and ashpalt is to fast/expensive. Don't get me wrong they are still IMO a great machine and could not go wrong either way. I would go with what parts are available locally.

PBJT
Old 12-07-2007, 06:46 PM
BLOODforBLOOD-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

FG is way more tougher!HPI in my opinion is JUNK!Its only popular because of the name HPI people think its great,its like Dell computers everyone thinks there so great its a DELL,lol crap.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:14 PM
blackrain

keep the opinions coming even though i love the look of the hpi baja. i dont want that to distract me from getting the best quality baja out of the 2, just because one is more popular than the other. When your spending this much money you want no regrets im selling 2 of my nitros to buy this.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:52 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

sorry to be rude .. just search around and read posts from the other 100 same questions ..
just like you say .its alot of money .. so search and read .
Good Luck ..
Old 12-07-2007, 11:54 PM
blackrain

i have bin reading for the past 3 days on this forum and several others looking for current opinions
Old 12-08-2007, 12:13 AM
blackrain

these are the things i have found so far. fg baja, faster better quality motor, beefier, needs aluminum engine mount , metal diff housing, metal spur gears to bullet proof driveline.

hpi baja jumps better and handles better, cheeper motor, needs aluminumr diff housing, diff leaks, needs up graded dive shafts for big power stock tires are cheap, gear cover or metal gears i think there was some other stuff also

i could be incorect but this is the general opinions, i have read i know the hpi baja ss have corrected some of these things
Old 12-08-2007, 07:06 AM
BLOODforBLOOD-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

blackrain jumps better NOT FG will jump aLL day 30 to 40 foot jumps its tough as steel!my baja will be in peices after 2 jumps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30096.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	821024  
Old 12-08-2007, 09:02 AM
blackrain

Thats good to know i had a hard time finding videos on you tube of fg bajas jumping. i noticed hpi bajas need upgraded drive line because stock bones seem to be week. Is this the same with the fg baja or is the stock bones bullet proof. The more i read the hpi baja is starting to seem more like a 1/5 scale tmaxx, with all these aftermarket companys trying to rape you.