Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

29cc Motor with JP Pipe or Dominator Pipe

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

29cc Motor with JP Pipe or Dominator Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 12:00 PM
yoiforgot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29cc Motor with JP Pipe or Dominator Pipe

How much added HP can I expect from a 3.5 - 3.75hp 29cc motor with a Dominator or Jet Pro pipe? I'm guessing 4+hp, but I would like to know from experience users.

I guess what I'm asking is, how much hp does a Dominator or Jet Pro pipe add on (estimates of course)? These are tuned pipes right?

Sorry for the noob questions...

Old 01-03-2008, 01:00 PM
whizzy

Default RE: 29cc Motor with JP Pipe or Dominator Pipe

i have a jetpro on my fg baja and i have raced against a mates who has a dominator and the only difference between them is he runs a k and n filter and i run the rn tuning filter and the 2 pipes eveything else is the same and mine wins hands down everytime and he is at the stage he wants to change his dominator for a jetpro
Old 01-03-2008, 03:28 PM
krayziedxc
My Feedback: (9)

go for jet pro...
Old 01-03-2008, 06:47 PM
splcrazy

ive got the new sidemount ddm pipe and the hpi tuned pipe . the sidemount ddm pipe out performs the hpi tuned pipe but the hpi gives the snappy performance of a dirtbike which i like verry much . the jetpro is in my sights too but which one should i get ? i like the normal $ 189 jetpro but dont like the look of the jetprov3 with that rubber tube for the silencer piece lol
Old 01-03-2008, 10:02 PM
yoiforgot

I just purchased the JP fd545 pipe with the integrated silencer. I like the look of the pipe, which is dumb because I should go for performance, not looks...on the other hand, I dont know how any of these pipes work because I've never owned one...I hear some guys saying get a DDM, then another JP, then TGN...etc....

so this is the first for me...I'll post results shortly...

Here is the link to the pipe I purchased...(I hope it shows)

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product549.html

Old 01-04-2008, 12:21 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: yoiforgot

I just purchased the JP fd545 pipe with the integrated silencer. I like the look of the pipe, which is dumb because I should go for performance, not looks...on the other hand, I dont know how any of these pipes work because I've never owned one...I hear some guys saying get a DDM, then another JP, then TGN...etc....

so this is the first for me...I'll post results shortly...

Here is the link to the pipe I purchased...(I hope it shows)

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product549.html

hey thats the pipe im talking about , i really like that one and thats the one ill be getting too . it looks awsome how the muffler comes out from the back, its a much better design than that V3 version .
Old 01-04-2008, 12:50 AM
yoiforgot

definitely, despite the tip being slightly exposed...it's a great design...but I dont know about its performance...DDM describes it as having "wheelie-snapping performance", but says nothing about top-end performance. I guess I'll figure it out when the time comes.

The design reminds me of an exhaust muffler sticking out from behind a sports car

If I dont like the performance, I'll re-sell it and order another one!...lol..

I live in SLC, Utah...so shipping is always next-day for me. I ordered the pipe today before noon and I get it tomorrow...sweet!!

Ben
Old 01-04-2008, 12:55 AM
yoiforgot

Why are Samba pipes so expensive? Do they give better performance than the rest?

Also, the JP pipe claims to add up to 1.5hp to the stock Baja + 10mph. Is this realistic, or a marketing pitch ? Could I expect atleast 1hp gain and 10 mph gain with the stock CY26cc motor that came with my HPI Baja 5b SS kit ?

Ben
Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 AM
vertigo performance

Check out GBE pipe (if this is for the Baja) 1lb 8oz , designed and built for the Baja
www.gabebrownengineering.com
Old 01-04-2008, 09:00 AM
ryan@ddm

ORIGINAL: yoiforgot
Also, the JP pipe claims to add up to 1.5hp to the stock Baja + 10mph. Is this realistic, or a marketing pitch ?
Jetpro doesn't make that claim; a certain Jetpro dealer does.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:21 AM
yoiforgot

Good Point, I forgot what website I was browsing....(my apologies)...

Old 01-04-2008, 10:36 AM
whizzy

well this video tends to prove the claim as it captured on speed cam with and without

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOqWfo1cAhk]jetpro[/link]
Old 01-04-2008, 10:53 AM
ryan@ddm

ORIGINAL: whizzy

well this video tends to prove the claim as it captured on speed cam with and without

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOqWfo1cAhk]jetpro[/link]
I'm not saying the Jetpro doesn't give a significant performance boost. It does. We sell it. We have sold Jetpro products for more than eight years now.

I'm saying that certain other Jetpro dealers have earned a reputation for, shall we say, exaggeration - with respect to performance gains and speed claims.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:01 AM
whizzy

im not saying u did ryan all i was saying is the video does claim between 7-10mph of a difference with the jetpro but yes some do exagerate to get a sale and some do say as u say there is a significant performance boost that u can see

anyway it comes down to what u want i suppose at the end of the day and how much u are willing to spend
Old 01-04-2008, 11:18 AM
yoiforgot

Either way I purchased the JetPro pipe from DDM...I'm expecting it today! I gotta tell ya, the anticipation is killing me....especially since I had to stop building the baja ss kit just to accomodate the pipe...I guess I could've been patient and tried the HPI pipe first, but nah...I'm a tenacious monkey!

How much is the HPI pipe going for? I should sell it to cover 50% - 60% of the new pipe...lol

Ben
Old 01-04-2008, 06:16 PM
splcrazy

the hpi pipe is selling at DDM for 99 dollars . hey i like that pipe you bought but i also like the DDM pipe that passes and wraps through the back of the roll cage . hmm im confused in what to get now lol
Old 01-05-2008, 09:12 AM
N3il.h

Im no RC wizz but I wouldnt go by that video posted....Iv never seen a Baja that SLOW off the mark with a stock pipe lol clearly needed to be tuned or something.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:10 PM
clubin

ORIGINAL: N3il.h

Im no RC wizz but I wouldnt go by that video posted....Iv never seen a Baja that SLOW off the mark with a stock pipe lol clearly needed to be tuned or something.
advertising, with the Jetpro, the runs were longer, I think he had the throttle endpint set down for thestock pipe runs.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:15 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: N3il.h

Baja's are pigs with the stock pipe and suffer from major take off bog. The pipes do make a outstanding difference. It's like night and day when you compare a tuned pipe to the stock can, even at factory carb settings.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:14 AM
N3il.h

yeah I know the stock baja suffers with the 23cc engine....but that to me at least, was over the top bogging
Old 01-07-2008, 03:00 PM
yoiforgot

How about the HPI tuned pipe? I haven't used it because I purchased a JP pipe from DDM. Does the JP pipe give better performance than the HPI tuned pipe? It's obviously bigger and cost more...so my ignorance tells me that it performs better...hehe...what do u think?

Old 01-07-2008, 06:20 PM
splcrazy

just whack the hpi tuned pipe on for a hour and see and hear for youself then take it off to sell it or whatever lol its the only way your gonna find out , personally the after market pipes like DDM and JETPRO offer the most performance your ever gonna get , so the hpi tuned pipe that ive currently got on is insanly LOUD and the performance is REALLY GOOD for the price that it is . lets just say that jetpro invented the hpi tuned pipe then people would be bragging how good it is and such lol . but because hpi made this pipe they naturally have to discount its price cos there is always gonna be people suspisous about stock parts that come out from hpi for their baja5b. But apart from all that the hpi tuned pipe is awsome for me , i have the brand new DDM sidemount pipe and ran it a couple of times but then i put back the hpi tuned pipe cos i love the sound of it , the performance is only slightly less to the ddm pipe i have . so any pipe OVER the STOCK CAN PIPE is a major performance boost , but to me all these DDM and jetpro and other brand pipes ill say have nearly the same performance , its just a matter of which one you want to choose for the looks of your baja , thers just no way that any of these pipes is gonna make your baja do 120kmh lol
Old 01-07-2008, 07:30 PM
yoiforgot

Point Taken...Thank You Sir

Old 01-08-2008, 02:56 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

ORIGINAL: vertigo performance

Check out GBE pipe (if this is for the Baja) 1lb 8oz , designed and built for the Baja
www.gabebrownengineering.com

QFT, best pipe(s) out there imo and not vulnerable at all when bashing.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:33 AM
hathi
Banned

a freak hit and any pipe will get damaged, some of the solid mount pipes if they go get a hard hit will take out the cylinder as well as the pipe