Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI BAJA CLONE THE BAJA X

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:31 PM
lords

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI BAJA CLONE THE BAJA X

So what does all this have to do with this Topic RE: HPI BAJA CLONE THE BAJA X
and how many time are we going to waist space repeating this same BS...who cares
open a new topic on this....
Old 12-01-2008, 02:43 PM
victory-rc

is this what your talking about ? cash back live > http://search.live.com/cashback/howToUse

wheres the ebay link for an ss ?
Old 12-01-2008, 03:16 PM
rearviewmirror

ORIGINAL: lords

So what does all this have to do with this Topic RE: HPI BAJA CLONE THE BAJA X
and how many time are we going to waist space repeating this same BS...who cares
open a new topic on this....

Just trying steer folks down the correct path.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:26 PM
FGmyzer

You try to steer everyone down what you think is the right path. I have a clone baja and it cost me $450 I have bought alot of hopups and just now I'm up to the price of the HPI Baja with $500 worth of hopups.

How will that $200 Microsoft rebate help me?? I live in europe.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:13 PM
lords

I hear ya man...but as the way the world is no days ..it's hard to buy things as it is...
I wish we all had the money for the HPI version even I own a KM baja with HPI parts
I am the kind of person that thanks the clone sellers for letting these go at a nice price..not to mention be hoped up with HPI parts
I bet HPI and KM are both laughing about all this
take care

Old 12-01-2008, 04:17 PM
cherokee_140

I am not sure what clone the OP is talking about but I have a SQ baja and have had nothing but good luck with it. I would suggest it to anyone over the brand (H) model any day and twice on sunday.

Some people need to justify what they bought, and if someone is having just as much fun on something that costs less then half as much it has to be junk....it could not be that they are a sucker and paid for a name.

Good luck with your Baja clone, in my experence with the clone I bought there is no way on earth the hpi car could be worth even $100 more. My car has been just that good.

One other thing just to keep the the pot boiling:

How on earth can anyone say one car is something and another is something else unless they have them side by side. There are so many that have never seen, touched, driven the other car to make any kind of statement as to quality of one product or the other. The only one that I have seen put the two cars side by side is Hellya. He seems to have driven both cars back to back, ownes both cars and seems to be a guy that has tried to give the straight story on both cars....some people just don't seem to like how the story ends. For his example it seems to me that the clone is a better buy. His reviews are what made me buy the clone, and I don't even have the KM I have the SQ and have been very happy with it.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:15 PM
rearviewmirror

I can say that a Hyungsang motorcycle isn't as good as a Yamaha.... I don't own both. I can say that the knock off Honda Z50's from China are NOT as good as a real Honda Z50, I own neither. Clone companies aren't about quality, they're about making a buck off of someone else's design. So...that's how. Maybe I'm wrong, but in most cases - clones = inferior quality.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
FGmyzer

Look at the fg marder and the firehammer. The firehammer is the clone but both vehicles have the same weak spots, both can use parts from the other vehicles.

hpi baja and the king motor baja, both use the same parts have the same weak spots, the only difference is the way the plastic was made, the chemical makeup of the plastic.they are the same size, all hpi parts fit the baja clone.

With the prices of the clone in the market and on ebay, you can get 2 clones for the same cost as a new baja 5b
Old 12-01-2008, 06:04 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: victory-rc

Have you noticed that MANY of the people who attack the clones are "venders" who sell parts for the hpi baja ? ....BUT THEY WILL SELL PARTS TO THE CLONES .
If your attacking a clone,then dont sell parts for it. ...R/C Hypocrites ...BAD FOR THE HOBBY.

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Quite frankly, while its not up to the quality of the real Baja, im sure its fine. People on this board have serious issues understanding that "knock-offs" made in china dont fall apart the second you start the engine. Most of them use the same manufacturing techniques as the originals.
Please, dont even start bashing another RCU member. sheograth has HAD RCs of all kinds, CLONES and the REAL DEAL. Dont go accusing him as a seller of a specific name brand or brands.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:10 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: FGmyzer

You try to steer everyone down what you think is the right path. I have a clone baja and it cost me $450 I have bought alot of hopups and just now I'm up to the price of the HPI Baja with $500 worth of hopups.

How will that $200 Microsoft rebate help me?? I live in europe.
You know, he as as much right to steer people to away form the clones as you have THE SAME RIGHT to suggest a clone to anyone. Do not attempt to bully him from his right.

He said nothing that was bashing anything or anyone. His words were not hard where yours are.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:17 PM
SAVAGEJIM

OKAY: I noticed that this thread was intervened by the mods at least a few times. Personally, I am sick of it and I am this close to asking the mods to lock this thread altogether.

Why is it someone can say there is a rebate or coupon for a real HPI Baja and he gets jumped on? Why is it when someone dares to mention the original RC as an alternative to the clones, that guy gets bashed on? These guys have come a long way to keep from bashing clones but the same due respect is not returned.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:25 PM
hellya

HAHA noone is being bashed there is no name calling......

The thread started by asking for people opinions who actually own both vehicles( not speculations drawn off ebay pictures)...there is just differences of opinions

i'm thinking of getting a hpi baja then i saw the baja x on ebay its a exact copy of the hpi baja 5b but a lot cheaper i've read a couple of other forams and they say its the same as the hpi one what do you guys think as anyone got any experiance with this buggy
I just think you might have to own/bash one of these to have some experience with the buggy.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:33 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: hellya

HAHA noone is being bashed there is no name calling......

The thread started by asking for people opinions who actually own both vehicles( not speculations drawn off ebay pictures)...there is just differences of opinions

i'm thinking of getting a hpi baja then i saw the baja x on ebay its a exact copy of the hpi baja 5b but a lot cheaper i've read a couple of other forams and they say its the same as the hpi one what do you guys think as anyone got any experiance with this buggy
I just think you might have to own/bash one of these to have some experience with the buggy.

Very well, let everyone, I mean EVERYONE express their opinions, but without bashing from either side.

NO suppression of another's opinions, just both sides.

So, compare your clones with your originals. You have shown pics of nearly a dozen clones and real Baja, but how does your Redcat compare to your MCD? Or one of your FGs to your FG clones?
Old 12-01-2008, 06:44 PM
hellya

My Firehamer is just as good as my marder....as a matter of fact I used alot of FG parts on the firehammer it cost me $400 for my hammer when i bought it

Now you can get a smarteh traveller for about $375-400 which is the same vehicle

The Redcat .....I cant compair it to mcd from ownership......I never bought a mcd to much $$ for a rolling chassis

I can tell you by compairison to a MCD at the local 1/5 shop that the drive system is setup the same
Old 12-01-2008, 06:49 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Very good. Based on what you have typed you gave objective and non-bashing opinion and experience of both your clones and your real deal RCs.

Everyone else! Follow this example and stop jumping on someone who does suggest the original RC as an alternative to a clone.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:02 PM
x Wild Bill x

Okay for the cash back deal, you have to go to www.live.com and search for Cheap Wii, click on the first link that says get up to 30% off when you buy Wii on Ebay. Don't worry you are not buying Wii, now that will take to Ebay and you can search for Hpi Baja SS and pick the one with the lowest price and going through that link Microsoft will send you the money back, 60 Days latter. On the top of the Ebay pages it will give you the details of Live and how it works so read up on that first, you must use Buy It Now and sign up for Live first...

Have fun!
Bill
Old 12-02-2008, 12:21 AM
racer/flyer
My Feedback: (1)

One guy stated that the quality was the same, and that's a load of bull sh*t! In the past I've read threads about clones in other forums, and it seemed like problems just kept popping up. For one they noted that the plastic was weaker on the clones, and people would act like that was no big deal, and just say they would replace it with the HPI parts. It might be a bargain at first, but I'm betting that overtime you would put more money in parts that didn't hold up, or basically prematurely wore out. I'm not saying that I own one of these, or have any experience with clones to back up what I say (I've just read about other peoples experiences), but I would rather support the company that brings us these great rc cars instead of supporting the chinese company that stole HPI's design! China is not the one that is going to come out with new and innovative designs, thats where HPI comes in. Don't you people have morals!?!?...
Old 12-02-2008, 01:28 AM
victory-rc

Nooooo .... I was agreeing with him.... %100 ....it was "my continuation" to his post mostly.
ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Have you noticed that MANY of the people who attack the clones are "venders" who sell parts for the hpi baja ? ....BUT THEY WILL SELL PARTS TO THE CLONES .
If your attacking a clone,then dont sell parts for it. ...R/C Hypocrites ...BAD FOR THE HOBBY.

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Quite frankly, while its not up to the quality of the real Baja, im sure its fine. People on this board have serious issues understanding that "knock-offs" made in china dont fall apart the second you start the engine. Most of them use the same manufacturing techniques as the originals.
Please, dont even start bashing another RCU member. sheograth has HAD RCs of all kinds, CLONES and the REAL DEAL. Dont go accusing him as a seller of a specific name brand or brands.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:07 AM
victory-rc

WOW..CASH BACK LIVE WORKS.... I just signed up and searched for a baja ss....and when the results came i clicked on ebay...there were the ebay listings and it said i can get %30 off ($200 maxx) ....now thats a good deal. and good info.....friday i will "push the button" ..for $618....and maybe get $50 back from HPI.

Thank you much !...
Old 12-02-2008, 10:29 AM
cherokee_140

All I am saying it you can't say anything unless you...yourself have first hand experence with both products...and this goes for any product. How can you give details on construction on anything if you have only seen pictures of it. You can read reviews from people that have owned a product and make a decision from that, but to read comments from people that have never touched the product (any product) is just a waste of time. The internet is full of crack pots that spew out rubbish that they know nothing about. But they always seem to have had a "friend" that had the product and they had nothing but trouble with it.

The funny thing is that I remember all this same talk when Japanese cars and motorcycles first came to the US. We drove american sedans, british sports car and british bikes....look at the world now. China is the new Japan. China has more experence with plastics then just about everyone else on the face of the earth....everything plastic is made in china, and I would be suprised if the HPI parts are not sourced from main land china....everything else is.

People that make blanket statements about things they have no fisthand knowlage of are just full of ignorance. Just like the people that bad mouth american cars, because they had a new 77 Delta 88 that was pure junk, and have never had one after that. Times change and quality issues also change...it is the people that run around and make blanket statements on things they know nothing about are full of "bull sh*t!"

To the original poster, do your research, read everything you can everywhere you can, Read the problems on all types of cars, then make your choice and pay your money.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:20 PM
lords

hey now, a 77 Delta 88 was a very nice boat ride...lol poor mans caddy
Old 12-02-2008, 03:00 PM
rearviewmirror

WOW..CASH BACK LIVE WORKS.... I just signed up and searched for a baja ss....and when the results came i clicked on ebay...there were the ebay listings and it said i can get %30 off ($200 maxx) ....now thats a good deal. and good info.....friday i will "push the button" ..for $618....and maybe get $50 back from HPI.

Thank you much !...
That's what I did.. Got it for $600 in the end.. For some reason I got instant cash back from them too, it credited my paypal account instantly. I bought a Mugen MBX-6 today too, same thing, instantly credited my account.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:11 PM
x Wild Bill x

Wow you got lucky with the instant cash back, unfortunately I don't have the money to spend on one yet, but you can use Cash Back up to 12 times, so you can also get 30% off of your radio, servo and reciever batt. and other parts and I think if you get them all at once it will only count as one purchase, not sure.

I'm glad to know it worked for everyone though!

WELCOME!
~Bill
Old 12-02-2008, 04:16 PM
lords

ORIGINAL: x Wild Bill x

Wow you got lucky with the instant cash back, unfortunately I don't have the money to spend on one yet, but you can use Cash Back up to 12 times, so you can also get 30% off of your radio, servo and reciever batt. and other parts and I think if you get them all at once it will only count as one purchase, not sure.

I'm glad to know it worked for everyone though!

WELCOME!
~Bill
unless HPI has the 5% to add to it the cashback is 25% off that I have seen... the bigger the $$ the more of a cashback
I am glad to hear that but I do think that this topic did drift off a lot
unless we want to compare cashback's and who's buying what which I think has nothing to do with talking or comparing Clones or the real deal...I would say I am well within the box and would like to see more pic's of clones and what you can do with them
and if you call this bashing,your crazy whats the topic title?

Old 12-02-2008, 04:28 PM
574kman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

large scale cars built by the "better companies" (mcd,fg,hpi) are made of far better materials the grade of aluminum is alao very different (softer sometime cast instead of billet) not to mention the support. im not saying that the cars made by km,fs,or even smartech, arent good cars but the old phrase "you get what you paid for" rings louder in large scale than any other class of rc get the car you can get and upgrade it as you see fit just drive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.