Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Traxxas 1/6 offroad buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Johnnysplits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas 1/6 offroad buggy

Hey, just wondering if anyone owns one of these and what do they think of it? Thanks!!
Old 01-15-2008, 03:37 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Traxxas 1/6 offroad buggy

I have one, it's fun, much nicer than nitro, fast and powerful, no maintenence is a plus... parts are hard to find (only traxxas carries them). it's a 15 year old design, and isn't the nicest thing out there (not to mention it's technically discontinued), but it's fun to play with...
Old 01-15-2008, 03:41 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

If you can get a deal ($400 or less) on a used one then it could be fun to tinker with.

You'd probably be better off getting an FG, Firehammer or Baja because of parts, forum support, etc. There were some good deals on used Firehammers over in the RCU classifieds.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:05 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Johnnysplits

Hey, just wondering if anyone owns one of these and what do they think of it? Thanks!!
I have one, best part of it is the Zenoah engine. I haven't ran it in over a year since I got a HPI Baja.
It's not good for jumping, pretty much flat surface running only. It's kind of ugly looking.
It doesn't have gear issues or motor mount issue's like FG's though.
I'd honestly put the money towards something else than buy one.
Parts support is excellent for it other than the fact you can only obtain parts off Traxxas, besides that
the support is great.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Johnnysplits

Thanks for the input guys. Too bad it doesnt jump good. I kinda liked the look of it though....reminds me of my old rc10 that I used to race. I thought this buggy would handle well because of such a wide wheel track. But, it does have a short wheelbase which would make it suck on jumps. I did find it new for $600. A good price. Also, the buggy from Hobbypro, which is the Duratrax Firehammer, is also $600. Damn....decisions decisions hmmm
Old 01-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Slammed

anybody have pics or a vid??
Old 01-22-2008, 08:04 PM
BobbyLund

I found being in australia, and probably the only one in australia that owns a Traxxax 1/6 monster buggy, to find a hobby store here that will import the parts is more then extremely impossible, anyway i've found that some parts you can souce, such as bearings these you can use skateboard bearings and this is a good idea because you can replace the old bearings with higher grade ones, bushes are a another one you can replace by out sourcing, but i reakon your best of taking certain high wearing or easily damage parts to a engineering place and having them build you a new one of higher quality, this might cost in the short run but will be worth it in the long run, and next time your *****in about source parts from your own county, think about the poor *******s who have to try to import this gear without any help from their hobbystores.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:13 PM
BobbyLund

that was a general reply to the whole discussion, and to noone in particular, and geez the censorship is stong on here i only used a couple of B words and i get **** (censored). itchin and astards.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Johnnysplits

Hey Bobby, thanks for the info. Yeah, if you can get parts from traxxas only, then it's not worth it. I think im going to get the buggy from hobbypro. It's identical to the duratrax firehammer, which is a knockoff of the fg marder. All the fg parts will fit if something breaks. For $600 RTR i'll try it. I already have the hobbypro ford gt onroad and so far it's been good. Came with poor tires but thats ok.