Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

T.S carbon fibre reed petals

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 02:00 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T.S carbon fibre reed petals

just wondering how long do these last ? replacements cost 38dollars each and you need 2 , should i buy them incase i need spares ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33371.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	853229  
Old 01-17-2008, 05:57 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: T.S carbon fibre reed petals

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

just wondering how long do these last ? replacements cost 38dollars each and you need 2 , should i buy them incase i need spares ?
Nobody can really answer that, they claim change them yearly in a dirt bike, racers change them more often. Reeds can warp and become useless, depends on the quality of them actually. I can't believe they want $38 for replacements that are that tiny, mine are at least 3 times that size and $30...check and see if smaller bike reeds will fit that thing, yz80 reeds are $10
Old 01-17-2008, 08:16 PM
splcrazy

i told DDM and he said i shouldnt have to replace them at all ??? and yeah its 38bux EACH for those thin plastic square carbon fibre thingys lol
Old 01-18-2008, 03:54 PM
ryan@ddm

We have sold many, many TS cylinder and case reed systems, and only a handful of replacement reed petals. They last a long time.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:56 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ryan@ddm

We have sold many, many TS cylinder and case reed systems, and only a handful of replacement reed petals. They last a long time.
Reeds loose their flexability and do need replacing, it's just when does it occur? How can you predict it with a engine thats new on the market? Specially turning high rpms, I know plane engines last many years without reed replacement but they also run half the rpm, so who really knows?
Old 01-18-2008, 09:14 PM
ryan@ddm

ORIGINAL: badz
Reeds loose their flexability and do need replacing, it's just when does it occur? How can you predict it with a engine thats new on the market? Specially turning high rpms, I know plane engines last many years without reed replacement but they also run half the rpm, so who really knows?
Of course they need replacing, depending on use.

As to the "new on the market" issue, you have been misinformed. DDM has been selling TS reed crankcases and cylinder reeds for more than four years now.