Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG Pro / ST shell?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:48 PM
tizdaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG Pro / ST shell?

hi all

i asked this many moons ago but no one had tried so im hoping somehwere over the few years someone might have tried!

...I have a MB Pro ...however ive always like Stadium trucks, & when FG released the ST shell i wanted one! but heres my question:

From research I heard that im unable to put the ST shell on my MB Pro unless i also change the tires, however i want to keep the bigfoot tires, the problem is the ST shell is wider than the MB shell & it will rub on the front... but like i say afaik no one has tried this yet so its not 100% certain that it will rub? I did contact FG about it & they did say it *might* rub..but even they couldnt put 100% on it

Has anyone tried this & if so how much (if any) did u need to trim off the ST shell? or did you have to do any other mods (i know new body posts will be needed) ...any info on this much appreciated cuz i really want to try it. ST shell with bigfoot tires will look the dogs danglys! ...not to mention stability with the ST shell will be much better with it being alot lower.

ty in advance guys.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:43 AM
TIM MT

Default RE: FG Pro / ST shell?

I have stadium mounts on my Jeep MT and had to cut the body this much for clearance.

Different I know but may help. You could just change body mounts...???
Old 01-19-2008, 01:00 AM
Bratch96

I think you will have to trim the stadium body.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:12 AM
tizdaz

thx guys, was thinking of just changing the mounts but i have a feeling it will sit too high for my liking then, i want to get it as low as possible so i think theres no way around it then to get the ol dremmel out :s ...if shells werent so expensive id have tried already but almsot £100 for a shell... it's a big risk
Old 01-19-2008, 07:41 AM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

i had one and try'd but i personally didnt want to cut it up and yes i had to make custom lenght mounts as well , i soldit too buggzy99 and he ended up cutting it too fit , check in the search area for some of his videos he made some with it mounted on it

Old 01-19-2008, 07:43 AM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

also that was when it was a monster beetle stretched to the lenght of a leopard so it appears longer as well but gives you a idea anyways
Old 01-19-2008, 05:35 PM
tizdaz

ahhh cheers cyclops, will do a search, ty m8 :-)