Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Any helpful hints from Sportline Owners

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Any helpful hints from Sportline Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 02:10 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any helpful hints from Sportline Owners

Hello eveyone, Ive been around a while but I usually hang out in the "nitro onroad" section. I also own an HPI Baja with a few mods. 30.5 full Mod ESP, RR speed steel gears and jetpro side pipe. I love this thing to death but I thought I'd give another 5th scale a try so I ordered an FG Sportline long chassis. I'd just like to hear from any owners or any one that knows about this car the pros/cons or anything that I must know about it and how I can possibly make it better. Im into speed and just straight out top end, so if anyone can recommend a motor pipe combo or any other help full hints, this would be appreciated. And like I love to say, money is only and object when it comes to the wife.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Skyline15

Default RE: Any helpful hints from Sportline Owners

get :
Fg big power reso( 7403)
2 speed
fg hydraulic brakes
good air box
and the sportsline should be a rocket
here are tuning parts :
http://www.pitstop-shop.nl/
They have got tuned engines too
Old 01-20-2008, 11:46 PM
FGjunkie

Hey man whats up ... I see you are in the need for speed. Well I have the Sportline 04 as well and I recently picked up a Tuned pipe from these guys.

http://www.pro5thscale.com/tuned_exhaust

They have all top of the line high performance parts and engines. I think that will be my next move once I have a little money saved is an engine and then I am set.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:18 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what dey do man i see u got someone to run wit now.........yo of the bat 4real order urself the sway bars because i know when u going to do and ur going to need it, (i know i do) also the rear diff sucks i threw in a HPI RS4 sping inside the diff to lock it up alittle becuase mine would unload like hell

when r u guys geting the FG order in??? i ordered from george a set of fiber disk rotors for my FG front and back one of my front metal ones warped from the heat and now drag agaisnt the caliber and the rear fiber one looks like it cought fire or something the dam thing is roasted

get the front disk brake set for ur FG the stock one rear rotor thing sucks BIG TIME
Old 01-21-2008, 02:27 AM
fguniverse

I think these pipes are great for increased performance.
The one shown is chome,the all black version is about $100 less.

Here is the link:

http://www.fguniverse.com/Big-Power-...ipe-p/7405.htm
Old 01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Finest, Im not sure when the parts are coming in but I know the car came in and a few 2 speeds. I ordered that car about 2 months ago and it just came in, so I dont know how long it will take your parts to get here.

FGuniverse, i was looking at that pipe but I had to get some feedback before I bought. I dont need the chrome, so I guess i'll be saving the 100 bucks. Thanks