Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Converting MY FG SPORTSLINE From Long Chassis To Wide Chassis

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Converting MY FG SPORTSLINE From Long Chassis To Wide Chassis

Old 01-21-2008, 01:13 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Converting MY FG SPORTSLINE From Long Chassis To Wide Chassis

well like the questions states but what will i need to convert my sportsline from the long chassis to the wide chassis, from what i see the wide chassis is the same length as the LONG chassis but from what ive read its wider i wanna run this body on my FG sportsline since i wanna make some serosue speed but all the bodies look pretty much like parachute this is the body i wanna get

any insite guys???
Old 01-21-2008, 07:41 AM
vtl1180ny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Converting MY FG SPORTSLINE From Long Chassis To Wide Chassis

You're going to need the longer side body posts and longer wheel hexes to push the wheels out more. I know they also make offset rims to make the track wider...
Old 01-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That body is stupendous, its the main reason I want an on-roader, but I'm waiting for a 4wd that can take that body, as I won't be racing and for bashing on even slightly dusty ground, the RWD makes them VERY skittish.

Finest, have you seen the Porsche GT1 body? That's the best looking body in the entire hobby in my personal opinion, and by a long long way, there's no other to touch it. Absolutely stunning.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:21 AM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: vtl1180ny

You're going to need the longer side body posts and longer wheel hexes to push the wheels out more. I know they also make offset rims to make the track wider...

you think u could hook it up with some links??
Old 01-21-2008, 11:43 AM
htawfik3

Unfortunately FG don’t have narrower and wide chassis they have short , medium and long chassis according to the scale model, you can wide the track as vtl1180ny mentioned.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:29 PM
vtl1180ny

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: vtl1180ny

you think u could hook it up with some links??

If I have my nose in the FG catalog before someone else does, I'll try.... Just don't have the time to sift through the catalog looking for part #'s right now...
Old 01-21-2008, 03:41 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: foxy42

That body is stupendous, its the main reason I want an on-roader, but I'm waiting for a 4wd that can take that body, as I won't be racing and for bashing on even slightly dusty ground, the RWD makes them VERY skittish.

Finest, have you seen the Porsche GT1 body? That's the best looking body in the entire hobby in my personal opinion, and by a long long way, there's no other to touch it. Absolutely stunning.

No i havent seen it but i bet it looks nice got a pic u could post here?? i liked the benz body for the fact of the bucket lights and the fact it looks like a spaceship

the RWD sportline arent that bad at all like u i too like cars that handle well this thing is pretty good it was better when it was slower but now im doing 61 MPH with it under the radar gun and im lacking some serouse down force not its litterally all over the place this is the main reson i wanan get this body PLUS the fact i wanna make my FG faster than what it is right now anyways

about the 4WD i know a guess with my same sportsline at the spot we hang out i talked to him last week and he tolled me he ordered the 4WD onroad (i dont know who makes it) once i see it ill take some pics and well compare both cars ill let u know what i think but the RWD sportslien isnt that bad at all
Old 01-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MCD makes the 4wd on roader, it's simply called the MCD Rally. I really want one, but funds dictate I spend a few bucks on the cars I have first, then maybe later in the year I can think about one of those. I'd be happy with a Mitsi Evo body (can get one on the car), but I'd really like to use axle extenders etc, to get this body to fit. They're the same wheelbase (535), just the GT cars need wider offsets and body mounts. And I don't know if the MCDs rollcage will get in the way, or if I can safely remove it. Something I'm gonna be looking into that's for sure.

Porsche GT-1. http://www.fgmodellsport.de/FG-Inter...schegt1_e.html
Old 01-21-2008, 04:26 PM
vtl1180ny

The MCD drivetrain looks very limited when it comes to gearing... Plus they use different wheels than the standard square hubs on the 2wd cars... I was considering one as an all out speed and parking lot basher but changed my mind when I really took a good look at the car...
Old 01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
MiamizFinest

Well ill be seeing it next week sunday and i know the guy is a all out speed kinda person so ill let u know what it can do

FOXY ive seen that body and it looks BADD ASS the front of the car really isnt much to brag about but the rear of the car is one nice looking body the only 2 downsides i saw to the body was the fact id be scared to blow off those rear mirrors and the fact it doesnt have bucket lights when i get my body i plan on makeing a bad ass lgiht kit for it and i think it would look great with the bucket lights

im not a big fan at all stickers and decals so the benz body id get id jsut paint it simple white with some tinted windows,black wheels, and a black wing it will look real clean

also i really liked the older look of the benz body it doesnt look modern at all it looks liek something from the 80's

i too em considering geting another 5th scale MIAMI JATO picked up that FG baja and to tell u the truth the dam thing looks awsome that might be my next toy UNLESS i can find a place to make me custom pullies for the belt drive FG F1 if i could find a way to make the F1 go way faster id buy it in a heart beat
Old 01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Vette09

It's not difficult to turn your standard sportline to a wide version. The chassis stays the same, the only things different are the arms and driveshafts. The GT1 cars have longer suspension arms front and rear, and along with them you need wider dogbones or ball drive axles, whichever you have. Not hard to do, but you will have to research which parts you need and find someplace that has them in stock.