Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Baja 5B Axle Entenders

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:39 AM
yoiforgot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja 5B Axle Entenders

Hello Everyone, quick question about the DarkSoul Proline Wheel Adapter Set for the Baja 5B. Does anyone have em? IF so...

Do these wheel adapters increase the width stance (compared to stock stance)? Meaning, do the long axles widen the stance of the Baja 5B?? If so, by how much exactly?

Thanks,

Old 01-21-2008, 04:52 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Baja 5B Axle Entenders

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1768.html - Darksoul rear only

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1440.html - Darksoul front and rear set

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product2035.html - Vertigo front and rear set

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1625.html - Vertigo rear only

The darksoul parts include comparative photos, the vertigo's don't, but they state a 16mm extension. From the photos of the Darksoul parts, I would guess that the vertigos extend a little bit more. The Darksoul shots look like about a 10-12mm difference, but since it's not stated, I'm just guessing.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

I've got the Vertigo ones, looking at the rear now and it looks like the same offset as the photo's of the Darksoul extenders.

Both appear to be great packages, i love my VP ones really nice lightweight design and i like the way my orange SS wheelnuts look with the anodised grey/titanium colour in the centre (purple & grey also look very cool). I also really like the HPI nuts as their serated on the back. I don't know if the DS nuts are or if you can opt to use your HPI nuts with the DS hex hubs (same thread?) VP's also have the the ability to quickly switch between stock and offset for the front, which will allow you to quickly taylor your vehicle to different conditions, basically on track or street it can be preferable to run stock offset on the front as it will reduce the turning circle. The DS set will be fulltime extended which if your just after high speed cornering stability and want to rip across lots of rough ground may suit you just fine and there's less parts involved and less chance of loosing anything.

Style wise you may want an all black setup, it can look very cool depending on your colour scheme, i went with a black tyre/rim/nut combo on one of my other rc's and really liked the outcome: CLICK!

Pro's and conns can be argued all day but with these, from what I hear, both work flawlessly so there's no danger of buying the wrong set, just go with which ever you like the look of.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:56 AM
fourwheeler

ORIGINAL: yoiforgot

Hello Everyone, quick question about the DarkSoul Proline Wheel Adapter Set for the Baja 5B. Does anyone have em? IF so...

Do these wheel adapters increase the width stance (compared to stock stance)? Meaning, do the long axles widen the stance of the Baja 5B?? If so, by how much exactly?

Thanks,

Did you guys miss this? /\ I wasn't aware VP made a set to use with Pro Line 40 series wheels.

I have a set of the CNR adapters for use with the Pro Line wheels and it substantially incresed the width of the Baja. I do not have the DS set so I can't answer the question about them.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: fourwheeler

Did you guys miss this?
Um, yes? [sm=72_72.gif][sm=red_smile.gif][sm=47_47.gif]

Sorry yoiforgot. No idea about the proline ones.[sm=red_smile.gif]

BUT, if you want to run proline badlands for example, you don't need adapters, Proline have made a set of tires for HPI stock beadlocks.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

didn't think there were proline adapters, you talking about 23mm proline hex yoi? You really wouldn't want to run 1/8mt wheels & tyres on a 25lb Baja.

edit: ah your talking about these: http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1671.html

i still dunno, the rims might hold up but prolines 1/8 compound is really soft i'd expect some major ballonage and the required offset looks scary.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:54 AM
fourwheeler

When I used the 23mm pro lines I didn't have issues with the wheels but as stated the tires were really thin. Plus it made the Baja look funky it was so wide in the back.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:56 AM
yoiforgot

hmm...your right, the offset does look a little scary, but it states on the website:

"The axles are long, but are built extra beefy from 6061 aluminum to take the abuse"

I really want that "wide stance" look...I can't stand an anorexic Baja SS...lol...

For now, I will run stock tires until I wear them out...then later I'll have the option to purchase any set of 23mm Proline wheels and tires...

Thanks buddy...

Old 01-21-2008, 07:57 AM
yoiforgot

Yeahp, your right...I just noticed that on DDM's website...

Are they any good? Are they larger than stock or same size in diameter?

Old 01-21-2008, 07:58 AM
yoiforgot

That's exactly what I'm looking for...a wider stance...I guess I have a winner!

Old 01-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

ya its more the strain on the bearings and plastic axle carriers that would concern me, but i haven't run these particular extenders so can't comment from any experience with that actual product. Just on 1/8 nitro's plastic axle carriers and super offset extenders caused lots of stress breakages.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:14 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

I also have the VP's front and rear axle entender I think they are great....I also have the 23mm adapters on my Firehammer and they were [:'(] I do not know if those are avail for the baja??? but the tires I had on the Firehammer were these

Old 01-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

was it the adaptors themselves that were the problem or using those wheels & tyres?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:26 AM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: Lunar Wolf

was it the adaptors themselves that were the problem or using those wheels & tyres?
Both, the adapters never stayed tight and the proline tires could not handle the power of engine, they would last about 20 mins I ended up getting rid of the adapters and the rims......Now I have the HPI axle setup on my Firehammer and could not be happier
Old 01-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

Didn't know the HPI axles even fit the firehammer, learn somnething new every day.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:42 AM
yoiforgot

hmm...I think I will purchase the rear-extenders only from either DS or Vertigo...

I just realized I dont care too much about Pro-Line tires...I'll just stick with HPI and the new Proline Baldlands...

Thanks for all your help guys!

Ben
Old 01-21-2008, 09:43 AM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: Lunar Wolf

Didn't know the HPI axles even fit the firehammer, learn somnething new every day.

They don't, I modified them to fit the Firehammer...There is a thread here on this and also on our forum
Old 01-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Foxy

hmm...I think I will purchase the rear-extenders only from either DS or Vertigo...

I just realized I dont care too much about Pro-Line tires...I'll just stick with HPI and the new Proline Baldlands...

Ben
The right decision in my opinion. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

ORIGINAL: foxy42

Ben
The right decision in my opinion. [sm=thumbup.gif]
x2
Old 01-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Foxy

Yoiforgot, since you've decided, and the same topic is being discussed in your other thread, I'm locking this one, just to save from having two threads running on the same topic. Locked.