Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

oversize rc .com

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:52 PM
bajamaniac69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oversize rc .com

Hello

Quick question do your vehicles that are rtr come with a failsafe????

Just wondering

Thanks
Old 01-28-2008, 03:56 PM
tizdaz

Default RE: oversize rc .com

dpends what radio gear etc as some failsafes are built into the radio gear but u can get seperate failesafes which costs less then £10 which apply full brakes
Old 01-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

email your question to "[email protected]" , that's what I did, got an answer the same day. I'm planning on picking up one of their (the FS) cars myself, gotta see what it's like, as it's so cheap. I wouldn't expect a built in failsafe to be honest, what do you want for 1/3rd of the price of a similar model??
Old 01-28-2008, 08:35 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Foxy, I ordered one of the 4x4 FS touring cars, curious to see how it turns out
Old 01-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Cal-Torque

I hope to have the MT this week. I'll let you know.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:17 PM
mradlin

ORIGINAL: Cal-Torque

I hope to have the MT this week. I'll let you know.
What the heck are you getting now Kent?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Cal-Torque

MCD knock-off...
Old 01-31-2008, 04:43 AM
Foxy

[rant]

MCD fully deserve it, charging those OUTRAGEOUS prices, I hope this is a wake up call for them. I for one will be buying an FS touring car as soon as budget allows (got some bits to buy for my existing cars first). Of course I'd rather have the MCD, but for what they are charging, they can forget it. Time they realised 4wd isn't a license to rob consumers.

I will continue to rant about MCDs prices in every thread that warrants it, until they come down to a reasonable level. I know they're great cars...but seriously... they're just as 'plasticky' as stock FGs, stock Bajas. The only thing that remotely warrants the higher price is the 4wd. At least for the prices they charge, a few alloy options, or even a sodding ENGINE could be included. As you can see, it makes my blood boil.

[/end rant]
Old 01-31-2008, 05:28 AM
hellya

ORIGINAL: foxy42

[rant]

MCD fully deserve it, charging those OUTRAGEOUS prices, I hope this is a wake up call for them. I for one will be buying an FS touring car as soon as budget allows (got some bits to buy for my existing cars first). Of course I'd rather have the MCD, but for what they are charging, they can forget it. Time they realised 4wd isn't a license to rob consumers.

I will continue to rant about MCDs prices in every thread that warrants it, until they come down to a reasonable level. I know they're great cars...but seriously... they're just as 'plasticky' as stock FGs, stock Bajas. The only thing that remotely warrants the higher price is the 4wd. At least for the prices they charge, a few alloy options, or even a sodding ENGINE could be included. As you can see, it makes my blood boil.

[/end rant]
HAHA I agree $1500 for a rolling 4x4 chassis ......what a joke[sm=punching.gif] surprized they include the rims and tires

And look here is the MCD clone buggy and truck with a 30cc engine $880 US almost half the cost and it has a engine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94819.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	865967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13827.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	865968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99719.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	865969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11284.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	865970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81850.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	865971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33437.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	865972  
Old 01-31-2008, 05:42 AM
Foxy

Yup, and the clones even come with a couple of things the MCDs don't. The gear protector for example, and something else I can't remember right now.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:46 AM
hellya

ORIGINAL: foxy42

Yup, and the clones even come with a couple of things the MCDs don't. The gear protector for example, and something else I can't remember right now.
$890 for a RTR 4X4 buggy or Truck plus ship isnt bad.... show me any place that has a 1/5 4X4 for less than $1300

gear cover, adjustable alloy shocks, tires glued to rims

(Ebay special edition comes , with a chrome tuned pipe seen below)

1 X RTR 4WD 1/5 SCALE MONSTER TRUCK
1 X 2 CHANNEL RADIO CONTROLLER
1 X PREPAINTED BODY SHELL
1 X USERS MANUAL AND SPARK PLUG TOOL
1 X SPARE CLUTCH AND BRAKE SET
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64555.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	865973  
Old 01-31-2008, 07:12 PM
mradlin

MCD knock-off...
Let me know when you get it, I want to take a look!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Cal-Torque

ORIGINAL: mradlin

MCD knock-off...
Let me know when you get it, I want to take a look!
You bet. I got the one in the pic above. It's taking a while to ship though...
Old 01-31-2008, 10:13 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool man, get us some vid of it running, there isnt much out there yet.. i hope you like it!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:37 PM
sheograth

I'll be sure to provide you all with some data too.... but I'm definitely replacing the radio before I even run it.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:39 AM
Foxy

When you expecting it?
Old 02-01-2008, 04:38 AM
hellya

their ebay adds states you can purchase now but no vehicles wiil be shipped until after Feb. 14 owners on a vacation
Old 02-01-2008, 06:41 AM
Foxy

Yup, manufacturers and couriers on holiday in china, chinese spring and new year.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:34 PM
sheograth

I placed my order before they went on vacation, but I don't know if it went out yet. If EMS already got their hands on it I may have it before the 14th otherwise it'll be towards the end of this month probably. Either way I dont mind, free shipping on something that large from overseas is nice
Old 02-01-2008, 03:57 PM
hellya

Free shipping??? thats a good deal....they must have a nice profit margin to give free shipping normallly $100-150 From Aussy
Old 02-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Foxy

They must have some deal going on with the courier, I was offered free shipping to Greece as well. But yeh, I guess their margin allows for it. Imagine!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:49 PM
browley

I talk to a few MCD owners and asked if there MCD's were overpriced. They basicly said they paid way to much. []
Old 02-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Foxy

No doubt. For the price of their plastic roller you can get an aluminum touring car. Here's some genuine entertainment for you... courtesy of my reply on their youtube vid for the Baja 1000. Wonder why I can't post comments any more? loooooool Note the bold highlight at the bottom.

foxy4242 (2 days ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
How do you justify charging so much more than other higher quality models, like FG and HPI? The cars are all plastic, plastic arms, plastic engine mounts, NO ENGINE. And $1500? For a rolling chassis? $2200 for RTR? You've got to be joking. Hopefully the clones will convince you to bring the price down. I have FG Monster, HPI Baja 5b, and I want MCD Rally, but for that price you can forget it. Anybody interested, go check <edited>. 4wd drive isn't a license to fleece people.

turbomodel (1 day ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
foxy4242,You'r in feeling of hunger and nervous depression, visit to your nearest industrial psychologist as soon as possible recommendable.

ABOUT MCD Racing
We are an engineering and designing company. At the start of 1990, we have focused our know-how in the automotive performance sector towards RC car design. After 3 years of planning and R&D we have created a prototype. After a long test period we have turned our company investments and energy in the preparation of a serial production environment and as a result Active 4wd was produced by MCD ; Our development and improvement efforts are going on...

ABOUT MCD Racing
Our company´s principle is to design and produce high quality products.
Our goal is to provide the customers with well designed and durable products instead of glossy and featureless designs. We are aware that there are many cheap and inefficient products on the market which require many additions just to bring them to a standard level and we think that this approach is a money-trap which falls way apart from honesty.

ABOUT MCD Racing
We prefer to design products which seem to be less price-competitive due to their seemingly high price, but whose difference could be recognized by selective users.

Who... Plastic experts? Don't get me wrong MCD owners, I know it's a good car, I'm just moaning about the crazy price. They would only have to throw in a Zen 26cc engine and an alloy engine mount, or reduce the price of the roller by about $500 and I'd buy one tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:33 PM
hellya

MCDs are manufactured in turkey......I think there plastic is silver lined

Even FG will tell ya the cost per item to manufacturer in bulk is $200-250 they have their profit margin...150-200%
They sell it to the US dealer who has his profit margin and sets the selling price for website sales We the consumer have to deal with 2-3 mark ups before we buy the vehicles.

We are an engineering and designing company. At the start of 1990, we have focused our know-how in the automotive performance sector towards RC car design. After 3 years of planning and R&D we have created a prototype. After a long test period we have turned our company investments and energy in the preparation of a serial production environment and as a result Active 4wd was produced by MCD ; Our development and improvement efforts are going on

MCD has been in business for a long time they have recooped the RD cost many mooons ago
Old 02-02-2008, 06:33 PM
browley

I've read were some FS owners say the material Quality of FS parts are very VERY good.

My Question is then how much better is a MCD truck over a FS Truck or buggy ? ? ? ? ?

Remember you can get 2 FS trucks ( free shipping ) with a 30cc engine for 1 rolling chassis MCD truck ( NO ENGINE OR RADIO ) [&:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.