Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

head gasket repair help...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:10 PM
thesharkfactor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head gasket repair help...

i got to the bottom of my over revving problem...

head gasket?

what do i need to do the job? i might as well do other gaskets and whatever else at the same time....but what else..?

what should i order?

thanks

Old 01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
wan6176

Default RE: head gasket repair help...

actually i dun no wat ur trying to say? i catch no ball bro...that gasket shown on the pic is due to over tighten of the srew,or it doesnt sit in its place n u start to srcrew or u been using over n over again the gasket.remove the whole block scrap the old stick gasket n replace wif new ones..dun forget to put gasket glue
Old 01-28-2008, 06:15 PM
DarkSoul Racing

I would replace the paper head gasket with a copper gasket of the same thickness. Preferably see if you can find a copper gasket that has been annealed, they seal much better. Also since you blew that one out, inspect the piston and cylinder for any scoring, having a huge leak like that will create a lean state, and possibly damage the motor.

The other gaskets will probably be fine, but you may want to order in a spare base (head) gasket, and a complete engine gasket kit just to have on hand.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

personally I'd go to an auto parts store, get a roll of gasket material and cut my own gasket, it's easy enough. you should be able to just unbolt the jug and pull it off, make a gasket, then put it all back together.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:45 PM
thesharkfactor

thanks