Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fs racing 4wd?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 01:46 AM
ck_chino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fs racing 4wd?

thanks alot bentley
but i was also wondering what my car was originally? can you tell by the shape of the chassis?
how am i able to tell what it was orgianlly
because i am the second owner of this vehicle and i am not sure what mods have been done to this vehicle prior to me
Old 02-07-2009, 02:46 AM
FS*MT*4WD

get us a photo of her and we can see what it is,
Old 02-07-2009, 03:10 AM
bentley marshall

ORIGINAL: ck_chino

thanks alot bentley
but i was also wondering what my car was originally? can you tell by the shape of the chassis?
how am i able to tell what it was orgianlly
because i am the second owner of this vehicle and i am not sure what mods have been done to this vehicle prior to me
i think the buggies were the only one that came with a single servo hole in the servo tray

but the only thing changed between the three was the gearing ,wheels ,shock towers and shocks
Old 02-07-2009, 09:02 AM
ck_chino

well mine came with the mcd servo tray installed and i have the two 5745 installed in them, but reading previous post especially the one from ashphalt cowboy i see that his carbon fighter has sorta "a" frame shape at the front and his servo tray is much more narrower than mine. for example if i installed my servo tray on his it would prob overhang on his, thats why i ask the question of the chassis, no pics yet i will get them up when my servo tray is finished

also comparing the fs vehicles to the mcd ones.....are the fs vehicles based off of the evo 2???? cuz i see the evo 3 has different diff cases and different mount for the lower arms, they mount them off the diff cases while ours are mounted on the chassis. anyone clarify this for me?
Old 02-07-2009, 12:53 PM
asphaltcowboy

@ ck_chino :

FS MCD Clones are from a 2005/2006 first MCD Race Runner
MCD alloy diffhouses of the EVO3 Race Runner looks like this ...
See Pictures ...
Greetings Maik
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98883.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1129507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16847.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1129508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21640.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	1129509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40511.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1129510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb88000.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	1129511  
Old 02-08-2009, 10:02 AM
kenazzo2000

hi i need an fs 4wd on road servo GWS S666 FET/STD can any one tell me were i can buy one from ? thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 02:19 PM
lbsickboy

hi kenazzo2000

why do you need the servo its not the best servo going if you read from the first page here on this thread you will find all the info you need about these cars or you can pay a visit to the http://fsracing4wd.proboards.com/index.cgi
its only for fs racing we believe if we build it they will come
ps get your self some hitch servos 5745MG
that should get you on your way hope that hepls you
Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 AM
kenazzo2000

will the 5745MG fit in the same holes if yes there better for sure thankyou
Old 02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
lbsickboy

hi i remember they don't i had to make a sort of C plate for them but now i don't have to as i have the mcd alloy servo tray and body posts

hey just curious but who long have you had these gws servos in your car then ?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:35 AM
kenazzo2000

ORIGINAL: lbsickboy

hi i remember they don't i had to make a sort of C plate for them but now i don't have to as i have the mcd alloy servo tray and body posts

hey just curious but who long have you had these gws servos in your car then ?
no it was a good servo but the wires were passed near the shaft got cut and shorted the servo
Old 02-09-2009, 11:58 AM
daleinfl

I am in the same vote here, my steering servo gears went out (my fault for hitting a rock very hard) and went to my local hobby shop but the large scale servo will not fit into this tray. So I will have to buy a FS one or do some mods to make the HiTec servo fit. Not sure what I will do just yet but untill I get this fixed I am down for now.
Will the MCD tray fit the FS or do we have to make mod to have that tray fit?

Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 12:10 PM
lbsickboy

hi all well Ive done three alloy servo trays from mcd and i would be lying if i said they fit like a glove not true
the only thing i had to do tho is elongate a few holes but that's not to bad i have no problems at all

visit here http://fsracing4wd.proboards.com/index.cgi
Old 02-09-2009, 12:28 PM
bigscalebasher

IMEX makes a dual servo kit. the tray that it includes should fit a number of servos. the IMEX servos should be all you need though.

http://www.imexrc.com/servlet/the-13...N-SERVO/Detail
Old 02-09-2009, 01:29 PM
nutechracingusa

Thats just the stock servo tray with GWS servos that have IMEX stickers on them so I dont think Hitecs or Futabas will fit as they are smaller in diameter then the GWS
Old 02-09-2009, 01:31 PM
shea1980

hi everyone,is it worth putting in a 29.5 cy engine into fs mt,or can do something to get more power out of the original one?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:34 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: kenazzo2000

hi i need an fs 4wd on road servo GWS S666 FET/STD can any one tell me were i can buy one from ? thanks
We do sell the stock GWS servos http://www.fsracingusa.com/steeringservo511250.aspx which will drop in the stock servo tray with no issues or you will have to make a smaller servo holder and modify it to your existing servo tray or use the MCD alloy servo tray for Hitecs or Futabas, as stated previously the GWS are not as good as the Hitecs or Futabas but they do get the job done and if your running the stock GWS I do recommend the dual setup for sure .

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
bigscalebasher

ORIGINAL: fsracingusa

Thats just the stock servo tray with GWS servos that have IMEX stickers on them so I dont think Hitecs or Futabas will fit as they are smaller in diameter then the GWS
scott, you must be misinformed.

No. they are not gws servos.
No. it is not the stock servo tray.

imex also carries the gws servos (12kg). but the imex servos are 22 kg.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:36 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: bigscalebasher

ORIGINAL: fsracingusa

scott, you must be misinformed.

No. they are not gws servos.
No. it is not the stock servo tray.

imex also carries the gws servos (12kg). but the imex servos are 22 kg.

Thanks for the heads up, I have heard from a few of there dealers that it was the stock servo tray along with GWS servos but thank you for setting me straight I dont order anything from them but this is what I was told, not sure what brand servos IMEX is but I was told they were GWS.

P.S all the GWS servos that came with our vehicles are the 22kg and our replacement GWS servos from the factory are 22Kg I wasnt aware they had 12Kg servos available from the factory they werent even on our price sheets, at 6v the GWS S666 STD http://www.gws.com.tw/English/produc...avy%20duty.htm 22Kg

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 02-09-2009, 05:48 PM
lbsickboy

yeh lads the imex servos are gws i have seen them myself they exactly the same and the gws do 22 and 12 kg servos ive seen it with my own eyes
Old 02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: lbsickboy

yeh lads the imex servos are gws i have seen them myself they exactly the same and the gws do 22 and 12 kg servos ive seen it with my own eyes
Thanks thats what I thought, I know from the factory I can have my name Scott put on all the electronics and the engine if I wanted to lol [8D] but as far as I know the only 1/5 scale servos the factory has is are the GWS, I had them put what was suppose to be a Futaba 2PH FM transmitter in with all of my vehicles and they told me I would have to wait an extra 6 weeks if I want the Futaba 2PH because they had to have the Futaba factory in Japan manufacture the transmitters for me and ship them to the FS Factory in China so they could put them in our boxes and ship them to us here in the states, which I was cool with the extra wait for a true Futaba transmitter in reality its a clone of the Futaba 2PH from the Futaba factory in Japan because I emailed Futaba a picture of our transitters and they confirmed that they did indeed come from them but yet there is no Futaba sticker on them and they say made in China?

Now my point to this story is simple, even factories like Futaba and Hitec will actually produce a cheap clone of there product and ship to the Chinese factories with what ever name on them they want which was a real surprise to me as I figured big names like Futaba wouldnt want to make a clone of there own product 1/2 the quality and 1/2 the price but I guess it all comes down to the mighty dollar these days. So I guess I wouldnt put it past the GWS factory to do the same thing and put what ever name on them you want as they manufacture them.

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 02-09-2009, 06:19 PM
OZZIE IMEX

HEY LBSICKBOY......I LIKE TO KNOW WHERE YOU SAW THE IMEX SERVOS. WITH YOUR OWN EYES........OZZIE
Old 02-09-2009, 06:29 PM
ck_chino

i will also concur that the mcd servo tray fits, this is the plastic one i am talking about but i would have to say it is cheesy, it flexes too much. i dont think i would bother running the gws servos, pay a little bit more and have apiece of mind with the hitec 5745 or multiplex, you have invested so much into our cars and cant risk having the servo glitch on us.

well anyways i ditched the plastic tray............homemade servo tray is about 75% done just finished drilling and tapping a couple of the post
pics will come soon
cheers
Old 02-09-2009, 06:43 PM
rckiwi

Anyone know what the bore and stroke of the std FS 30cc motor is?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:56 PM
asphaltcowboy

ORIGINAL: shea1980

hi everyone,is it worth putting in a 29.5 cy engine into fs mt,or can do something to get more power out of the original one?
Hi,
a friend tuned his FS engine with a CY crankshaft with 2mm more piston stroke travel and
a few more modifications, so he has now 5,4 PS / max 21.000 RPM measured on a engine test stand.
Yes, a DZY engine isn´t so bad ...

Greetings Maik
Old 02-09-2009, 07:21 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: OZZIE IMEX

HEY LBSICKBOY......I LIKE TO KNOW WHERE YOU SAW THE IMEX SERVOS. WITH YOUR OWN EYES........OZZIE
So there is it from the mouth of IMEX they arent GWS servos and its not a stock servo tray now we know !!!!!

What exactly is the physical size of the IMEX servos ?

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.