Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fs racing 4wd?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 03:07 PM
nutechracingusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fs racing 4wd?

The factory sent us all new pins and gears made of the new harder material which so far they have been holding up great as for the 1/4 scale differentials I have some work to do yet to get them to adapt on the 1/5 scale chassis, I want to get a chassis together to ensure that the differential boxes will work and the drive shafts all line up properly because there will be some new holes to drill in the chassis for the wider differential box but if I can get this to work it you will be able to use the heavy duty hinged lower a arms from the 1/4 along with the 1/4 scale upper a arms, it will also widen the stance of the 1/5 vehicle a good 1" to 1 1/2" the only thing I'm worried about right now is the axle diameter is larger on the 1/4 scale axles then the 1/5 scale which would limit the wheel choices I am hoping the 1/5 scale drive shafts will work on the 1/4 drive cups, I have some work to do but I will keep you guys posted should have some pics up soon just waiting for the factory to send me a few more pieces to the puzzle they don't even have all the replacement parts manufactured yet so I keep getting things in small batches just need a couple small parts yet but I have enough to continue with this project.

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 08-28-2009, 05:25 PM
nutechracingusa

I take that back the axle size is the same as the 1/5 scale so all the 1/5 wheels will work just fine they just made the 1/4 wheel nuts 12mm instead of 10mm but have the same size threads, I took a few shots of where I am at right now things look as if they should work .

This is a picture of the 7 extra holes you need to drill to get the 1/4 diff box to fit, the good thing is the front 4 locating holes are the same so the distance from the front of the differential to the center of the chassis is the same as the 1/5 scales the box is just longer in the back and wider then the 1/5 scale differential boxes I have to counter sink my new holes but they all line up perfect so I will have to make a template to give with the kit when I finish this.

This is a side shot I have the 1/5 diff box mounted up front yet so I can set up 1/5 in the front and 1/4 in the back for some pictures so people can see the wider stance

These 1/4 scales use alot of the same parts as the 1/5 so its makes this alot easier

Hinged lower a arms

Now the 4 front holes 2 locating holes and 2 through holes to hold the front down use the existing holes in the 1/5 scale chassis so there is no difference in space front the front of the differential box to the front of the chassis

Here is with some 1/5 scale wheels on it

This is compared to the actual 1/4 scale as you can see the stance is much wider then the 1/5 scale stock setup, better stability and the 1/4 scale shock are awsome more suspension travel and better compression and rebound

More pics to come soon I have alot of work to do yet but its coming together

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 08-29-2009, 07:18 PM
asphaltcowboy

Scott, thanks a lot for these pictures !

Have you seen that :

[link=http://www.cenracing.com/cars/Matrix5/matrix5.html]CEN MATRIX[/link]

???

I think, FS Racing expands .....

Greetings Maik
Old 08-29-2009, 10:32 PM
nutechracingusa

No I hadnt heard about those guys, it says there a trading company so im not sure where they get the product manufactured certainly possible its coming from the FS Factory but if you look online under alot of the Chinese Trading Compaines tons of them have the FS product listed under a variety of different names and manufactured at several different factories either way this just means more options for parts ect the future definetly looks bright as long as we can keep improving the product which is what we are doing, I am really happy where we are at with the upgrades and working with the factory on simple changes and once I get these 1/4 diffs to convert over we can all use the new style differential and from what I can see guys overseas have already made aluminum differential boxes for the 1/4 [8D]

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 08-29-2009, 10:54 PM
rckiwi

All those internal gears etc look like HPI baja which is good means you could up grade to those which should be stronger!
Old 08-30-2009, 11:26 AM
asphaltcowboy

ORIGINAL: fsracingusa

No I hadnt heard about those guys, it says there a trading company so im not sure where they get the product manufactured certainly possible its coming from the FS Factory but if you look online under alot of the Chinese Trading Compaines tons of them have the FS product listed under a variety of different names and manufactured at several different factories either way this just means more options for parts ect the future definetly looks bright as long as we can keep improving the product which is what we are doing, I am really happy where we are at with the upgrades and working with the factory on simple changes and once I get these 1/4 diffs to convert over we can all use the new style differential and from what I can see guys overseas have already made aluminum differential boxes for the 1/4 [8D]

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA

Scott, have you seen the new upper and lower arms and
the new shocks from the CEN MATRIX 5 from FS Racing ???
Look here, what do you think about it ???
Greetings Maik

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50392.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1265846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35923.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1265847  
Old 09-02-2009, 10:37 AM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: asphaltcowboy

Greetings Maik

I saw that and wasnt quite sure what to make of it, they certainly look strong but I am not sure how much I like the shock being that far off center definetly looks strong though .
Old 09-02-2009, 11:42 AM
bbeverlie

Hey Scott, I guess my question was has the factory improved the diff design or materials used
in the stock 1/5 King Kong 4x4 diff's? I would prefer not to make chasis mods (drilling) if I can avoid it!

Thanks
Bryant
Old 09-02-2009, 12:40 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: bbeverlie

Hey Scott, I guess my question was has the factory improved the diff design or materials used
in the stock 1/5 King Kong 4x4 diff's? I would prefer not to make chasis mods (drilling) if I can avoid it!

Thanks
Bryant
Correct as stated above the factory has changed the material of the pins and gears for the 1/5 scale stock diffs, the 1/4 differential mod is not for everyone once I get a template the average joe shouldnhave any issues doing it but once completed it will be a very worth while upgrade but as stated before yes the factory has changed the material of the pins and gears in the stock 1/5 differentials.

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 09-02-2009, 12:55 PM
bbeverlie

Do you have any of these improved 1/5 diffs for sale on your site? Is there a big differance in
cost to upgrade to the 1/4 diffs?

Thanks
Bryant
Old 09-02-2009, 01:08 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: bbeverlie

Do you have any of these improved 1/5 diffs for sale on your site? Is there a big differance in
cost to upgrade to the 1/4 diffs?

Thanks
Bryant
All the replacement pins, gears complete differentials, 4wd kits ect all have the new material thats on our site we had our parts container arrive a few weeks ago all is of new stock [8D]

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 09-03-2009, 11:17 AM
nutechracingusa

Its coming along pretty good now looks like things should fit for the most part lol I have a fair amount to do yet but I am pleased with the results thus far

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 09-03-2009, 12:53 PM
FS*MT*4WD

woa those shocks look huge compared to the 1/5th, cant wait for this conversion to be availible, scott you are doing great work mate keep it up.. thanks...
Old 09-03-2009, 12:55 PM
dc2 man
Banned

no offence but it looks very feeble...looks like if it got hit by a fly it would crumble.

no offence.just looks that way in the pics........

my honest opinion
Old 09-04-2009, 04:18 PM
nutechracingusa

Greetings Maik

With a little more digging around those upper a arms actually look just like the Nutech upper a arms http://media.photobucket.com/image/n...ceside.jpg?o=2

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 09-05-2009, 02:17 PM
asphaltcowboy

ORIGINAL: fsracingusa

With a little more digging around those upper a arms actually look just like the Nutech upper a arms http://media.photobucket.com/image/n...ceside.jpg?o=2

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Thank you for the link ...
This NUTECH Buggy looks a little bit like a Smartech Buggy or a CARSON GAS DEVIL.
All from the same company in China ?

Greetings Maik
Old 09-07-2009, 06:21 PM
extremeaudi

I want this IMEX Crewcab body, whats the price and where can I purchase one from?

Charlie
Old 09-08-2009, 01:01 PM
nutechracingusa

Thank you for the link ...
This NUTECH Buggy looks a little bit like a Smartech Buggy or a CARSON GAS DEVIL.
All from the same company in China ?

Greetings Maik
Its hard to tell with the Chinese factories these days there are so many trading compaines that get from several different factories but say they make them all lol the only real way to be sure is to fly out there and find the actual factories or order something from them and see where is comes from but from the most part looks like just a hand full of factories are making these 1/5 scale RC.

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 09-08-2009, 05:08 PM
nutechracingusa

Ok here are some more pics of the conversion, I put the 1/4 scale wheels on today as well below is some pictures of the center rear drive shaft which you use the stock 1/5 shaft for that and the rear shaft sets are from the 1/4 scale as they needed to be longer then the 1/5 rear shaft sets because the stance is much wider then the 1/5 scale .

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 09-10-2009, 12:46 AM
bentley marshall

new from fs

Name:	Mk25992.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1272088   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15165.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1272089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37354.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1272090  
Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 AM
extremeaudi

That body is pretty sweet! Dont think its available in the US yet.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:31 AM
bbeverlie

That truck is a 2wd correct?? Looks nice!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:54 AM
mbe301

Looks sweet, and you can upgrade it to 4wd

Name:	Qn38580.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	492.6 KB
ID:	1272227  
Old 09-10-2009, 04:21 PM
bentley marshall

all im after is the body and the bumpers and wheels ...........

when will you have these in stock scott???
Old 09-10-2009, 05:22 PM
extremeaudi

Same here, I just want the rear bumper and body. I was getting ready to order a MCD Baja1000 body but I bet this body is alot cheaper. I dont think its available in the US yet though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.