Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

XRC road car spinning out!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 03:38 AM
gofast53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XRC road car spinning out!!

Running stock tyres, rear wheels have toe in and front have toe out. Car runs sweet in a straight line but when trying to do turns as soon as you come off on the throttle it spins out of control. When taking off from a stand still you have to take it easy on the throttle otherwise it will spin out....anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is, maybe I need descent tyres!
I am new to on-road 1/5th scale but have never had this problem with my on-road.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:26 AM
procarlo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XRC road car spinning out!!

Tires are a good start. The tires on them cars are no good for onroad bashing. The rear diff is weak also.
Put a good set of fg tires on it or pmt and then stiffen up the diff. Takes a little time and $ but it will hook up.
Keep in mind the outside tempature plays a big role in traction also.
Good Luck !
Old 02-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: XRC road car spinning out!!

Softer rear suspension, stiffer front anti roll bar, softer rear anti roll bar, more rear droop. These are the key settings, apart from the quite correctly stated above warm soft rubber (always first concern, 50% of a car setup is in the tires) that will increase off power corner entry traction. You may also want to slightly increase or decrease rear camber, depending what it's at right now.