Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Balanceing these big tires

Old 02-01-2008, 01:56 PM
RURC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balanceing these big tires

I have some tire / wheel set ups I need to balance. What the heck do I use to do this with. I dont have anything that I can fit a 20mm and larger hub on. Point me in a direction please.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:19 PM
wan6176

Default RE: Balanceing these big tires

it would be good if u post some pic maybe we can understand wat u trying to point.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:27 PM
RURC

I need to balance the tires/wheels. Like you do on your street car. You know lead weights on the rim bead. I have a balanceing system that I use for my 1/10 cars but it will not work for these large scale hubs. I really dont know how else to put it and a photo of a tire/rim would do nothing.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:44 PM
PAPE

I my self have wanted to do the same but I "think" there are no comercialy available systems for this

your going to have to do some minor fabricating to balance your tires, try to start with one of the big prop balancers like the dubro one serch on the plane forum for balancing big props
Old 02-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sure, it's not as accurate as a balancing rig, but some thing like this would do the trick (see 2nd pic), and is simple to construct. You mount the wheel in the middle, and the heaviest part will always fall to the bottom. To make it even better, you could weld something up like the first pic and put the wheel (or both ends of the bar, whatever's easier) on a high quality ball bearing. When the wheel settles at the bottom, add a touch of weight to the upper most inner rim.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93231.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	867086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95252.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	867087  
Old 02-01-2008, 03:31 PM
RURC

Foxy42 - I was looking for a commerically available one but alas there dose not appear to be one. I guess I will make something that I use like the photos you gave. But I now have a alignment rack that works on everything up to the 23 mm hubs. That was fun to make but it works.