Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Smartech Titan/ owners review

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 09:35 PM
QIK-RX4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smartech Titan/ owners review

Foxy,
I was told about these the other day. Here is the deal off that site. $55 aust for postage upto 1kg. By the time I get them here they would have cost me around the $100 each. Im better off waiting mate. Im getting good at waiting, havent you noticed? lol

Its going to cost around $600 aust to upgrade / fix the titan. Prob cost me more than that, So all up this will owe me around $3000 just to have a truck that is (should be as) reliable as the Baja 5b. For all that money I could have bought another 2 baja's or bought one and turned it into a shelf queen.....mmmmmm Damn toys.

I am now looking at changing the throttle servo to a small 14kg ace didgital one, I have this idea about improving the gears and stopping them comming loose all the time. I am also looking at re mounting the steering servo diffrently so water wont get into it as easy as it does with it on its side.

I will post up pics as I go, so others can get ideas.

I have just orded all new bearings and I am ordering 2 of those flash diff centres off RCBASHERS.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 06-05-2008, 03:21 PM
magnum57

Yea got my new 2008 titan
Old 06-05-2008, 03:43 PM
magnum57

I just received my new 2008 titan 4x4 right away I noticed a difference from the first one I bought in late 2006. It looks like they actually put some effort in to the assembly of this truck. Real glad to see they moved the on/off switch so you don’t have to use a screw driver to turn it on and off. The dog bones and cups look totally redesigned so I won’t have to shim them to help keep them from falling out. The whole wheel hub assembly looks heavier duty. I took out a screw and it actually had lock tight on it. Tested a few screw for tightness and they seemed to be fine. The a arms seem to be made of a better plastic also. Anyway kind of excited to have a inexpensive toy to bash compared to my other toys. Great deal I think for $989.00 plus the new pipe, radio, filter. Hopefully that’s all I’ll need to do to this one. Going to take some of Rob’s tips also and this should be a great little 4x4 truck. Enjoy the hobbie it’s a blast.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice one man! We want pics and vids!
Old 06-05-2008, 04:51 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: magnum57
Anyway kind of excited to have a inexpensive toy to bash compared to my other toys. Great deal I think for $989.00 plus the new pipe, radio, filter. Hopefully that’s all I’ll need to do to this one. Going to take some of Rob’s tips also and this should be a great little 4x4 truck. Enjoy the hobbie it’s a blast.

$989[X(] do you have a link ??? where did you get it??? ....I would like the titan for that price...I already have the jetpro for the titan
Old 06-05-2008, 10:55 PM
magnum57

fleabay from this seller. i lucked out and he treated me great. i received it in 3 days and it was new in box with all the goodies. awesome seller. he has auction type listigs like i won and the buy it now type. check it out very cool[8D]
1/5 1/6 SMARTECH TITAN 4WD RC GAS MONSTER TRUCK 28cc FG
NEW IN BOX, SHIP WORLD WIDE, All METAL GEARS HUGE SHOCK Ebay Item number: 120238710712
Old 06-05-2008, 11:25 PM
hellya

ya kens a good seller...ya out bid me i just missed it
Old 06-06-2008, 06:53 AM
magnum57

ken has another one with the make offer type auction. make him and offer and enjoy Bro. [8D]
Old 06-06-2008, 12:16 PM
hellya

I offered him $1175 he turned it down...I dont know why...he has a coupon for 10% off for $20 on ebay thats $128 off the price

Wierd he can sell you 1 for 989 but wont sell me one for 1175[>:]
Old 06-11-2008, 09:12 AM
magnum57

Hey Hellya,
not sure whats up with that. he has another one on the bay that starts @ $989.00. bid on that and hope no one else bids. wow tried to mount the ddm chrome kit on this truck and nothing fit. major mods just to add some bling. the biggest problem was the fly wheel cover is way to thin. it rubbed on the fan real bad and the stubs dont line up. the head cover also needed some mods to fit. nothing a dremil tool did'nt fix. installed the dx2 spektrum control system and the pancake air filter. took out the hing pins and replaced with screw and plastic locking nuts. thread locked every thing i could. waiting for the jetpro pipe. it took alot not to fire this thing up but want to wait until i get the pipe. so i'm not upset like i was on the first one i got. this thing sure looking sweet. hope it runs as good as it looks.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:22 AM
QIK-RX4

Still no reply to my email sent to smartech. [>:]
Old 06-12-2008, 04:36 AM
ozace

I have had no reply either[:'(]. I think this just shows the level of commitment the factory has to its endusers. (I know smartechracing has been online dozens of times since i sent emails and pm's.)
Old 06-12-2008, 04:43 AM
QIK-RX4

On a diffrent note, a big box was on my door steep this arvo ozace.

Talk about owe you mate.

I cant say thank-you enough!
Old 06-12-2008, 04:18 PM
magnum57

well i dont even have my titan finished yet and bought a new rampage mt. scott @ largescale rc talked me into it. so now i can try another import and see if it can hang. it came with a 23cc so we put a 28.5cc jetpro pipe and a new control system. oh yea spektrum again. crap this hobby is going to put me in the poor house. cant wait to see this one go up that ole hill. nice to see 4x4's at a lower cost than the MCD's. oh well enjoy the hobby its a great one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24339.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	969279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71300.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	969280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67926.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	969281  
Old 06-22-2008, 04:43 AM
QIK-RX4

Well here is a few update pics of the mods done to my Titan.

I went out and bought new alloy diff centres and fitted them up just so i could see the truck running again. Also made a new steering servo mount as well as replaced the throttle servo with a normal size one as well as all new bearings. I got some sleeves machined up for the drive gears so longer grub screws could be used. I made up some spring spacers out of 25mm elec tube (20mm front and 35mm rear in length). Also fitted my old baja 5b wing the the back of the body.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:46 AM
QIK-RX4

Working on vid clips...
Old 06-22-2008, 04:49 AM
QIK-RX4

Some action pics:

Video's:

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=MVI_2076.flv

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=MVI_2100.flv

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=MVI_2081.flv

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=MVI_2085.flv
Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 AM
splcrazy

how come thers rust on some of those parts ?
Old 06-23-2008, 04:25 AM
QIK-RX4

Cheap metal and it had been sitting for around 6 months in my shed waiting for alloy upgrade parts.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:46 AM
valley raceing

HI GUYS, I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT THE CARSONS DEVIL (TITAN) AND READING THE FORUM HAS HELPED ME ALOT TO SET UP THE TITAN. THE ENGINE THAT CAME WITH THE TRUCK WAS NOT WORTH SPEAKING ABOUT, I HAVE REPLACED IT WITH THE NEW CHROME 30.5CC BIG BORE CHUNG YANG ENGINE AND THE JET PRO PIPE AND ITS MUCH HEALTHYER NOW, THE 28CC THAT IT CAME WITH JUST DOESNT DO THE JOB TO BEGIN WITH ITS PUSHING 12KG AND THOSE BIG WHEELS IT JUST DIDNT HAVE ANY GET UP AND GO. I WILL SAY THE TRUCK IS BUILT WELL AND OTHER THEN A FEW BITS AND PIECES THAT YOU NEED TO CHANGE, ITS WELL WORTH THE MONEY AND TIME SPENT. WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS HOW DO I GO ABOUT LOCKING THE DIFF INTO PLACE? AND WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET PARTS FROM? I LIVE IN OZZ AND I HAVE GOTTEN A FEW PARTS FROM OVERSIZE RC BUT YOU NEVER GET A REPLY FROM THE GUY YOU HAVE TO SEND HIM 20 EMAILS BEFORE YOU GET A REPLY I EVEN TRYED RINGING THEM A DOZEN OR SO TIMES AND LEFT MESSAGES ON THERE ANSWERING MACHINE BUT THEY NEVER BOTHER TO RING BACK, SO IM NOT GOING TO CHASE THEM , I COULDNT BE BOTHERED ID RATHER BUY ELSE WERE, SO IF SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS A GOOD SUPPLIER PLEASE DROP ME THE EMAIL SITE AND IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT ON HOW TO GO ABOUT LOCKING THE DIFF IN PLACE THAT WOULD BE GREAT..THANKS GUYS HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP..CHEERS FROM OZZ
Old 09-05-2008, 06:50 AM
valley raceing

HI GUYS, I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT THE CARSONS DEVIL (TITAN) AND READING THE FORUM HAS HELPED ME ALOT TO SET UP THE TITAN. THE ENGINE THAT CAME WITH THE TRUCK WAS NOT WORTH SPEAKING ABOUT, I HAVE REPLACED IT WITH THE NEW CHROME 30.5CC BIG BORE CHUNG YANG ENGINE AND THE JET PRO PIPE AND ITS MUCH HEALTHYER NOW, THE 28CC THAT IT CAME WITH JUST DOESNT DO THE JOB TO BEGIN WITH ITS PUSHING 12KG AND THOSE BIG WHEELS IT JUST DIDNT HAVE ANY GET UP AND GO. I WILL SAY THE TRUCK IS BUILT WELL AND OTHER THEN A FEW BITS AND PIECES THAT YOU NEED TO CHANGE, ITS WELL WORTH THE MONEY AND TIME SPENT. WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS HOW DO I GO ABOUT LOCKING THE DIFF INTO PLACE? AND WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET PARTS FROM? I LIVE IN OZZ AND I HAVE GOTTEN A FEW PARTS FROM OVERSIZE RC BUT YOU NEVER GET A REPLY FROM THE GUY YOU HAVE TO SEND HIM 20 EMAILS BEFORE YOU GET A REPLY I EVEN TRYED RINGING THEM A DOZEN OR SO TIMES AND LEFT MESSAGES ON THERE ANSWERING MACHINE BUT THEY NEVER BOTHER TO RING BACK, SO IM NOT GOING TO CHASE THEM , I COULDNT BE BOTHERED ID RATHER BUY ELSE WERE, SO IF SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS A GOOD SUPPLIER PLEASE DROP ME THE EMAIL SITE AND IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT ON HOW TO GO ABOUT LOCKING THE DIFF IN PLACE THAT WOULD BE GREAT..THANKS GUYS HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP..CHEERS FROM OZZ
Old 09-05-2008, 07:12 AM
mradlin

Here's some places I order parts for my Titan from Valley.
http://www.fgsupply.com/cart.cgi
http://www.fifthelementracing.com/index.html
http://www.vsmodelsport.com/
Also vsmodelsport and 5th element have a video contest going on for all Titan, gas devil, hurricane owners.
contest
Old 09-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Cal-Torque

The stock engine in the Carson version is a CY28. It's not bad at all.
In regards to oversize. Yes, it's well-documented that they are horrible to deal with. Just say no.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:42 PM
PowerSlideRacing

www.powerslideracing.com.au has Titan parts galore
Old 09-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Mr Terminator

I thought the Carson had a 27cc engine,wel thats what it says on the pullstart cover...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.