Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Routing X-Can exhaust on Firehammer MT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Routing X-Can exhaust on Firehammer MT

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 12:41 PM
deviltrigger529

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Routing X-Can exhaust on Firehammer MT

Hey guys, a couple weeks ago I rolled my firehammer mt over without the body and it clipped the tip of the exhaust and well, its pretty much trashed. So, I'm going to get a X-Can to hold me over until I can get a better pipe and engine mounts.

So my question is, should I get the left or right stingers, and what should I use to route the exhaust out past the truck body? I dont know if I should just get the solid 3" steel stingers and have it go out the side, or if I should get the tubing and route it up out the top like the stock exhaust did. How flexible/ or not flexible, is that tubing?

Any ideas would be appreciated, except for telling me to get a better pipe. I'm getting the X-Can and thats final, I just need some advice on the best way to route it.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 PM
ratpower396

Default RE: Routing X-Can exhaust on Firehammer MT

Personally I wouldnt waste the money on the x-can I had it & it was a little better than stock & alot louder..Personally until you can afford a better pipe I would just get a stock fg or hammer exhaust off ebay & save up..But if you are dead set on the x can get the tubing & run it out the left sie ..Out the top will get damaged a whole lot easier..
Old 03-05-2008, 02:43 AM
deviltrigger529

I dont really have the money now or probably any time soon to get a really nice pipe and to import better motor mounts, so the X-Can is perfect for me right now. A little better than stock is all I want, since I actually pretty much like how my truck is now. I barely ever go WOT or try to go top speed all the time.

Anyway, so you mean route the tubing around the body and out the side, so does that mean that the tubing is flexible but will stay in a way that you bend it?

Edit: Does anyone know if the large X-port can be used with the x-can on the firehammer mt? I might as well squeeze as much out of this as I can.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:51 AM
deviltrigger529

C'mon guys, I need some more opinions so I can order this and get to bashing again! lol. I dont want to order the wrong stuff and be stuck with the X-can exhausting inside the body.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:09 AM
nothinbetr2do

well, i don't have a firehammer. so i'm just trying to help out here. could you use this, and just mount it upside down. so the stingers are facing up instead of down? i'm not sure of the motor placement or how much room you have under the body. give it a look, maybe it will work http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product17.html
Old 03-06-2008, 11:29 AM
deviltrigger529

I dont think I can because there isnt much room between the body of the muffler and the top of the gas tank.

Thanks for trying though, anyone else?
Old 03-09-2008, 06:03 AM
yorgor

I have the X-Can mounted on my FHMT with top exhaust. It is lower than the cab. The pipe is tilted back enough to miss blowing out on the cab.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:19 PM
deviltrigger529

Where do they have one that is top exhaust? I only see left, right and bottom exhaust X-Cans. Or did you just flip the X-can with bottom stingers over? Actually, your not confusing the X-can with the CFM exhaust are you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Duratrax-Fireham...QQcmdZViewItem

Cuz thats not what I'm looking for. If you are talking about the X-can with top stingers though could you post a link?