Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Marder Brake Servo....?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:06 PM
boze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marder Brake Servo....?

Hey guys, im pretty new to this largescale stuff and have just bought a Marder from a member of another forum and found the throttle/brake servo to be split so it needs replaced now.

The only thing is im pretty low in cash so I need to know what the minimum torque rating I need is? It has cable discs on the front so needs to pull them and the rear brakes at the same time...

Is 6kg/cm (86oz/in) enough?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Damo
Old 03-04-2008, 03:59 PM
tom111

Default RE: Marder Brake Servo....?

Hi Damo,

Welcome
I think that 6kg won’t be enough for your needs, I use the throttle servo just for the rear brakes (the front have their own additional servo) and I had the Hitec 645MG which is 9.6 KG and it wasn’t enough I recently bought the Hitec 5955TG which is 24KG and this one is more or less what you need.

I asked few months ago a similar question when I also looked for a servo, basically the responses I got said the I need around 20KG and up.
If you are on a low udget I think you can go with the Hitec 5646MG, it has 12.1 KG in 9V, it is digital with metal gear and doesn’t cost much (about 45$ on eBay).

Do you have 4 brakes discs in your car? Because if that’s the case I wouldn’t recommend connecting all 4 to one servo, better to split front brakes to one servo, and rear brakes + throttle to another, if you have just the front brakes and in the rear the stock brake then I think that one servo would be fine.

Hope this helps & good luck,
Tom

Old 03-04-2008, 04:28 PM
boze

Hey thanks for the reply

Yeah its just discs at the front and stock brakes at the back. So about 12kg/cm should be ok then? As long as its metal geared?

Isnt the Rx pack 6volts? Not 9volts?

Just a bit confused...lol

Damo
Old 03-04-2008, 05:24 PM
boze

**Update**

Sorted, my mates giving me a 14.5kg/cm one from his buggy just now till I can afford something stronger.

cheers for the help though

Damo
Old 03-05-2008, 05:00 AM
tom111

Hi Damo,

Yes this should be a 6V, just a typo, but all other data is fine: 12.1 KG at 6V.
If your friend will give you a 14.5KG servo, then you can check it, if this will be enough that you can buy the Hitec 5645MG and if not then you will have to look for something stronger like the Hitec 5955TG (By the way it has Titanium Gears).

Good luck!
Tom