Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Smartech Titan (30.5cc) can it take this ?

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Smartech Titan (30.5cc) can it take this ?

Old 03-06-2008, 05:04 PM
browley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smartech Titan (30.5cc) can it take this ?

Does anyone out there own or heard info on a Smartech Titan with a 30.5cc motor or more powerful ? Reason can the Titan take this kind of power long term ? Bending CVDS, spiral gear problems, premature outdrive wear, diff problems well you get the picture. With a hopped up motor I would like Titan even more but not if the drive train doesn't hold up.

Browley
Old 03-06-2008, 05:46 PM
kidd

Default RE: Smartech Titan (30.5cc) can it take this ?

the diffs are the same as the smartech and fg. so you'd want to upgrade that anyway. the gears are all pretty well hardend
only heard of one story about rear diff problems but that was with a fully locked center diff.
i'm currently switching over to aluminum diffs the rear is done the center is sitting on my workbench
mine has a machined and ported 30.5 and a jetpro
Old 03-06-2008, 08:33 PM
browley

Default RE: Smartech Titan (30.5cc) can it take this ?

hey Kidd have you done some jumps on the titan. I am wondering can the titan handle jumps. Any crunchy gears noises ?