Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Baja Carb

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:21 PM
hayabusagreg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja Carb

By replacing my stock 5b carb with a Walbro WT-813 High-Performance Carburetor for Zenoah / CY Engines
will I gain very much performance...Top-end or bottom..Both..?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46726.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	899368  
Old 03-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Briansshop

Default RE: Baja Carb

I read a post somewhere else where ESP said to stick w/the stock one.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:13 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hayabusagreg

By replacing my stock 5b carb with a Walbro WT-813 High-Performance Carburetor for Zenoah / CY Engines
will I gain very much performance...Top-end or bottom..Both..?
YEAH it's only good if your motor is modified but even if you go modified try the 771a carb IMO this one is really smooth much better throttle response and it really sucks up the gas with no problems. You can find that carb at Oneill brothers racing ask for Shawn he will let you know all about it. I have it and likes it alot just 3 pumps on the bulb and she fire's rite on up, with my 813 i had to give it to many pumps on the primer bulb and to many squeeze's on the throttle trigger. 771a much easier you try now.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:18 AM
splcrazy

ive got the wt 813 carb with accelerator pump and using it on my modded up TS induction crankcase with 29cc and stuffed crank , i have to say its pretty good it solves the lag problem the flap hole size is alot bigger compared to stock , but it has no choke , you might have to open and close the throttle to vent it then pull the cord to start it . Ive also used it on a stock engine and yes there is a noticible differance , feels like the engine runs better
Old 03-10-2008, 05:41 AM
hayabusagreg

Same here...somewhere I read that I should keep the stock carb...? But I have a CY 30.5 with pipe and thought it could use more fuel...? I dont know ..calling Shawn today and see what he think`s also going to ask if I should get a reed valve ?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Briansshop

ORIGINAL: hayabusagreg
But I have a CY 30.5 with pipe and thought it could use more fuel...?

The idea of the bigger carb is to get more AIR into the engine. Of course if you get more air you'll need more fuel but that's easy. I have a stock carb on my 30.5 also. ESP has been building these motors for a while so I'd prob go w/what he says.