Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Stolen 4x4 Prototype Baja!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Snaut Rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stolen 4x4 Prototype Baja!!!

Ya and this time put a minature gps in it.
People like that should be punished.
(Im going to get in to are justice system a little)
Are law here sucks. We have more people in prison than any other country including china with 5x more people than us.
Other countries would punish people by cutting off there arm or finger for stealing a packe of gum.
But not here we just send them to a big house with all their buddies with free room and board and food and tv, and still to get out early cause of parole
Sucks if you ask me.
Just my 2cents.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:53 PM
beer=food
Banned

Dude 2 cents hahaah LOL, you should maybe look at the bigger picture a little, would it piss you that poorer or low wage earners , people who steal 50 dollars get larger sentences than white collar crims that steal MILLIONS every year and never go to jail, l ask you who is doing more damage to the econemy thus your country as a whole, you can mix it up anyways you want, but you should appreciate that your country doesnt cut peoples hands off for stealing, or with rocks, stone a female to death because she wont marry an 70 year old as a teenager, all justice systems are faulty, the 3 strikes and out IS NOT JUSTICE, anyways just have a think about that one dude, hope you never end up on the end of that justice waddy especially in a US state with the 3 strikes rule !

LOL my 10 cents worth ! hahaha
Old 03-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Mudgy

Hi Brice,
Any news on your loss?
Are the "feelers" out?

With a vehicle so unique, I'd say it was only a matter of time before something comes up. *******s.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Anomie

Jeez, take it easy, and don't turn this into a punishment discussion. The thread needs visibility. That is primary.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:40 AM
Mudgy

sorry dude,
but you just can't help but notice that these days a life of petty crime gets punished with a holiday, the victim's lives are scarred most every day.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Snaut Rocket

Sorry I went a little over board.
Its just that they dont punish no body any more.
And any luck on the car yet.
Or any pics on your new build
Old 04-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Wow that sucks.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:54 PM
ferrarimk13

ORIGINAL: Mudgy

sorry dude,
but you just can't help but notice that these days a life of petty crime gets punished with a holiday, the victim's lives are scarred most every day.
Reiko's a girl Anyway, im super sorry for you, i cant even imagine someone stealing an rc car. That thing was huge, and heavy, so no one couldve stopped them? so insurance would cover some stuff?
Old 04-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Troopermanaic
My Feedback: (7)

I know this is a bad time and I am sorry but are you interetsred in making more? I would totally buy that. even in prototype stage that thing is a beast. PS sorry for your loss I have had thousands of dollars in rc cars stolen from me in the past. Including my 100% custom machined crawler (this was before the crawler craze) which was estamated 12K took me over 2 years to build it and had a conley engine in it.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:47 AM
warheadforever

PS sorry for your loss I have had thousands of dollars in rc cars stolen from me in the past. Including my 100% custom machined crawler (this was before the crawler craze) which was estamated 12K took me over 2 years to build it and had a conley engine in it.
WOW!! I am very sorry to here that Troopermanaic, but may I ask for some pictures?

Warheadforever
Old 04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Troopermanaic
My Feedback: (7)

WOW!! I am very sorry to here that Troopermanaic, but may I ask for some pictures?
I dont think I have any but my friends at work might have them. They loved it and we used to take it out on break time =]. I built that thing from tempered metal which was impossible to break, the chassis was basic though like you would see in a every day crawler but bigger also I got a conley engine off of ebay for $5000 which was a 1/8th scale v8 which actually worked. The tires were actually golf kart tires =]. If anyone ever see's it I would like to send me a email at [email protected] The easiest way you can tell is if my initials are engraved on the chassis on the back end.~P.M

BTW I am planning on building another one I will keep everone posted because I plan on makeing a few and then selling them to make lots o money . I have access to a 3d printer now so prototypeing will be easy.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:19 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: Troopermanaic

I dont think I have any but my friends at work might have them. They loved it and we used to take it out on break time =]. I built that thing from tempered metal which was impossible to break, the chassis was basic though like you would see in a every day crawler but bigger also I got a conley engine off of ebay for $5000 which was a 1/8th scale v8 which actually worked. The tires were actually golf kart tires =]. If anyone ever see's it I would like to send me a email at [email protected] The easiest way you can tell is if my initials are engraved on the chassis on the back end.~P.M

BTW I am planning on building another one I will keep everone posted because I plan on makeing a few and then selling them to make lots o money . I have access to a 3d printer now so prototypeing will be easy.

Thanks Troopermanaic......I will keep an eye out for it.

Warheadforever
Old 05-15-2008, 12:08 AM
mojavemonster

BEAUTIFUL!!! If that thang was any sexier you could charge people to view it. I'd rather loose a woman to another man than something like that. What kind of shocks are those. I'm doing a custom build too and I gotta have those shocks.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:42 AM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

I have been looking at this for a while. I still cannot get over the fact of this. I used to live in CA my self. Moved to Virginia 2 years ago. What beach were you at? Go to the police department and give it your best shot. You have nothing to loose. Tell them it's worth enough money to buy their car (Don't you'll piss 'em off but you get my point). Another thing you could do is put up a trap. I think that may be your best bet. Simply be bashing and put an R/C on the top of a vehicle. Put cameras around it and keep people on a look out. Either 2 things happened. You were targeted or some kid said, "Oooo those things are cool". In order to see it he could have been on a routine route. If that were me I would be looking non-stop at you guys driving those R/Cs if I had never seen one. I say put up a trap and go from there. Make them something they cannot refuse. I would also go to all the hobby shops. There are MANY hobby shops. I would try to fax every hobby store in Northern California. Look around, some lifeguard stands have cameras. Actually most do. Go to the Lifeguard center (Depending on the beach) and ask them if they have a tape you can watch on this date at this time. It all depends where you were. If only you were on Venice beach, you would have the car 1 hour after it was stolen (Traffic, cameras and mucho cops). I would do anything in my power to get that thing back.

Now to everyone's views on stealing. It's wrong. I do not care of your situation. I do not care if you are poor. There is a reason why you are poor. Now granted some people cannot go to college. There are some that are just plain out stupid. But that does NOT give you the right to steal other people's property. If it is not yours simply don't touch it. Not only that but come on man, carma is going to come bite you in the ass and make you regret it. If you said that that guy may have had the right to steal (I don't mean to judge) than you need some respect for other people and yourself. To the people that were saying you should not have left it sitting there. We should NOT have to worry about are stuff being stolen because it is sitting in plain sight. I do not when all of a sudden it was OK to steal something when it is just sitting there. IT'S NOT OK. This whole situation pisses me off. The reason why: When I was 6 I used to race Go-Carts. For Christmas my dad bought me all the parts we needed to blue print the engine. Well after presents were all open we went to go install it. We went out to the garage and all 4 of my carts were stolen. The garage was bent in half. I lost about 7-8k dollars in carts. Only 1 of them were a race cart thank god (not cheap about 1.5k). I got to race it twice. 1st time I got black flagged because I ran into someone on purpose and 2nd I got 1st place and my cart was the slowest and less modified (still brand new). The rest of them were fun carts and so on. Still the point is PEOPLE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEIR BELONGINGS BEING STOLEN.

Now granted in a perfect world things will not get stolen. We all know things are going to get stolen. We all have to watch out for those idiots that decide to do something destructive and stupid. Thank god that technology is evolving to have a safer world. But as good technology evolves so will bad ones. As an example, computer viruses. Countless numbers of viruses are blocked, prevented, repaired, and destroyed a day. But at the same time viruses are also being created, developed and evolving. This is just how things work. I just hope it doesn't get into paypal cause then a lot of people are screwed. There is no way to prevent it. But it cannot hurt to reduce it. Things should be taken in to bigger hands. People that steal (most of the time) will only get a slap on a wrist and maybe a fine. This needs to be changed so they will not do it again.

Overall, in no way is stealing right. It is simply wrong. End of story. No if, ands or buts. I hope that you get this back Brice.

Brice for your next prototype may I suggest this:
http://www.lojack.com/
It is not expensive nor is it cheap. But it will make sure no idiots do anything stupid. These things come in very small packages. I have one in my camaro. It's about the size of a flash drive and could easily be put in a 1/5 car of that size. Maybe inside the engine or something.

P.S. The car looks amazing. I wish I could learn to do that. Mind PMing me how you do it? I plan on my career in something like engineering.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:24 PM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: jtnktz

I have been looking at this for a while. I still cannot get over the fact of this. I used to live in CA my self. Moved to California 2 years ago. What beach were you at? Go to the police department and give it your best shot. You have nothing to loose. Tell them it's worth enough money to buy their car (Don't you'll piss 'em off but you get my point). Another thing you could do is put up a trap. I think that may be your best bet. Simply be bashing and put an R/C on the top of a vehicle. Put cameras around it and keep people on a look out. Either 2 things happened. You were targeted or some kid said, "Oooo those things are cool". In order to see it he could have been on a routine route. If that were me I would be looking non-stop at you guys driving those R/Cs if I never seen one. I say put up a trap and go from there. Make them something they cannot refuse. I would also go to all the hobby shops. There are MANY hobby shops. I would try to fax every hobby store in Northern California. Look around, some lifeguard stands have cameras. Actually most do. Go to the Lifeguard center (Depending on the beach) and ask them if they have a tape you can watch on this date at this time. It all depends where you were. If only you were on Venice beach, you would have the car 1 hour after it was stolen (Traffic, cameras and mucho cops). I would do anything in my power to get that thing back.

Now to everyone's views on stealing. It's wrong. I do not care of your situation. I do not care if you are poor. There is a reason why you are poor. Now granted some people cannot go to college. There are some that are just plain out stupid. But that does NOT give you the right to steal other people's property. If it is not yours simply don't touch it. Not only that but come on man, carma is going to come bite you in the ass and make you regret it. If you said that that guy may have had the right to steal (I don't mean to judge) than you need some respect for other people and yourself. To the people that were saying you should not have left it sitting there. We should NOT have to worry about are stuff being stolen because it is sitting in plain sight. I do not when all of a sudden it was OK to steal something when it is just sitting there. IT'S NOT OK. This hole situation pisses me off. The reason why: When I was 6 I used to race Go-Carts. For Christmas my dad bought me all the parts we needed to blue print the engine. Well after presents were all open we went to go install it. We went out to the garage and all 4 of my carts were stolen. The garage was bent in half. I lost about 7-8k dollars in carts. Only 1 of them were a race cart thank god (not cheap about 1.5k). I got to race it twice. 1st time I got black flagged because I ran into someone on purpose and 2nd I got 1st place and my cart was the slowest and less modified (still brand new). The rest of them were fun carts and so on. Still the point is PEOPLE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEIR BELONGINGS BEING STOLEN.

Now granted in a perfect world things will not get stolen. We all know things are going to get stolen. We all have to watch out for those idiots that decide to do something destructive and stupid. Thank god that technology is evolving to have a safer world. But as good technology evolves so will bad ones. As an example, computer viruses. Countless numbers of viruses are blocked, prevented, repaired, and destroyed a day. But at the same time viruses are also being created, developed and evolving. This is just how things work. I just hope it doesn't get into paypal cause then a lot of people are screwed. There is no way to prevent it. But it cannot hurt to reduce it. Things should be taken in to bigger hands. People that steal (most of the time) will only get a slap on a wrist and maybe a fine. This needs to be changed so they will not do it again.

Overall, in no way is stealing right. It is simply wrong. End of story. No if, ands or buts. I hope that you get this back Brice.

Brice for your next prototype may I suggest this:
http://www.lojack.com/
It is not expensive nor is it cheap. But it will make sure no idiots do anything stupid. These things come in very small packages. I have one in my camaro. It's about the size of a flash drive and could easily be put in a 1/5 car of that size. Maybe inside the engine or something.

P.S. The car looks amazing. I wish I could learn to do that. Mind PMing me how you do it? I plan on my career in something like engineering.

This is by-far the best post I have ever read.(Including other forms)

And as Charlie Daniels said in his song "Simple Man" a judge "Slaps him on the wrist and then he turns him back out on the town"

I am Sick and tired of these people stealing taking breaking and in general abusing other peoples stuff, and then getting away with it!!! What I mean is that there is in the area of 3 MILLION people in jail, and what do these quote "wise judges" do, put a killer in jail for life, and then go and release them early because they were quote "well behaved". Also I have seen people like 17 years old, and have crime sheets as long as they are tall!!! The worst part is that they know they can get away with anything, as long as they are under 18, then these sue-happy lawyers go and compound the problem.....It's nut what is happing out there, go back 70 years ago, and you did not even have to lock you front door!! Because people back then had respect for other people, and there stuff back then, unlike people to day which are only interested in making money, the said thing is, is if they put haft that effort into a real job, they would make more money!!

Warheadforever
Old 05-25-2008, 10:25 AM
nitrosport963

*** he just walked in and took it
Old 05-25-2008, 03:08 PM
beer=food
Banned

And he aint commin back, are you serious, think like that crim for a second, would you steal another from the ''same ''location, 1 in a million chance, dont waste ya time or risk another car, people get seen on TTV all the time and alot still never get caught.
Bite the bullet, its been ages now in crim terms, LOL sold 4 times by now or stripped, , longer time goes less chance of recovery, its sad, and hes an ******* for it, but its life, sometimes you take a loss.
Put a tracking becon in your next one, thats the best way of recovery, far better that a TTV camera set up.And they are as small as matchboxes now, recon the crims will be expecting that one ? Yes, excrim, get a tracking beacon nextime !
Old 06-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

By agreement with Brice, I'm letting this slide now. The thread will remain, if anyone hears anything, but I think we can all agree 6 months down the line, that's unlikely. And besides, the insurance has now paid up. Good luck with the next project Brice.

{UNSTICKIED}
Old 06-06-2008, 06:42 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: Foxy

By agreement with Brice, I'm letting this slide now. The thread will remain, if anyone hears anything, but I think we can all agree 6 months down the line, that's unlikely. And besides, the insurance has now paid up. Good luck with the next project Brice.

{UNSTICKIED}
so whats the story with this beast was it found? did the guy have it insured ? i didnt know that they insure things like this
Old 06-06-2008, 07:12 PM
brice_arnold
My Feedback: (6)

It was never found and I never heard anything from anyone. As it turns out stolen goods is covered under home owners.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Anomie

Damn, Brice. I have been hoping for some good news, and it just sucks out loud that there is no resolution. It's heartbreaking, honestly.

One positive - you created that awesome machine from your experience, skill, and imagination. You can most definitely do it again.

The whole thing makes me disgusted that I gave up on my truck.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:34 AM
splcrazy

yeah and i bet 100% that the person who stole it comes on this forum with out a doubt and has read this thread .