Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Old 05-12-2008, 02:51 PM
rckiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

ORIGINAL: xhaliex

i sked the guy who sold the shenQi baja, this is what he said:

"hi, not its not King Motor it is Shen qi, all hpi parts fit except the diff gears, thanks for your enquiry"
ShenQi copied KSM Baja! Going by there Monster Truck I wouldn't touch them!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 PM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

Hes a picture of my KM with my DDM rear dominator pipe. Perfect fit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49669.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	948264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr39896.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	948265  
Old 05-13-2008, 03:15 AM
naynay12

So does the hpi ss diffs fit on the km baja?
Alsoi is the tq baja the shen qi or km?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:57 AM
nofords

so just to be clear, the "dirt buster baja" from v*tec (ebay) is the same as the "KM baja" and both are different from the "SQui" (or whatever)???

Almost ready to place a bid...
Old 05-13-2008, 11:12 AM
u9511160

nofords, Be prepared to wait 1 month for your baja. 1 month after you pay.

If you've been following the thread, v*tec does not have stock of those. He orders from China and ships them out after they arrive.
Also, he is not on the same timezone with us, or he really has a weird sleep pattern . All the replies from him arrived at like 2 AM in my inbox (i'm on EST).

For anybody that's watching this thread, let's make v*tec do correct bussiness. In order to make money, he has to invest money. He's not investing anything, this causes us to wait for the KM baja's a lot of time.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:18 AM
jtnktz

ORIGINAL: naynay12

So does the hpi ss diffs fit on the km baja?
Alsoi is the tq baja the shen qi or km?
Yes they do. EVERYTHING on the KM Baja is interchangeable. TQ baja? What does "TQ" stand for? I don't believe so though. KM is the only company to have an exact clone right now. The reason why the ShengQi baja has different differentials is because it would cost more to create. So even though KM is a "cheap version" of the HPI Baja 5B, it is also the better quality of the clones. Meaning that they are not cutting too many corners so they are trying to get the better quality out there. Not trying to rip us off completely. This is my opinion of course. Everyone will have their own views.

ORIGINAL: nofords

so just to be clear, the "dirt buster baja" from v*tec (ebay) is the same as the "KM baja" and both are different from the "SQui" (or whatever)???

Almost ready to place a bid...
The dirtbuster is a KM baja. ShengQi is different from the KM and the HPI Baja. It is not 100% interchangeable with the HPI. Supposedly the differential set up is different although I cannot confirm that. So don't take my word for it.

ORIGINAL: u9511160

If you've been following the thread, v*tec does not have stock of those. He orders from China and ships them out after they arrive.
Also, he is not on the same timezone with us, or he really has a weird sleep pattern . All the replies from him arrived at like 2 AM in my inbox (i'm on EST).

For anybody that's watching this thread, let's make v*tec do correct bussiness. In order to make money, he has to invest money. He's not investing anything, this causes us to wait for the KM baja's a lot of time.
This is entirely correct. I am going to notify eBay about this situation and make sure it is taken care of accordingly. Order direct from King motor. I believe that their sales email is: [email protected] but check their website first (www.kingmotor.cn). My representative is [email protected]. She is great and I would recommend here over most of their employees (Have dealt with many of them and she is best). You will get a cheaper price as well. Before prices went up I got mine for $535.00 shipped.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:56 AM
hellya

there are alot of drop shippers on ebay.....some are just faster than others ....almost everyone of the baja clone sellers is drop shipper... So are the sellers of the FS truck and buggies....

My KM was from a ebay drop shipper took alittle over a week to get the KM and 8 days for another 1.

Any one that sells SMC on ebay drop ships from the usa http://www.joinsmctoday.com/?tid=306...FReOggodrCD-oA there are alot of these sellers on ebay ...you gunna report them too??? (I've been selling this stuff for 7 years)

hell oversize rc drop ships on ebay......vtec does......so does engagerc_com_usa....sellers have up to 10 days after the payment is recieved before they have to ship.... just like a buyer has 10 days to pay...its not stipulated if thats workings days cause 10 work days is 2 weeks

My representaive is [email protected]. She is great and I would recommend here over most of their employies (Have delt with many of them and she is best). You will get a cheaper price as well. Before prices went up I got mine for $535.00 shipped
............and happy ellen is a drop shipper too, just not on ebay.....collects your money then orders it for you.....

why have the prices gone up....not because the price for building them has rissen..... I know a couple of sellers on ebay...they still get them for the same prices...they are just charging more.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:14 PM
nofords

so, it best just to order from the king motor site?

[link=http://www.kingmotor.cn/prodshow.asp?ProdId=KSRC-001(RED)]KM baja website[/link]
Old 05-13-2008, 01:42 PM
hellya

many have tried to contact them direct...with no responce[&:] [email protected]
you have to be a member of the good old boys club or realy on a drop shipper
Old 05-13-2008, 02:13 PM
u9511160

That email address does not work.
Try the @yahoo email, it will work. If you have messenger, you can add hifan2001 in your list.
She seems very nice while trying to get your money, you need to negotiate she will fist give you a price higher than anything i've seen.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:22 PM
jtnktz

ORIGINAL: hellya

there are alot of drop shippers on ebay.....some are just faster than others ....almost everyone of the baja clone sellers is drop shipper... So are the sellers of the FS truck and buggies....

My KM was from a ebay drop shipper took alittle over a week to get the KM and 8 days for another 1.

Any one that sells SMC on ebay drop ships from the usa http://www.joinsmctoday.com/?tid=306...FReOggodrCD-oA there are alot of these sellers on ebay ...you gunna report them too??? (I've been selling this stuff for 7 years)

hell oversize rc drop ships on ebay......vtec does......so does engagerc_com_usa....sellers have up to 10 days after the payment is recieved before they have to ship.... just like a buyer has 10 days to pay...its not stipulated if thats workings days cause 10 work days is 2 weeks

My representaive is [email protected]. She is great and I would recommend here over most of their employies (Have delt with many of them and she is best). You will get a cheaper price as well. Before prices went up I got mine for $535.00 shipped
............and happy ellen is a drop shipper too, just not on ebay.....collects your money then orders it for you.....

why have the prices gone up....not because the price for building them has rissen..... I know a couple of sellers on ebay...they still get them for the same prices...they are just charging more.

I understand what you are saying but it is still breaking eBay rules. I have been selling on eBay for quite a while myself.

ORIGINAL: nofords

so, it best just to order from the king motor site?

[link=http://www.kingmotor.cn/prodshow.asp?ProdId=KSRC-001(RED)]KM baja website[/link]
I believe it is. But when I emailed [email protected] [email protected] responded.

many have tried to contact them direct...with no responce[&:] [email protected]
you have to be a member of the good old boys club or realy on a drop shipper
[email protected] is not a drop shipper. She works for KM. She is a directly connected with KM.

That email address does not work.
Try the @yahoo email, it will work. If you have messenger, you can add hifan2001 in your list.
She seems very nice while trying to get your money, you need to negotiate she will fist give you a price higher than anything i've seen.

[email protected] works just fine.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:53 PM
DarkFire989

Yeah, I bought from vtec, took 3 WEEKS! He might have some instock now because it doesnt say on his auctions that they are going to be shipped at a certain date from now. (I think)

THis was taken from his page:

1/5 Scale Buggy Will be Shipped in 2-5 Business Days.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:21 PM
brent1972indy

I waited 4 weeks from vtec after payment. I left positive feedback but told of poor shipping process within the feedback. I then realized that I needed a set of back up wheels and tires but had trouble finding a set for a reasonable price. Tower is out of the wheels for the fhmt and besides, the white really wouldn't go well with a camo humvee. So I saw vtec was selling a set and I emailed him first to ask if I would have to wait a month for these too and he replies...

Hi,

I have all of my product in my warehouse, the only thing is that this is the side thing that i do, hence shipping and e-mails are a little bit slower.
I try to ship all of my product within 4 days.

Thanks,
Vitali

I bit the bullet,rolled the dice and bought a set from vtec for $115 shipped and am waiting for them now. He actually shipped within 2 days, now I just have to wait a week probably for them to get here. Canada is stupid.

The reason I needed a set of wheels is because 2 minutes after starting the beast for the first time I hit a mailbox and broke the center of the rear wheel out. I used gorilla glue to jimmy rig the wheel back together and it did not hold well. Gorilla glue is great on my foam airplane...Not on this beast. I then tried some 2 part epoxy and a tank and a half later it is still working great.

Also broke a ball cup and upper suspension arm. I ordered those parts and other cheap spares that night from Tower and also a pico diemaster failsafe from DDM. They were both at my door in 3 days...Awesome service from both places!

Name:	Om33699.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	948978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68617.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	948979  
Old 05-13-2008, 09:33 PM
brent1972indy

[quote]ORIGINAL: jtnktz

Yes they do. EVERYTHING on the KM Baja is interchangeable. TQ baja? What does "TQ" stand for? I don't believe so though. KM is the only company to have an exact clone right now. The reason why the ShengQi baja has different differentials is because it would cost more to create. So even though KM is a "cheap version" of the HPI Baja 5B, it is also the better quality of the clones. Meaning that they are not cutting too many corners so they are trying to get the better quality out there. Not trying to rip us off completely. This is my opinion of course. Everyone will have their own views.

My shengqi hummer has TQ imprinted on the rx and battery box, see below. It stands for Tianqi. What that means??? I dont know, but then again what the heck kinda name for chicken is general tso??? China is stupid.

Name:	Ro42047.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	949014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67629.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	949015  
Old 05-14-2008, 01:58 PM
FGmyzer

what carb comes with the KM engine? is the engine a cy or zenoah or ?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:21 PM
hellya

KM baja has a cy 23 cc........... I just removed my engine for the 26cc marine head upgrade
Old 05-14-2008, 08:47 PM
rckiwi

KM baja has a cy 23 cc........... I just removed my engine for the 26cc marine head upgrade
Cool Hellya, let us know how the new engine goes, I am interested to know if this type are any better!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:32 PM
GO RC

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that GO RC will be distributing 1/5 Scale Baja style RC Cars.
The cars will be very competitive in price and performance to the King Motor design.

The cars will have many replacement parts and upgrades.

We will have stock of parts in the U.S., no more waiting for parts to come in from another country. No more outrages shipping fees, the cars will be shipped from multiple warehouses in the U.S.

We are planning multiple generations in designs!

Please provide feedback on what you guys think? What would you like to see implemented. What is missing right now?

Regards,

GO RC

Old 05-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Smartechracing

both my kms came stock with the metal recoil ring....no way to strip it...thats one thing that did surprised me.....my thunderbolt has a plastic one[]
Please check with Zenoah, CY engine, they both use Plastic .
Old 05-14-2008, 10:18 PM
jzemaxx

ORIGINAL: GO RC

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that GO RC will be distributing 1/5 Scale Baja style RC Cars.
The cars will be very competitive in price and performance to the King Motor design.

We will have stock of parts in the U.S., no more waiting for parts to come in from another country. No more outrages shipping fees, the cars will be shipped from multiple warehouses in the U.S.

Please provide feedback on what you guys think? What would you like to see implemented. What is missing right now?

Regards,

GO RC

What kind of price are we talking about. Ebay has been going for 350-450 depending on the time of day.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:37 PM
krayziedxc
My Feedback: (9)

Hi Everyone!

Regards,

GO RC

i'll stick with hpi parts, and not KM plastic parts..if you have alloy parts will see about it

have a website??
Old 05-14-2008, 10:44 PM
GO RC

What kind of price are we talking about. Ebay has been going for 350-450 depending on the time of day.
Jzemaxx, I'm watching what is going on with ebay sales and from what I can tell the prices are at $600 to $750 including shipping and a waiting time of up to one month to receive the product.

All I can say right now is that prices will be competitive and the cars will arrive much faster than Ebay seller and will ship from the U.S.

We will be here for support and will have planty of parts in stock for replacement.

Stay Tuned!

Regards,

GO RC

Old 05-14-2008, 10:48 PM
hellya

try $500-550 shipped...hpi parts are plentiful so are alloy parts...... unlees you can beat alloy prices

got my head kit together
Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 PM
jzemaxx

Jzemaxx, I'm watching what is going on with ebay sales and from what I can tell the prices are at $600 to $750 including shipping and a waiting time of up to one month to receive the product.

All I can say right now is that prices will be competitive and the cars will arrive much faster than Ebay seller and will ship from the U.S.

We will be here for support and will have planty of parts in stock for replacement.

Stay Tuned!

Regards,

GO RC

Yeah they charge 200 dollar shipping from Cali to a local state....kind of a rip off, so I don't look at the shipping costs. Max it should be no more then 50 to ship through UPS.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:52 PM
hellya

I paid $565 shipped..... Ive seen other $500 shipped

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.