Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 02:39 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Actually you did not start anything..
this has been discused for many many pages on these and other forums out in the world wide web..

I think two of the great things about colman fuel is it does not smell like regular gas and it has a very long shelf life!
so over the winter when I will not be running my gas boat, the fuel will remain just fine, and will not lose any punch
Old 10-01-2009, 03:07 PM
johnnyone

I did not write this, it isjust another post I found and posted it.
I did however say some things I should not have as people have spent allot of money on the clone cars.
I do have some questions for you.
What about "Lubrilon" for all the bearings? Do you know anything about these oils?
Johnnyone
Old 10-01-2009, 05:50 PM
cal63look

ORIGINAL: srt10

ORIGINAL: cal63look

srt10- Im sorry but you are wrong on running coleman fuel, but to each their own I guess. But in my personal professional opionion I would not run Coleman gas,..lol,lol. What ever gave you that idea, honestly? Do you know whats in coleman fuel... Here ya go:

Hydrotreated Light Distillate, CAS # 68410-97-9, OSHA-500 ppm, 100.0
This product contains:
*Cyclohexane, CAS # 110-82-7, OSHA-300 ppm, ACGIH-300 ppm
*Nonane, CAS # 111-84-2, ACGIH-200 ppm
*Octane, CAS # 111-65-9, OSHA-400 ppm, ACGIH-300 ppm
*Heptane, CAS # 142-82-5, OSHA-500 ppm, ACGIH-400 ppm
*Pentane, CAS # 109-66-0, OSHA-1000 ppm, ACGIH-600 ppm

Here's something better for everybody (hopefully not..) for information on Coleman fuel PLEASE LOOK at this link:
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/faq/f...sp?question=18

and Pasted here:

Question
What is Coleman® Fuel?

Answer
Coleman® Fuel is basically petroleum naphtha with a bit of rust inhibitor. It has an octane rating of 50 to 55 and none of the additives found in gasoline. It has a lighter molecular weight than gasoline, kerosene and diesel fuel and cannot be used as a substitute for any of those fuels. The flammability of Coleman® Fuel is comparable to gasoline but it cannot be used in gasoline engines. It will burn out the valves.

So please dont post information like this to other people that dont want to intentionally ruin there motors, sorry bro HAD to say this. Just lookin out.

Matt
professional opionion?? say what?
Please get all your facts straight before telling others what they cannot post specially being a new member...
2 strokes do not need high octane to run good.
also using 2 stoke oil we need no additives in the fuel.
Looks like you need to check around and ask pilots who run colman fuel and have for many years without damage to their motors!
2 stroke motors have no valves to burn out!!
that article you posted is concerning 4 stroke motors
I've run almost a gallon without any issues at all!
lets not debate something that has alread been done in these forums here at RCU and others as well..
the findings of Colman fuel came out just fine for use in 2 stroke motors

Yes, you heard me correct, my professional opinion, I build hi perf blueprinted stroker turbo motors. Im a very level headed- open minded person, Im not saying by anymeans what you can and cannot post, this is the Internet. Im very aware Im a new member on this board, but im not a new member to internal combustion motors. Also Im very aware these motors dont have valves,lol.

I would love to see and inspect the internals of a motor that has been ran its whole life with coleman gas for my own curiosity. Mainly looking for blue'ing, scuffing, compression(rings and landings), pitting, scoring,cracks. Mainly looking for signs of heat and predetonation.

I dont want to consume this thread on here talking about this either, Im really wanting this thread to stay on topic of the King Motor Brand. In all honesty I dont have any care about the coleman gas, as it has NO interest to me. Like I said to each their own, different strokes for different folks.

Hopefully I havent offened you, as that was not my intention.

So lets move on and talk about these bad boy king motor vehicles!

Matt

Old 10-01-2009, 05:58 PM
cal63look

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

Long time lurker, due to all of the posts I read to make my decision to get KM...
I just got mine from heathobby for $439 shipped. Even when the KM engine eventually gets replaced, it is still a great deal. I was looking at nitro and it would have been easily $600-700 for what I was looking to get!
Here's what I received yesterday:

first mod

Looking good man! Hey I have a question for you. Does the remote control have the LCD screen ( non 2.4g)? Seen different places offering the LCD versus non LCD poplar radios.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Blitzer Fan

ORIGINAL: TACTICAL_RASTA
looking good there bbuzzard! ive orderd my kmbaja from heathobby too, its been around 9 days in transit from america so i expect a letter from customs monday or tuesday asking me to pick it up.... and pay another $130 in VAT!! :s

have you started it up yet? my 1st mod will be tarmac busters because ive got large industrial area to use, and if my Spektrum dx2.0 doesnt work (the plastic areial broke) then ill add a failsafe to the stock radio system for safety measures.

hey Rasta can you let me/us know if customs actualy nail you on the vat?...thats main thing why i havent actualy bought anything lol...scared i get hit with a huge VAT..
Old 10-01-2009, 07:58 PM
big daddy k

cal63look, i have the same on and no it does not     bbuzzard, dont wast your money on a failsafe i did and there is just to much metal on the buggy and the spark plug gives off some mad interference so get a new radio that has a failsafe withit that is a 2.4
Old 10-01-2009, 08:14 PM
cal63look

ORIGINAL: big daddy k

cal63look, i have the same on and no it does not bbuzzard, dont wast your money on a failsafe i did and there is just to much metal on the buggy and the spark plug gives off some mad interference so get a new radio that has a failsafe withit that is a 2.4

Ok cool, thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Since we are on this note of aftermarket radios.. What kind of connectors do these stock servos have? Who is running what aftermarket radio systems in their KM's? Ive been looking at the Spektrum dx3s or Futaba 3pm-x as good entry level radio's....

Anybody have any thoughts on these two radios..

Matt
Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 PM
mpski

I saw some earlier posts about reinforcing the KM rims with PVC pipe because they don't have the metal ring like the HPI rims. While looking for a piece of PVC, I discovered that 1 1/4" copper unions are just about the perfect diameter. I cut some rings just under 1/4" wide with a tubing cutter. They slide on pretty easy, so I'm going to use some epoxy to hold them in place. The pics show the copper ring on a KM rim compared to the stock HPI rim (silver ring).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40636.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1286453   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi21876.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1286454  
Old 10-01-2009, 08:57 PM
big daddy k

nice job

Old 10-01-2009, 09:09 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Since we are on this note of aftermarket radios.. What kind of connectors do these stock servos have? Who is running what aftermarket radio systems in their KM's? Ive been looking at the Spektrum dx3s or Futaba 3pm-x as good entry level radio's....

Matt
The servo connectors should be industry standard servo connectors. That means you can plug these servos into any radio on the market out today.

As for your choice of radios, both are rather reliable radios.
Having used both Spektrum and Futaba 1st hand, I say if you can afford it, definitely get the Futaba 3PM with 2.4GHz. This is a very reliable radio and you will not regret the Futaba FASST 2,4GHz.

The Futaba has an edge over the Spektrum, though both radios are way better than the RTR radio so whichever you choose, you will see night and day difference of one of these over the RTR radio.
Also, I can say with confidence that these two radios will easily be much better than the 2.4GHz KM radio. Afterall, the KM radio is like only $20 more to the RC cost so to make them that cheap, there had to have been some sacrifices (there is no way around it).
Old 10-01-2009, 10:03 PM
srt10

Yes, you heard me correct, my professional opinion, I build hi perf blueprinted stroker turbo motors. Im a very level headed- open minded person, Im not saying by anymeans what you can and cannot post, this is the Internet. Im very aware Im a new member on this board, but im not a new member to internal combustion motors. Also Im very aware these motors dont have valves,lol.

I would love to see and inspect the internals of a motor that has been ran its whole life with coleman gas for my own curiosity. Mainly looking for blue'ing, scuffing, compression(rings and landings), pitting, scoring,cracks. Mainly looking for signs of heat and predetonation.

I dont want to consume this thread on here talking about this either, Im really wanting this thread to stay on topic of the King Motor Brand. In all honesty I dont have any care about the coleman gas, as it has NO interest to me. Like I said to each their own, different strokes for different folks.

Matt

all the "professional" things you listed were incorect ..
hard to move on when people want to tell us we cannot do " "
you listed info about 4 stroke motors burning valves, we are talking about 2 stroke here!

no need to hash this out its been done many times before
I'm not sure why some want to beat this to death and say you cannot use this fuel?

and many have said "white gas is ok to use in any 2 stroke gas motor"
Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: johnnyone

I did not write this, it is just another post I found and posted it.
I did however say some things I should not have as people have spent allot of money on the clone cars.
I do have some questions for you.
What about ''Lubrilon'' for all the bearings? Do you know anything about these oils?
Johnnyone

I just looked them up..
Yes I have heard of them and actually doing a little research on this oil..
as of now I would not buy their products
no lab testing to back up their claims..
Old 10-02-2009, 12:58 AM
cal63look

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Matt
The servo connectors should be industry standard servo connectors. That means you can plug these servos into any radio on the market out today.

Having used both Spektrum and Futaba 1st hand, I say if you can afford it, definitely get the Futaba 3PM with 2.4GHz. This is a very reliable radio and you will not regret the Futaba FASST 2,4GHz.

The Futaba has an edge over the Spektrum, though both radios are way better than the RTR radio so whichever you choose, you will see night and day difference of one of these over the RTR radio.
Also, I can say with confidence that these two radios will easily be much better than the 2.4GHz KM radio. Afterall, the KM radio is like only $20 more to the RC cost so to make them that cheap, there had to have been some sacrifices (there is no way around it).

Cool deal, thanks man! Just wanted to make sure that the km servos werent funny sized or something. I hear you on the aftermarkets being better than RTR's. Ive used futaba in the past, but way before the days we were even close for 2.4ghz,lol. I have a buddy you really likes the spektrum, but I always had good luck with futaba. Its always decisions, decisions,lol.

Thanks again for the reply.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:22 AM
cal63look

ORIGINAL: srt10

Matt

all the ''professional'' things you listed were incorect ..
Im sorry but everything I posted was Correct information pertaining to Coleman fuel,nothing I wrote about.

hard to move on when people want to tell us we cannot do '' ''
Never said this either. I gave my opinion on this subject as your doing.

you listed info about 4 stroke motors burning valves, we are talking about 2 stroke here!
Information posted was directly off Colemans website, please see link. This is information pertaining to coleman gas, and fuel burining engines. I didnt write the webpage. Nor do I change information from other sources, I cant help the fact that Coleman says it will burn valves. If it burns valves, that should tell you about something though.

no need to hash this out its been done many times before
I'm not sure why some want to beat this to death and say you cannot use this fuel?

and many have said ''white gas is ok to use in any 2 stroke gas motor''
Good for them.

Now officially done, nuff said. If you still want to get the last word, be my guest.

My last word is Enjoy the KM and have fun, thats all that matters bro.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:33 AM
srt10

And most of us who run colman fuel love running it!
these buggies are cool!

one thing with colman fuel, it smells like your camping when running this fuel! LOL
Old 10-02-2009, 12:01 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Matt

Looks like I might be getting that 3PM-X BTW, will I still need the fail-safe with that radio? I picked up the Duratrax one the other day...
Thanks
Old 10-02-2009, 12:09 PM
DanLC4
My Feedback: (9)

So I finally got all the parts for the converstion kit. I have about 100 converstion kits all nicely organized.

So if someone wants to convert a buggy (KSRC-001 or KSRC-002) to a truck (T1000), here are the options.

$180 Body mounting kit (includes all body mounts, sway bars, ALL SCREWS AND PINTS). (yep, the screws and pins are key in this converstion project)
$90 For Body (Black, White, Blue or Clear)
$110 Truck Wheels (mounted on rims and with heavy duty bead locks)

$70 Alloy Diff
$130 VVC Shocks
$60 Exhaust Pipe

There are some other upgrade options like aluminum arms, clutch bells, etc. Email me to find out the options.

Ofcourse I can work out a deal if you get a bunch of the options. This includes shipping.

Dan (DanLC4)
Old 10-02-2009, 02:10 PM
srt10

Hey Dan, does the $180 include the body?
Also do you have 29cc motors for sale?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2009, 05:39 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

Looks like I might be getting that 3PM-X BTW, will I still need the fail-safe with that radio? I picked up the Duratrax one the other day...
Thanks
The nice thing about the Futaba radios, particularly the 2.4GHz ones, they have a built-in failsafe. All you have to do is pre-program where your servos want to be positioned in case of signal loss or low batts.

For example, you can make it do full brake and return your steering wheel to neutral in the event of a failsafe situation. That way, you RC rolls forward, but slows to a stop if your batts die.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:42 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outstanding!!! Thanks for the info, savagejim!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:05 PM
cal63look

Good to know Savagejim! Sounds like a pretty awesome failsafe built into it, thanks for sharing that! Also the 3pm-x has these features which look pretty awesome for the KM's or any large scale gas:
Brake mixing for large cars
Anti-skid braking system (ABS)
Throttle Acceleration (ACC) minimizes time lag before clutch and
brakes are connected in gasoline engine cars

These sound sweet too! Man you really have to love technology these days,lol.

Forgot to ask does this model have a charging jack built in?

Matt
Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 PM
cal63look

ORIGINAL: DanLC4

So I finally got all the parts for the converstion kit. I have about 100 converstion kits all nicely organized.

So if someone wants to convert a buggy (KSRC-001 or KSRC-002) to a truck (T1000), here are the options.

$180 Body mounting kit (includes all body mounts, sway bars, ALL SCREWS AND PINTS). (yep, the screws and pins are key in this converstion project)
$90 For Body (Black, White, Blue or Clear)
$110 Truck Wheels (mounted on rims and with heavy duty bead locks)

$70 Alloy Diff
$130 VVC Shocks
$60 Exhaust Pipe

There are some other upgrade options like aluminum arms, clutch bells, etc. Email me to find out the options.

Ofcourse I can work out a deal if you get a bunch of the options. This includes shipping.

Dan (DanLC4)

Not too bad at all.. But it does make the t1000 truck look very tempting for its price.

Matt
Old 10-02-2009, 11:00 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Good to know Savagejim! Sounds like a pretty awesome failsafe built into it, thanks for sharing that! Also the 3pm-x has these features which look pretty awesome for the KM's or any large scale gas:
Brake mixing for large cars
Anti-skid braking system (ABS)
Throttle Acceleration (ACC) minimizes time lag before clutch and
brakes are connected in gasoline engine cars

These sound sweet too! Man you really have to love technology these days,lol.

Forgot to ask does this model have a charging jack built in?

Matt
Oh yeah! They are really nice radios.

As for the charging jack, yeah, they come with a wall plug and jack if you get a NiCad or even NiMH batt

Here is a link with the description of the 3PM. The 2.4GHz version has everything the FM version has; the only difference is the 2.4GHz is crystaless.
http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futk15.html
Old 10-03-2009, 12:00 AM
strtzpmp

well if danic ever replys to me  i want to know if the spur gear and pinion are metal or some kind of alloy i  will deffintly buy the t1000 off him instead of the 001 or 002, but im still getting all those upgrades...i would just like to know if every single gear is steel or alloy so i dont have to replace it right after i buy it.....i just want a 5b or 5t clone or not, but i want completely bulletproof for under $2500 usd in febuary cuz tax income time...nothing else to spend money on im a babysitter for the person i live with and theres nothing else to do here and i want a t1000 or 5b clone that i CANT break just drivingup and down the street and possibly the playground,,,,got 4 kids and they enjoy me driving a gas rc 110% more then anything else....all they ask is can I jump over something even higher than before with my evader st, so we should have a blast or i hope at least with the t1000....what parts are more able to break in the clones 5b or 5t....i want somthingi that i can completetly fix and never worry agian without breakage with small bumps and jumps with for just about 2 -2.3g's  max....i want the truck in febuary, i was wondering if you could give me a deal if i purchase every upgrade u got in metal or steel for it and you keep the the original orginal plastic parts....like if i buy a t1000 and every upgrade for it you got for it, cant you take all the plastic parts i upgraded from and switch them out for me or just have them in a bag not completed and you keeo the original plastic parts that you take off or that i dont need in plastic so you can sell them to make more money i just want a all metal truck for the money and you would make money out of it too! hit me up danic so we can confiigure something we both win on....i just want big and bad 5t/t1000 and zero maintnence! AND YOU MAKE MONEY OFF WHAT I DONT NEED!!! im sorry im really intoxicaated and wanted to say what i want to do....if you could figure out how muxch it would cost for an unbreakable small
jump truck and had the parts i could swith out and you cou;d sell the parts im switching for4 maybe we could set something up where we both benifit from let me know if not ill just buy the reg' t1000 in feb' and upgrades from ddm after....i just figured u and i could benifit from my purchase and i get what i want also....hit me up
Old 10-03-2009, 12:19 AM
SAVAGEJIM

You shouldnt type while intoxicated...You should walk it off...And next time, stretch before you type!

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a zero maintenance RC, no matter how many thousands of USD you throw into it. If you jump it and stuff, you will have to eventually do maintenance such as tighten up screws that loosen or replace them when they fall out, and if the engine mount material is not of good quality materials, you will have to remesh the gears and retigthen the screws to the engine mount pieces, or even replace the mount pieces if they wear out beyond a certain point.

And also bearings. When crap gets into them, they eventualy become gritty and you will have to replace them at a certain point. Some bearings will last longer than others, but sooner or later, tall bearings will need to be replaced, even the high quality ones (although, the high quality ones will last considerably longer than cheap bearings).

Some RCs natrually need less maintenance, than others, but sooner or later they will need some sort of maintenance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.