Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Old 01-16-2012, 08:01 PM
DanLC4
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Hey guys... it's Dan again. Just wanted to let you know the new models are in stock.

Some interesting things to note... now there is a KM nylon 30.5cc buggy. A nice light, strong and fast option.

The special edition KM 3.0 that I stock now has the crazy CNC EX aluminum... plus it has the three piece trans case for ease replacement... killer!

And the T2000 4WD is back ... they ran out quick last time. Very fun! :-)

Got the basic 23cc and the 30.5cc models...

Also I have the special edition KM2.0... somewhere between the basic and the 3.0... afordable.

I'm going to list them here on RCU shortly, also, will list them on my ebay store. King Motor RC (user DanLC4)

If you are having trouble deciding on the model, here is a comparison chart.

* Indicates that these features are usually not found on other sellers models and are only available on King Motor RC Special Edition Models.

King Motor Special Edition Models KSRC-001 KSRC-002 KSRC-002 TX KM Rev 2 Speed KM 2.0 KM 3.0 2 Speed T1000 2 Speed T2000 4wd
KM Overall Comments Entry Level Light and Basic Light andStrong Light and Fast Strong Ultimate Aluminum Fast 4WD
Vehicle Type Buggy Buggy Buggy Buggy Buggy Buggy Truck Truck
Mechanical & Electronics

Engine

23cc 30.5cc 30.5cc 30.5cc 30.5cc 30.5cc 30.5cc 30.5cc

2 Speed

Yes Yes Yes

33KG Steering Servo

Yes* Yes* Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

15KG Throttle Servo

3000 mah Battery

Yes* Yes* Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes 4800 mah

New 2.4 Ghz Radio (3 Channel)

LED Lights

Yes*

8000 RPM clutch

Aluminum

New Aluminum Heavy Duty Front Bumper

Yes*

New Aluminum Heavy Duty Rear Bumper

Yes* Yes*

New Heavy Duty Extra Thick Front Upper Plate

Yes* Yes* Yes* Yes* Yes* Yes*

New Heavy Duty Extra Thick Rear Upper Plate

Yes* Yes* Yes* Yes* Yes* Yes*

New STUNNING QUALITY (CNC) aluminum rims, wheel nuts and beadlocks

Yes*

Aluminum wheel extenders

Yes* Yes* Yes* Yes* Yes*

Piggy Back Reservoir shock caps

Yes*

New HD vented clutch bell with 6mm Pinion bolt

Yes Yes Yes

New EX CNCAluminum A-Arms

Yes* Yes*

New EX CNC Front and Rear Aluminum hubs

Yes*

New EX CNC Aluminum shock brace

Yes* Yes*

New EX CNC Aluminum shock towers

Yes* Yes*

New EX CNC Aluminum quick change transmission

Yes*

Aluminum clutch housing

Yes* Yes Yes Yes* Yes

Aluminum Air filter

Yes Yes

Aluminum Alloy Differential case

Chrome Plated Aluminum chassis

Yes* Yes*

Other

New Air Filter and Pull Start Covers

Yes* Yes* Yes* Yes* Yes*

New Strong Dye-able Nylon

Yes

Performance Exhaust Pipe

All Terrain Tires

Yes* Yes* Yes* Yes* Yes* Knobby Yes

Chrome steel roll cage

Yes* Yes Yes Yes Yes

Old 02-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Paron34
My Feedback: (1)

Are the T1000 and 2000s clones of the HPI Baja's so I can get parts at my LHS ??
Old 02-06-2012, 04:08 PM
magnum500

correct . i`d say 90% of the parts will transfer from one to the other . all the parts you may break will fit . a-arms stuff like that
Old 02-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Marksv30

hey i have a few questions, how dependable are the 23cc engines compared to the 30.5cc engines?? i want to buy one of these but i dont know which one to get yet.   and are there any dealers in canada selling this buggy yet?
Old 02-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Paron34

Anyone know of the duriblity of the 2.0s the aluminum of the A arms can't seem to find them for cheaper than 800 $...
Old 02-07-2012, 07:43 PM
DarkFire989

Don't waste your money on alloy A arms. Get a good set of plastic RPM ones.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:03 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

Don't waste your money on alloy A arms. Get a good set of plastic RPM ones.
Best advice

Old 02-08-2012, 05:33 AM
Al Morancy

Dudes, 90% is a bit high on what is interchangeable, with the duel shocks and 4wd that alone takes away a lot of interchange of the important stuff, here is a clip of some the stuff I've had to do to make the King a real basher, When I first got it, it couldn't take even the smallest of jumps, nothing man. That's all changed now. This rig is a bad mother. No kidding I have a Losi 5-T and I love it. It's rock solid out of the box, I've had that in the air big time and haven't broke anything yet, and it's modded too, Jetpro pipe TR clutch system, but the point is smaller motor in the 5 but it will take off the line faster due to the hard drive train I think, but this king will fly, I'll be making some vids today on my track to test out the mill, when the top fails I'll put the OBR big bore kit in it. nothing fancy with this clip just a tour of the truck.

Let me know what you think guys, thanks..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wze6_pskUcQ[/youtube]
Old 02-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Johnnysplits

ORIGINAL: Flatline74

What spark plug does the 30.5cc motor use? I was assuming I can use the NGK CMR7H but just want to make sure. And if there is a better plug to be running I would like to know.
I know this post is old, but Ijust caught it. Yes, here are some other spark plug options for you to experiment with: NGK-CMR8H, CR7HIX, CR8HIX
Denso IUF22, IUF24
Now if you wanted to stay with the less expensive plugs, you can always do the "side gap" trick to get a bit more performance out of them. Another thing you can do is get an indexing kit so you can index the plug. It's been proven to work in other engines so im sure something can be gained on these little engines. Im ordering the indexing kit today along with a denso IUF22 plug and then the experiments will begin.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:50 PM
magnum500

ORIGINAL: Johnnysplits

What spark plug does the 30.5cc motor use? I was assuming I can use the NGK CMR7H but just want to make sure. And if there is a better plug to be running I would like to know.
I know this post is old, but I just caught it. Yes, here are some other spark plug options for you to experiment with: NGK-CMR8H, CR7HIX, CR8HIX
Denso IUF22, IUF24
Now if you wanted to stay with the less expensive plugs, you can always do the ''side gap'' trick to get a bit more performance out of them. Another thing you can do is get an indexing kit so you can index the plug. It's been proven to work in other engines so im sure something can be gained on these little engines. Im ordering the indexing kit today along with a denso IUF22 plug and then the experiments will begin.
great idea !! keep us or at least me posted
Old 02-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Johnnysplits

ORIGINAL: magnum500

ORIGINAL: Johnnysplits

I know this post is old, but Ijust caught it. Yes, here are some other spark plug options for you to experiment with: NGK-CMR8H, CR7HIX, CR8HIX
Denso IUF22, IUF24
Now if you wanted to stay with the less expensive plugs, you can always do the ''side gap'' trick to get a bit more performance out of them. Another thing you can do is get an indexing kit so you can index the plug. It's been proven to work in other engines so im sure something can be gained on these little engines. Im ordering the indexing kit today along with a denso IUF22 plug and then the experiments will begin.
great idea !! keep us or at least me posted
will do!!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Paron34

Ohh no way would i get the T2000 If i was gonna spend 1100 I probably get the 5t with another 400 dollars ....I'm really looking at the KM 2.0 and the T1000 I was just curious how the aluminum is on them... is it 6065 ?? the closest Hobby shop has parts for the Baja so does Hobby town USA were I work. Should I just get KM Rev 2 and buy RPM arms ??? kinda wondering what you guys think.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:51 AM
Al Morancy

The only reason I got the t2000 is I'm a 4x4 guy, The 5ive wasn't out yet, I'm running both of them now,  The King compared to the 5ive isn't a fair fight for sure, two different worlds.  I just noticed that this thread was for the baja type trucks, sorry about that, I'll get over to a 4x4 section. Good luck brothers. bash on.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Paron34

Such conflicting reports on these .... I seem to think that their basically the same for the most part as HPI "which btw I love their Firestorm Line and LOATH the Savages complete ****" ..Save the A-arms and quilty control at KM. Ive almost hit the botton the T1000 about 100 times now please someone give me some good Advice. Also how much is it for a complete set of RPMs A-arms front and back ???
Old 02-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Johnnysplits

ORIGINAL: Paron34
how much is it for a complete set of RPMs A-arms front and back ???
About $92
Old 02-09-2012, 06:25 PM
devo208

I'm back Super fast Kick A** O'neills Brothers Racing 30.5 4bolt zen. fully ported racing engine. Took the onroad drag title Deathrowboyz rc racing club Philadelphia, Pa. http://youtu.be/K-zMxQpqSkc http://youtu.be/oN-r_7SwOEk
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30196.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	1725183  
Old 02-09-2012, 06:35 PM
devo208

Here's some more of what us Deathrowboyz- Philly r/c puts together in Philly http://youtu.be/X-aBNAiwPSY http://youtu.be/FchwiPInJ34
Old 02-09-2012, 06:49 PM
devo208

deathrowboyz at it again http://youtu.be/J3pNH9lybbE http://youtu.be/Hk3pdFjRNkA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63753.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	1725188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42694.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	1725189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83558.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1725190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31148.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1725191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12037.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1725192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51245.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	1725193  
Old 02-09-2012, 06:51 PM
magnum500

Such conflicting reports on these .... I seem to think that their basically the same for the most part as HPI ''which btw I love their Firestorm Line and LOATH the Savages complete ****'' ..Save the A-arms and quilty control at KM. Ive almost hit the botton the T1000 about 100 times now please someone give me some good Advice. Also how much is it for a complete set of RPMs A-arms front and back ???
i`ve never owned a hpi so for me to say they are equall would only be speculation. but i`ve owned mine for three years now with no real troubles at all . i don`t bash the crap out of it but i do run the crap out of it . i`ve only broke the brace up front that holds the a arms . bent a shock shaft an tore up some cv boots . take a look at devo`s vids he has some bashing . another member here bbuzzard has i think three or four of these . it is a tough pill to swallow the heafty price tag , i was in the same boat on the purchase . but it was worth the coin . i think it matters who you buy from too . i bought mine from danlc4 here on rcu . in the end its your cash your call
Old 02-09-2012, 08:42 PM
willclark77
My Feedback: (2)

Such conflicting reports on these .... I seem to think that their basically the same for the most part as HPI "which btw I love their Firestorm Line and LOATH the Savages complete ****" ..Save the A-arms and quilty control at KM. Ive almost hit the botton the T1000 about 100 times now please someone give me some good Advice. Also how much is it for a complete set of RPMs A-arms front and back ???
I typed you a whole bunch only for it to fail. One day I'llremember to copy and paste.

Which one are you wanting to know about? I've had km, hpi, and rovan bajas. The last one I bought was a t1000 ss. It has been, by far, the best rc I have ever owned. I've never seen the new t2000, so I can't comment on it. Whiohever you get, I'd suggest putting back at least $200ish for the things that go wrong for no apparent reason. I've had servos go out within a few tanks, shocks leaking out of the box, engine fail. You'll also have plenty of down time waiting on parts to arrive until you've built up a stock pile of A arms, shock mounts, clutches, tie rods, hubs, and all the small things you break most often.

This t1000 ss has an elcon clutch, zen rc290 4 bolt engine, killer bee, hitec steering servo, custom built aluminum battery box, and some other stuff I can't think of right now. It is the first rc I've ever had that isn't returned home in pieces after a bashing. Mine are well maintainned. I don't abuse any of mine, but I don't not do something because I'm afraid to break it. If I want to launch it off a 15ft cliff I do so. If something breaks, oh well. As hard as we bash this one rarely breaks andwe usually run out of time, fuel, or sunlight with nothin needed but a hosing off and filter cleaned before the next run. I will be gettin my ole lady one of her on this summer.

http://youtu.be/tHGnj9-IWIc

Same one, just in b clothes.

http://youtu.be/duuPCK0Io8M

Al, the km line has grown so much that I don't think anyone would care about the 4x4 stuff being in here. I like it. Easy one stop place for km info.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Paron34

Really its kinda hard to choose cause I was gonna get the KM 2.0 but 99% of the time I can get a HPI Baja Kit for the same price , Radio wouldn't matter since ill put my Radiopost in it instantly. And from what Ive heard I would have to put in a new steering servo instantly... very hard decision.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Paron34

This guy seems to hate Everything Kingmotor ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86bU4eLhm1I justgregg100 hes replacing everything .... is that what I'm gonna have to do with a King Motor
Old 02-11-2012, 03:37 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy seems to hate Everything Kingmotor ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86bU4eLhm1I justgregg100 hes replacing everything .... is that what I'm gonna have to do with a King Motor
It seems that's what that dude had to deal with...then he spends $650 on a OBR motor to put in something he doesn't trust will last....hmmmm

BTW, I would put RPM arms on a Baja right after the servo upgrades. I've had mine for over two years running.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Paron34

These 1/5 scale are actually cheaper than my 1/8 caster F8T HK was "Truck 7075 aluminum 400$" "Tekin 1900Khv ESC/Motor 330$" ""JR Steering Servo 150$"RadioPost Radio 330$" Bulldog Body, Body Paint,3 and 4 mm countersink washers etc etc 100$ at the start. So that's 1310$ from the start either a Km 2.0 or T100 would be 400 dollars cheaper from the start + Id buy RPM A arms and back up steering servo and good down payment on a new motor.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:28 PM
magnum500

did you ever buy one paron ???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.