Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Old 12-26-2010, 02:39 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

I dig the grey plastics
Old 12-26-2010, 02:41 PM
magnum500

ORIGINAL: srt10

I dig the grey plastics
+1 to that .
Old 12-26-2010, 04:46 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dig the grey plastics
+2 on that!

Old 12-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Tumtuk
My Feedback: (1)

Yep I love the looks. Ordered sand tires for it too cant wait to hit the dunes with it. We shall see how the servos hold up, I think I will be replacing them with a Hitec steering and Savox ultra torque throttle/brake servo. The Savox servo should be adaquate for the front brakes I plan to add as well.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:12 PM
countstevula

anybody have the two speed t1000?

also....there is an ad on ebay for a t2000 short course truck....?????? any one else see that??
Old 12-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Baja Junkie

I just had a look for the short course truck, but couldn't find it, could you post up a link?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:00 PM
countstevula

on eBay..... item # 190483663478 or search for "2011 upgrade km". $1188 +299 shipping from Singapore.....don't recognize the seller......maybe clone of a clone?
ORIGINAL: Baja Junkie

I just had a look for the short course truck, but couldn't find it, could you post up a link?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:38 AM
devo208

@countstevula- i seen HPI has a new 1/5 scale short course check it out at www.hpiracing.com
Old 12-27-2010, 12:22 PM
countstevula

Yeah, i saw the hpi one too......i have a feeling those will be the new standards at the tracks
Old 12-28-2010, 10:04 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: devo208

@countstevula- i seen HPI has a new 1/5 scale short course check it out at www.hpiracing.com
I love the size of the body
Old 12-29-2010, 01:28 PM
DanLC4
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: devo208

@danLc4- imma need a 2 speed around the 1st. of jan. I got your number but u never return my calls. so how do i get intouch with u.
I am so sorry... I am trying to get my head above water after the holiday sales... these buggies are so popular now. I use to have time to play with them a little, not anymore. :-(.

Anyway... I have the King Motor 2 speed in stock seperatly. I have plenty in stock. Try emailing me, I work 24 hours and sometimes it is easier to answer an email then it is to call.

Thanks. Dan
Old 12-29-2010, 01:30 PM
DanLC4

Wow!
awesome prices Dan, makes me want to order another buggy from you
The quality has improved so much from the time you got yours... I keep at them to improve it. :-)

Dan
Old 12-29-2010, 01:34 PM
DanLC4

ORIGINAL: Tumtuk

I recieved my KM baja from Dan just before Christmas and I must say I am impressed! I was worried about the clones and researched them alot before buying one. I am glad I bought it from Dan!

Here is what I found with my buggie. Everything was, for the most part, perfect! There were a couple things that needed to be addressed before I fired it up and ran it but they cant be attributed to Dan, they were just setup problems.

1) The steering was centered using just the sub trim (the servo horn wasent centered) easy fix, zeroed all the trims, centered servo and moved horn.
2) The steering links on the servo horn and sterring turn buckles where a bit loose, tighten them up np
3) With the tuned pipe installed the rear wing would sit on the pipe when mounted, again easy fix installed a couple of rubber washers in between wing and mounts to lift it up off the pipe. Can not tell they are there and looks great.

Other that those, everything looks perfect and after a few warm-up runs I tuned the carb and the thing screams! I have some parts on order now to upgrade fuel lines,all outerwears covers for pull start engine and air filter and upgraded air filter (the stock ones are so much of a PITA to remove and install).

One thing Dan, the little cd that came with the kit was cracked lol cant play it. It isnt a problem but I am thinking it shows more about the radio settings. If anyone can post something that shows all the settings on the radio

Here are a few pics.
Looks good! I wish everyone would go over their buggies better before they ran it... I would save me a lot of grief. :-)
I can send you another cd... no problem just email me your address.
when you are ready get the dom clone pipe from me for $50... it will give your 23cc a kick. :-)

Thanks for the great feedback.

Dan
Old 12-29-2010, 01:37 PM
DanLC4

ORIGINAL: countstevula

also....there is an ad on ebay for a t2000 short course truck....?????? any one else see that??
Neither the Rovan nor the King Motor has released the short course truck. Trust me I know. So... careful when you order... you just don't know what you are going to get... There are a lot of scams out there.

I will have the T1000ss :-) which is the aluminum truck with the bug body in April... really cool. It's like the 3.0 + truck + bug body.

King Motor also has the T2000 which is the 4wd truck. I actually have a sample of it. It isn't quite there... It need a little more engine... King Motor is coming out of a lot of new models. It is very interesting. Amazing how competition is creating better things for the consumers... It's working just like it is suppose to. :-)

Dan
Old 12-29-2010, 01:38 PM
DanLC4

on eBay..... item # 190483663478 or search for ''2011 upgrade km''. $1188 + 299 shipping from Singapore.....don't recognize the seller......maybe clone of a clone?

Please don't order from Singapore... I had a lot of customers get ripped off.

Dan
Old 12-29-2010, 03:11 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: DanLC4

on eBay..... item # 190483663478 or search for ''2011 upgrade km''. $1188 + 299 shipping from Singapore.....don't recognize the seller......maybe clone of a clone?

Dan
And one was me! [:@]
Old 12-29-2010, 03:13 PM
srt10

Neither the Rovan nor the King Motor has released the short course truck. Trust me I know. So... careful when you order... you just don't know what you are going to get... There are a lot of scams out there.

I will have the T1000ss :-) which is the aluminum truck with the bug body in April... really cool. It's like the 3.0 + truck + bug body.

King Motor also has the T2000 which is the 4wd truck. I actually have a sample of it. It isn't quite there... It need a little more engine... King Motor is coming out of a lot of new models. It is very interesting. Amazing how competition is creating better things for the consumers... It's working just like it is suppose to. :-)

Dan
Do you have any pictures Dan of these new cars?
it could help me decide if I'm buying again
Old 12-29-2010, 05:01 PM
countstevula

Dan
srt10 - was it an ebay transaction or was it from some alibaba (shady) or ioffer website ?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:04 PM
magnum500

Dan
srt10 - was it an ebay transaction or was it from some alibaba (shady) or ioffer website ?
i`d stay away from that stuff . singapore .......i just hate buying stuff that would take me 10 hrs of flight time to square up with a scammer your cash your call
Old 12-29-2010, 06:47 PM
srt10

Dan
Bingo! [:@]
Old 12-29-2010, 07:05 PM
DanLC4

This is the T1000ss which I will be selling in April
Old 12-30-2010, 01:57 PM
sparky 25

Some pics of the t1000ss

http://www.kingmotor.cn/carshow9.asp

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jh14982.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1539890  
Old 12-30-2010, 05:23 PM
srt10

I like it!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:25 PM
RockeePetrolHead

Hi all, newby to RC Universe but many years with Heli's and 1/8 nitro buggys. So as this thread is about KM buggies just thought I would let you all know what I have Bought and the experience of the car so far.
New KM 2.0 delivered from UK seller 3 days ago,after a good look through the buggy I was very pleased at the changes that have been made (changes with reference to the problems I have noted in this thread/site) ,so I have made a quick list of things that are of note:

Pull start mechanism on my model is made from aluminium with aluminium pawls,aluminium diff cases,lots of lovely aluminium,2.4 GHZ radio set up.
 Steering servo was not correctly centred,just adjusted radio and reset horn position.
 Nut's and bolts's generally tight but lost four screws from front lower A arm bearing holders,replace/loctite.
Engine is the 29cc Fuelie engine,I am a bit confusd about this,is fuelie a brand or type of engine? as this head/barrel also has KM cast onto it. 

First start up 25:1 ratio oil/fuel, 3 pulls and huge grin as the realisation occured that this size engine has the smell and sound of a 2 stroke MX bike,love it!!!
Day one saw 2 tanks of fuel through it and I could feel the engine making more power all the time as it loosened up,at the end of tank 2 did some low and high end tuning on the carb screws.
Day two and after a total check of all bolts etc all good to go,ran a full tank adjusted high end a little and let her rip, absolute blast!!

For the money that these buggies sell for I honestly think that the value for money is superb, I love the size of the whole 1/5 scale scene and cant wait for decent weather to get to a local MX track.

It is only because of this thread that I was averted from buying the HPI version,and thanks to all of the people of this forum who put in both positive and negative input into this thread I am now very happy with what I have purchased,the KM suits what I do at the right price and is a quality item, some parts are not as good as the HPI but who cares when you have £300 UK pounds left over to play with.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Tumtuk
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: RockeePetrolHead

Hi all, newby to RC Universe but many years with Heli's and 1/8 nitro buggys. So as this thread is about KM buggies just thought I would let you all know what I have Bought and the experience of the car so far.
New KM 2.0 delivered from UK seller 3 days ago,after a good look through the buggy I was very pleased at the changesthat have been made (changes with referenceto the problems I have noted in this thread/site) ,so I have made a quick list of things that are of note:

Pull start mechanism on my model is made from aluminium with aluminium pawls,aluminium diff cases,lots of lovely aluminium,2.4 GHZ radio set up.
Steering servo was not correctly centred,just adjusted radio and reset horn position.
Nut's and bolts's generally tight but lost four screws from front lower A arm bearing holders,replace/loctite.
Engine is the 29cc Fuelie engine,I am a bit confusd about this,is fuelie a brand or type ofengine? as this head/barrel also has KM cast onto it.

First start up 25:1 ratio oil/fuel, 3 pulls and huge grin as the realisation occured that this size engine has the smell and sound of a 2 stroke MX bike,love it!!!
Day one saw 2 tanks of fuel through it and I could feel the engine making more power all the time as it loosened up,at the end of tank 2 did some low and high end tuning on the carb screws.
Day two and after a total check of all bolts etc all good to go,ran a full tank adjusted high end a little and let her rip, absolute blast!!

For the money that these buggies sell for I honestly think that the value for money is superb, I love the size of the whole 1/5 scale scene and cant wait for decent weather to get to a local MX track.

It is only because of this thread that I was averted from buying the HPI version,and thanks to all of the people of this forumwho put in both positive and negative input into this threadI am now very happy with what I have purchased,the KM suits what I do at the right price and is a quality item, some parts are not as good as the HPI but who cares when you have £300 UK pounds left over to play with.

The motor is made by KM, not sure on reliability yet but it starts and runs good on mine. "fuelie" I think is just a name HPI put on the engines for the 5B/T and I am sure that these engines are just copies of the HPIbranded motor.

I have found that the plastics might just be a bit more brittle on these than on the HPI but I will be replacing most of the plastic that will normally take a beating with either aluminum or RPM parts so it isn't that big of a concern.

If you could have afforded the HPI, I would have said get it instead. I just couldn't put out that much cash at one time on a toy, my wife would have killed me. For those that cant drop $1k these buggies are just the ticket to get into a 1/5 scale gas RC and the quality is , for the most part, on par with the HPI branded buggies.

I say "branded" a lot here because I am not convinced that HPI actually makes any of the buggies. They may or may not have done the R&D on them but I can almost guarantee they are made in a plant in china right along side these

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.