Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Old 01-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Baja Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

I love the T1000 (truck),but I have a KM 2.0 (buggy)I didn't buy the truck originally because the bodies were very expensive to replace, don't get me wrong I still love my buggy.
What I would love to do is, one day, be able to convert to the truck body!!! I could now, but here is Australia, I think the kit is around $200.
What I would do now, if I had my time over, is buy the truck first, as it's easier and way cheaper to convert to the buggy from the truck, rather than via versa.
Hope that helps, cheers Lee.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Baja Junkie

Hey guys, I just recieved my Turtle Racing Quick Diff Transmission from DDM.
Is it possible, or has anyone tried fitting a KM 2.0 diff and trans into the Quick Diff or do I need to build a complete new diff and trans?
Thanks, Lee.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:28 PM
magnum500

ORIGINAL: marlinjames

ive been told to watch out for clones of clones. what are some good websites to order off of?
there is a seller here his handle danlc4 , have a look .if my memory serves me correct he checks each vehicle over before it gets shipped . thats who i dealt with and i`d deal with him again and again .
Old 01-20-2011, 07:19 PM
marlinjames

thanks ill look him up. i think i found him on ebay actaully.
so whats the big difference between the truck and the buggy? i thought they were the same except the body
Old 01-20-2011, 07:51 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Baja Junkie

Hey guys, I just recieved my Turtle Racing Quick Diff Transmission from DDM.
Is it possible, or has anyone tried fitting a KM 2.0 diff and trans into the Quick Diff or do I need to build a complete new diff and trans?
Thanks, Lee.
It should fit since the quick diff has the same dimensions as the regular diff...

Old 01-21-2011, 04:10 PM
magnum500

thanks ill look him up. i think i found him on ebay actaully.
so whats the big difference between the truck and the buggy? i thought they were the same except the body
i think the only differance is the tires are a bit bigger in diameter and the added plastic parts around the chasis . there may be others but thats all i can think of .
Old 01-22-2011, 07:14 AM
molver

Another good seller of these buggies is Heat Hobby on ebay, I got mine for 475 USD, free shipping, I would buy from him again anytime, he also has great customer service, a part broke and he sent a free one priority mail.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 AM
countstevula

i second that....had a great experience with this seller. I have heard a lot about DanLC4 on here though, Ithink one member on here even met him in person when he bought his.
ORIGINAL: molver

Another good seller of these buggies is Heat Hobby on ebay, I got mine for 475 USD, free shipping, I would buy from him again anytime, he also has great customer service, a part broke and he sent a free one priority mail.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:53 AM
marlinjames

i cant seem to find heat hobby on ebay. i think i talked to dan and he cant get what i want till april. the truck with the 30.5 motor
Old 01-22-2011, 10:58 AM
countstevula

on ebay search item #280585377422 then you can click on his store link. Don't think he has any trucks listed at the moment

i cant seem to find heat hobby on ebay. i think i talked to dan and he cant get what i want till april. the truck with the 30.5 motor
Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 AM
marlinjames

perfect thanks. i sent him a message asking when he may be getting trucks in
Old 01-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Baja Junkie

I wouldn't be worried about waiting for the 30.5cc, the 29cc makes plenty of power.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 PM
oldbugs
My Feedback: (16)

Anyone know if you can get the baja bug body they show on the new T 2000??  Just the body. Thanks

Old 01-22-2011, 09:32 PM
marlinjames

www.rcs-racinglive.com and go to the hop up parts
Old 01-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Tumtuk
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: magnum500

ive been told to watch out for clones of clones. what are some good websites to order off of?
there is a seller here his handle danlc4 , have a look .if my memory serves me correct he checks each vehicle over before it gets shipped . thats who i dealt with and i`d deal with him again and again .
I would recomend Dan (danlc4) as I bought my KM from him and it was perfect when I got it. Ihave seen heathobbys on ebay and looked at thier buggy before deciding on Dan. They have a good rating yet I got more for my money with dan, my buggy came with painted body, tuned pipe and the better tires for the cost of shipping alone. The difference I see is that Dan charges shipping were heathobbies does not yet you get over $100 in parts for the $40 in shipping with Dan and Ican assure you he checks them out before shipping them.

Here are some new pics after a few upgrades to my KM:

Old 01-24-2011, 07:34 AM
devo208

Dan is the man
Old 01-24-2011, 07:38 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: countstevula

on eBay..... item # 190483663478 or search for ''2011 upgrade km''. $1188 + 299 shipping from Singapore.....don't recognize the seller......maybe clone of a clone?

I just had a look for the short course truck, but couldn't find it, could you post up a link?
Thanks for the link, but man, that T2000 has to be one of the ugliest things on 4 wheels, (don't get me wrong I love my KM 2.0) on the other hand the HPI Short Course Truck looks trick!!!

Yeah Danlc4 some of us cannot wait any longer that baja 5sc doe look trick out man.... So drive on over to china and get those baja 5sc clone's, we will finish breeding them to life here in the states on our under ground CLONED track. LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 08:39 AM
aluminum crusher

Has anyone got a video of the KM 2speed running all out if so please post a link to it . Thanks
Old 01-24-2011, 08:43 AM
magnum500

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

Has anyone got a video of the KM 2speed running all out if so please post a link to it . Thanks
i stumbled across one on youtube
Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 AM
aluminum crusher

Please post the link to it or give me the name of it. Thanks
Old 01-24-2011, 08:49 AM
magnum500

i`ll try to find it .
Old 01-24-2011, 08:53 AM
aluminum crusher

i`ll try to find it .
OK HURRY UP I need it like yesterday Just joking...Thanks
Old 01-24-2011, 03:07 PM
bigchild
My Feedback: (25)

hi i just have to say dan is the guy to buy from.i bought a rovan terminator from him and he backs up what he sells.i had a defective engine shroud and sent him pictures and he sent me the part right away.also my front chassis broke and he sent me a replacement right away.i also bought a buggy from heat hobby and after only a week it had a bad diff and a bad switch and broken rear dogbone.they sent me a switch and did nothing else for me.they just said they were sorry to hear about my problems with the buggy.since then i have put enough money in it i could have bought a new hpi baja instead.i wish i would have bought the buggy from dan like i did my truck.dan is the guy to buy from.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Tumtuk
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: bigchild

hi i just have to say dan is the guy to buy from.i bought a rovan terminator from him and he backs up what he sells.i had a defective engine shroud and sent him pictures and he sent me the part right away.also my front chassis broke and he sent me a replacement right away.i also bought a buggy from heat hobby and after only a week it had a bad diff and a bad switch and broken rear dogbone.they sent me a switch and did nothing else for me.they just said they were sorry to hear about my problems with the buggy.since then i have put enough money in it i could have bought a new hpi baja instead.i wish i would have bought the buggy from dan like i did my truck.dan is the guy to buy from.
Yes, that is the other thing I forgot about the buggy I got from Dan. It had the alloy diff as well.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Coopz

Just for the record, I've had my KM 3.0 for 5 months and have not bent or broken a single part and the engine is still going strong on the original plug Just the pullstarter had to be replaced, meh $20...
Blinged it up, will get a new pipe soon, the SS clone pipe is far to loud for suburban use.

Just need to clear up something, is the KM a clone? I was talking to the local HPI importer the other day and he said HPI bought the design off KM as both buggies appeared on the market within a 2 months or so, far to soon to clone a complex model car down to the last nut and bolt. (yes a HPI person sticking up for a rival brand)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.