Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:17 PM
DanLC4
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Hey guys... sorry I haven' had time to post on this forum. It has been crazy busy for me.

Judging from the posts it looks like some people are having better luck than others when they get their KMs. Like I always say, not all models from King Motor are created equal. All the buyers get their models custom made. Some buyers cheap out to give you he best bottom dollar buggy. So do your homework before you buy, reall compare the features. It is getting hard to do this now, KM has a lot of models now.

I did a comparison chart to help people make a decision and really compare apples to apples. These are King Motor RC Special Edition Models that only I carry. All the items with the * are the features that I have custom installed on my models. I tried to install things that really make a difference. Alloy differential, best servos that KM has, extra heavy duty upper plates, better radio, etc.

If you have questions or just need some advice email me. I am about to post some of these here on RCU.

Oh yeah... check out the KM T2000 4WD truck.... crazy! I have parts for it too.

Dan (DanLC4 - King Motor RC)
Old 10-08-2011, 09:26 PM
DanLC4
My Feedback: (9)

* Indicates that these features are usually not found on other sellers models and are only available on King Motor RC Special Edition Models.
King Motor Special Edition ModelsKSRC-001KSRC-002KM Rev 2 SpeedKM 2.0KM 3.0 2 SpeedT1000ssT1000 2 SpeedT2000 4wd
KM Overall CommentsEntry LevelLight and BasicLight and FastStrongUltimate AluminumStrongFast4WD
Vehicle TypeBuggyBuggyBuggyBuggyBuggyVW Bug TruckTruckTruck
Mechanical & Electronics

Engine

23cc30.5cc30.5cc30.5cc30.5cc30.5cc30.5cc30.5cc

2 Speed

YesYes

33KG Steering Servo

Yes*Yes*YesYesYes Yes YesYes

15KG Throttle Servo

Yes*Yes*YesYesYes Yes YesYes

3000 mah Battery

Yes*Yes*YesYesYesYesYes4800 mah

2.4 Ghz Radio (3 Channel)

Yes*Yes*YesYesYesYesYesYes

LED Lights

Yes*

8000 RPM clutch

Yes*Yes*YesYesYesYesYesYes

Aluminum

New Aluminum Heavy Duty Front Bumper

Yes*

New Aluminum Heavy Duty Rear Bumper

Yes*Yes*

New Heavy Duty Extra Thick Front Upper Plate

Yes*Yes*Yes*Yes*Yes*Yes*Yes*

New Heavy Duty Extra Thick Rear Upper Plate

New STUNNING QUALITY (CNC) aluminum rims, wheel nuts and beadlocks

Yes*Yes

Aluminum wheel extenders

Piggy Back Reservoir shock caps

Yes*

New HD vented clutch bell with 6mm Pinion bolt

YesYes

Aluminum A-Arms

YesYesYes

Front and Rear Aluminum hubs

YesYes

Aluminum shock towers

YesYes Rear Only

Aluminum shock tower supports

YesYes

Aluminum transmission

Yes Yes

Aluminum clutch housing

Yes*YesYes Yes Yes*Yes

Aluminum Air filter

Yes Yes Yes

Aluminum Alloy Differential case

Yes* Yes* Yes YesYes Yes Yes Yes

Chrome Plated Aluminum chassis

Yes*Yes*

Other

Performance Exhaust Pipe

Yes*Yes*YesYesYesYes Yes Yes

All Terrain Tires

Yes*Yes*Yes*Yes*Yes*Knobby Knobby Yes

Chrome steel roll cage

Yes*YesYes

Old 10-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Flatline74

I just bought a KM Baja 2.0 Aluminum from Dan. It ships out tomorrow! Hands down the best deal I have found anywhere on the internet! I am afraid the wife is going to make me wait for Christmas to actually un-box it.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:42 PM
morespeed

you'll be able to open it. you just have to get some flowers and a diamond ring that's all. SO chop chop hurry up . not much time it will be here. lol
oh yeah, better do dinner too. hehe
Old 10-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Flatline74

Yea, I wish it would be that easy for me lol. She just doesn't understand, its going to be a long 2 months!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Al Morancy

I just joined here to research the King Motor T2000, I've been looking at a 1/5 scale for some time now, got 10 nitro and electric monster trucks and SCR's I love to wrench on these things and have HPI, Traxxas, and AE, the clone topic is interesting, made me look at things in a new light,  I think if I choose to spend over a grand on a truck it's my choice as to who I buy from, I don't think there is any issue with a company hopping up a truck and putting their name on it,  This review was very helpful to me and I'm glad I found it.  Thanks.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:10 PM
jamesfouquet
My Feedback: (2)

I may be slightly biased but this what I think http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=795293
Old 11-03-2011, 12:30 PM
magnum500

i`m not sure what you are thinking .
Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Constonce

Ive been looking at picking up a Nutech Thunderbolt II then I spotted the King Motors Baja. Is there anyone out there who has experience with both that can give me a good comparison? 
Besides the 4wd and the obvious price difference.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:19 PM
jamesfouquet

What I am thinking is:

KM has some good and some bad parts.  The hardware sucks, motors are joke, plastic is weaker

HPI has some good and bad.  2 bolt motors.....why? plastic is stronger than KM but still weak.

Why pay 1000+ for a HPI buggy that your still going to need to upgrade to make it so that every time you run and you pack up its because you ran
out fuel or got tired or did something stupid like run into a pole at 60 mph not because of inferior parts.

that's what the buggy in the link is...durable, light, fast.  It has all the essential time proven upgrades.

If you could find that same buggy all HPI with the same upgrades you could expect to pay around 2 grand, again why?

I have been around HPI's and  KM's for a long time, and realized the advantages of using some of KM's better parts as far building a durable reliable car for less that a "Pure 5b"

And to be honest with you most people cant even tell the difference in them after they have been upgraded

I do realise the price is out of some peoples price range for an rc car (the price is negotiable)but

If you run almost everyday or even every weekend like i do you have will have  spent $1500.00 -$1600.00 dollars car included in no time just replacing all the weak links in the  "armour" of a HPI or KM, and in the end you will have something similar to the buggy in the link.  not to mention the stress of having to fix your car all the time.

of course this is RC and anything can be broke but the right combo of parts it is far less likely.

I run that exact same car and all I do is clean it off and keep an eye on the bearings, replace a ring every 5 gallons or so.

IMO it the way they should make them from the factory.

That what I am think...you make think its crazy but it makes sense to me..

Old 11-03-2011, 04:32 PM
magnum500

nope.... its clear . i just thought you where another one of those pro hpi guys saying this is the way it should be no others are acceptable ,and shame shame for trying to save a buck in such times of economic despair . for some the import is the only way into the big scale .for me i wanted to get into it but the heafty price tag was a bit too extreme for me to justify , especially if it was going to be a possible shelf queen .
Old 11-03-2011, 04:38 PM
jamesfouquet

I hear you on the price tag and it doesnt end with the purchace of a car. largescale is an expensive hobby if run alot.

I used to a "HPI" knuclhead but after being around the clones I have changed my mind.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Flatline74

I am looking forward to checking out the King Motor when Christmas rolls around. I have only had one contact with a HPI Baja owned by a friend of my. I am not at all impressed with his. Problem after problem,. We are hoping to get it going to Christmas to be able to bash together. All RC have there problems, believe me during my nitro days I wanted to toss them in the lake. I owned a FG Baja Pro which is considered up there in quality, had problems like all the others.

Point being I have read nothing that is in concrete "fact" that King Motor is inferior to anything else out there! Long live King Motors. They are good for the hobby along with all the other manufacturers. This is an exciting time for the hobby!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:47 AM
Flatline74

What spark plug does the 30.5cc motor use? I was assuming I can use the NGK CMR7H but just want to make sure. And if there is a better plug to be running I would like to know.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Baja_Matt

Its funny, I used to hate clones but I couldn t justify spending $1100 on the HPI car so I bought a King Motors KSRC-001. It is a great buggy for the most part. KM needs better quality control but thats what you get when you arent paying people alot of money to build stuff, they simply dont care about quality, they only see quantity.

I now LOVE my King Motor car. Yes, I have dumped some money into upgrades. The 23cc motor is now a 29cc. The stock "HPI SS Pipe" is gone, its junk! I replaced it with a Integy "Afterburner" pipe, I have changed to the HPI Dirt Buster front tires, Proline Badlands in the rear, Proline Desert Rat body and undertray (get the undertray, your car will stay ALOT cleaner!)

So is the Integy Afterburner a clone of the Bartolone pipe? Yep but as with the buggy, its cheaper and its the same. Bartolone Afterburner is $200, the Integy Afterburner is $70, which would you choose??? I can attest to the Integy pipe running very well. I used the stock SS pipe for 2 tanks after I put the 29cc kit in then switched to the Integy pipe, what a difference! It has more bottom end punch, the top end power seems to feel the same and it is QUIETER than the SS pipe!!!

Old 11-24-2011, 05:42 AM
magnum500

check out daves discount motors has a sale on . i just picked up a dominator pipe for 89.00 . not bad considering they are reg 149.00
Old 11-24-2011, 08:22 AM
lawnman36

the only thing i dont like about clones is km does nothing to promote the hobby but on the other hand it was a clone that got me hooked it was a duratrax fire hammer when it first came out every one raged on it but i have had it a long time now an its been a great car i now have 7 1/5 scales clones an name brands its all about the fun
Old 01-08-2012, 01:04 PM
SavageRacing101

Hey guys , i've been looking at these km baja's lately and im wondering where the cheapest place to get it?? ive looking on ebay but there like over $700 there iv'e been told that i can get them for 560 shipped, where?? can you put up a link to a good site right now im looking at these on this website : http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...C-KM1.0/Detail
Old 01-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Flatline74

I bought mine from Dan on Ebay, but it looks like he is out of the lower priced ones. I did find these http://www.ebay.com/itm/King-Motor-1...ht_4816wt_1139
Old 01-08-2012, 05:47 PM
SavageRacing101

Thanks for the link i was about to buy one for 668.. THANKS A MILLION im goin to buy it in a bit then do unboxing vids and break in and stuff like that
Old 01-08-2012, 09:05 PM
SavageRacing101

Hey guys o got another question, should i get a 29cc or a 23cc im really stuck on this one is there a lot of diffrece?? like i can get it from this one website that can sell it with a 29cc or i go on ebay and just get the 23cc, i will be running a resintor pipe on either one so?? what should i do?? should i go big or is 23cc enough??
Old 01-09-2012, 06:46 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was pulling 43mph with the stock 23cc and stock gears. I say run what you got  and when it's time to upgrade the motor, put in at least a 26cc Zenoah and you will be able to upgrade to a larger displacement later on.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:00 AM
x Wild Bill x

I would stay away from Engage Hobbies, never heard a positive story about them...
Old 01-09-2012, 12:36 PM
SavageRacing101

thats what i thought  cause i heard there motors dont last long either so when i blow it ill get one from ddm or cc motors like go massive , like a 30.5
Old 01-09-2012, 01:39 PM
SavageRacing101

Well the bid ended on the KM i found this for the same price 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/26cc-Rovan-1...#ht_6868wt_952 i know ur not supposed to post ebay but this is justifiyed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.