Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Weight in front end of baja 5b?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 04:46 PM
fire_racer17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weight in front end of baja 5b?

[8D]Hey, I own a Baja 5b and I like to jump it a little bit, but I find that when jumping it, the nose end seems very heavy in the air and the buggy likes to land front first. But if you gas right at the end it seems to make up for it. Anyways, my question is if anybody can tell me whether or not adding these TeamGoNads disc brakes to the front end would make a significant difference for weight in the front end for jumping.

Here is a pic of the brakes.

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=240960

Thanks[8D]
Old 03-22-2008, 04:56 PM
dar123

Default RE: Weight in front end of baja 5b?

i can`t see them making much of a difference especially with the baja weighing 21lb!

hope this helps!
Old 03-22-2008, 05:03 PM
snoking16

if you hit the brakes with it in the air the front end is going to dive down...especially if you ad those front brakes...the tires act like gyros...so if you blip the throttle in the air it will help raise the front end...im not sure how much but thats how i did it with the smaller scale stuff. i dont think it works as well as the smaller scale stuff but i think it helps a little.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It works much better witht he smaller scale stuff. The weight of the chassis and parts in comparison to the weight of the tires on a large scale, means you have very little attitude control in the air. Shame. There's a vid of an FG monster beetle doing backflips on oneillbros site, but it's low speed and it's using the 'wheely' effect to get the the rotation. Still cool though.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:13 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fire_racer17

[8D]Hey, I own a Baja 5b and I like to jump it a little bit, but I find that when jumping it, the nose end seems very heavy in the air and the buggy likes to land front first. But if you gas right at the end it seems to make up for it. Anyways, my question is if anybody can tell me whether or not adding these TeamGoNads disc brakes to the front end would make a significant difference for weight in the front end for jumping.

Here is a pic of the brakes.

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=240960

Thanks[8D]
Also if you adjust your shocks correctly with the correct oil wt. and correct spring collar ht. IT will jump nose up just about all the time. My front spring collars are lower than the rears I have 50wt.oil in back 30wt. oil up front, I hope this helps you.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:58 AM
fire_racer17

Thanks guys....I have adjusted the shocks (more front pre-load and more back damping) and it stays nose-level over the small jumps I hit. Now, I have to check on front brakes.....hydraulic, cable, etc........any recommendations?
Old 03-24-2008, 12:05 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fire_racer17

Thanks guys....I have adjusted the shocks (more front pre-load and more back damping) and it stays nose-level over the small jumps I hit. Now, I have to check on front brakes.....hydraulic, cable, etc........any recommendations?
IMO just stick with the rear brakes for now, and if you can just find you some good brake pad material.... just make your own set of brake pads it's easy to do. I have the vertigo performance pads on for now with the stock rotor's so far I don't like them. IMO they don't have as much stopping power as the stock pads and if they get wet you will have no stopping power at all. I will be going back to my home made pads they really grip. IN the near future I will try the new vertigo brake set up that's sold on TGN web site. IT maybe the stock rotor's are not the correct match for the vertigo brake pads???