Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Could America Pull This Off?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Kbruno89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could America Pull This Off?

Hey guys,

I just came up with a pretty crazy idea for an Raceway... You think we could all ban together somehow to afford to cover a raceway (for 1/5 scale too)? http://www.olympiabuildings.com/ - Something like this - Like really huge, 150ft by 100 or something along those lines! That way we could do a continuous season! How cool would this be!?!? Just throwing some ideas together
Old 03-27-2008, 09:17 AM
jackle

Default RE: Could America Pull This Off?

You'd need some pretty good ventalation in there.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No need, you just change the rules to 'last one alive/awake wins!'. loool.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:24 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, the ones with the most blood will win. No visitors allowed - serious stuff.

[&:]
Old 03-27-2008, 10:51 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: Kbruno89

Hey guys,

I just came up with a pretty crazy idea for an Raceway... You think we could all ban together somehow to afford to cover a raceway (for 1/5 scale too)? http://www.olympiabuildings.com/ - Something like this - Like really huge, 150ft by 100 or something along those lines! That way we could do a continuous season! How cool would this be!?!? Just throwing some ideas together

Then your better off buying an old Grocery store or something along those line, it might be cheaper in the long run[8D], we have an old Walmart that I have been eying up for awhile for that same idea.....and also a Park and Save with about the same size parking, that they only want 300k for
Old 03-27-2008, 11:11 AM
TIM MT

We rented an indoor motocross arena for a few hours. Expensive but lots of fun. Kinda dangerous with too many cars (I did get a Baja in the arm at speed) but the jumps are all there and a pit area etc. Would be easy enough to work out a membership type rental if you had enough interest...
Old 03-27-2008, 11:17 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: TIM MT

We rented an indoor motocross arena for a few hours. Expensive but lots of fun. Kinda dangerous with too many cars (I did get a Baja in the arm at speed) but the jumps are all there and a pit area etc. Would be easy enough to work out a membership type rental if you had enough interest...

Thats the whole the thing (too many people) that don't care about one another and I bet the insurance is out of this world too run a facility like that[X(] [X(]
Old 03-27-2008, 03:25 PM
beer=food
Banned

Kbruno89 , you work for these guys dont you ? !hahaha http://www.olympiabuildings.com/ LOL ! l'll give you a dollar seventy five for the shed ! LOL !

In japan they have big comps in big sheds, and yes theres alot of 'high as kites' people in there after an hour or so, fumes are pretty toxic too, the japs dont give a stuff, funny buggers, its so cold see, they figure bugger the fumes for the first couple of hours, pretty nutty ay, mind you that was about 8 years ago now that l learned all this through a TAMIA sponsored team in victoria over on tour, Tamia sponsored this dude for 2 years, cars, plane tickets, accomodation, WAGES, the lot, pretty awsome wicket to be on if you can drive one like he does, and have some of you guys seen onroad 1/10th world class drivers drive, like there nutz are on fire basicly, full four wheel drift almost all the way around the track, and l mean the engine is screaming ! A real pleasure to watch a driver with so much driving skill. That was nitro too, should seen what he could do with an electric RC, even faster around them indoor tracks.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:22 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: TIM MT

is that in Tillsonburg ?