Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Fire Hammer front disc brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 04:58 AM
ophirw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fire Hammer front disc brakes

Hi all,

I have a Smartech Big Foot 1/5 23cc MT which is exactly the same as the Duratrax Fire Hammer. I have been driving it for a year now, it is grate but lacks serious stopping power. The car is light with little tire traction and the only brakes it has are for the rear wheels and so it like to look the rear tiers.

I want to install front disc brakes, mechanical ones since the hydraulic brakes are too much $$$ for me.
I could not find any brakes that are made for this truck, the closest I found are brake for the FG MT but they are very expensive and I don’t know if they will fit my MT.

Does any body have experience in this subject with the Fire Hammer and can spare a few tips and links to shops or manufactures that build this brakes?

Thanks

Old 03-31-2008, 05:15 AM
hellya

Default RE: Fire Hammer front disc brakes

cable brakes for the FG will work on the firehammer they set up just about the same way on all the offroad FG duratrax and smartech vehicles

http://www.rcnutshobbies.com/BRAKE_U...G_OFFROAD.html

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/cgi...cable%20brakes

Old 03-31-2008, 05:50 AM
ophirw

Default RE: Fire Hammer front disc brakes

thanks man