Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Waterproof??

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:53 PM
ziiaad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waterproof??

does the baja b5 have watersealed electronics, can i take it through small puddles of water
Old 04-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Fabe

Default RE: Waterproof??

Well, the battery and receiver are on the inside of the receiver box that is mostly water-tight. The servos are on the outside of the box, so may get water on them. I suppose it's a question of how much water do you want the Baja to be swimming in?
Old 04-27-2008, 08:09 PM
ziiaad

well just little puddles to make a slash or something, im thinkin about getting one this summer, can you make it waterproof so that it can go through mud and creeks, but not too deep mabye 6 to 12 inches, or whats the deepest i can go without hurting anything
Old 04-27-2008, 08:25 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: ziiaad

well just little puddles to make a slash or something, im thinkin about getting one this summer, can you make it waterproof so that it can go through mud and creeks, but not too deep mabye 6 to 12 inches, or whats the deepest i can go without hurting anything
buy a boat
Old 04-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

ORIGINAL: cyclops1970
buy a boat
:lol: that was a good one.. The Baja just like any other rc isnt water proof. I thought the servo cases were water proof but I wouldnt chance it. Although I have heard and read where people were out bashing at the beach near the salt water and drove or crashed their Baja's right into the surf. Dont try to restart your engine or electronics make sure everything is off remove the rx and battery and dry things out.

You could put balloons over the servos like so many nitro guys do I guess if you were that worried..

Old 04-27-2008, 10:27 PM
hellya

[X(][X(] what
Old 04-27-2008, 10:35 PM
hellya

[X(][X(] what building yourself a swamp buggy??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wGYZM8jBSA
Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 PM
ziiaad

well i would love to watch the video, but i got dial up, and i dont want a boat, i want something i can go mud ridin with cause the mud races are saturday and sometime else this summer and by then i should have it, im not taking it through the deep stuff cause even trucks with tractor tires get stuck[X(] but ill take it through the shallow parts
Old 04-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Kbruno89

Well Ziad - I would suggest for the reciever box... Make it water proof - Put like alot of electrical tape over the box water proofing them.. Now as far as servo's... They do sell Watertight servos but I would also tape them up to make sure...
Old 04-29-2008, 09:02 AM
mikeinoz

You want an MCD 4x4 if you want to plow thru mud. They have fully sealed radio boxes and 4x4 will get you thru the mud, 2wd will just get bogged.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

buy a boat
good answer my cycloptic friend, might as well close the thread now...
Old 04-29-2008, 02:20 PM
beer=food
Banned

Mine got swampped in a freak wave at the beach, at rainbow beach, surf beach, can have random large waves, and l waqsnt a fan of how they sealed it so l added some silicone as well, especially behind where the battery charger jack enters, and, well, not a single drop got in, it was under water completely for about 1 second, stalled engine is all it did, man was l impressed it was all dry and working, switched air filter, started and was off ! My servos appear to be fine also ! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ! Yea l found it hard too, but its really quite well designed and in a pretty good spot.
The air filter is what needs protecting from water, a splash will throw the tune for 5 minutes, a prolonged splash stalls it, fine stainless steel mesh around the cockpit would be ideal, because it still flexes under impacts !
Old 04-29-2008, 03:36 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Lunar Wolf

buy a boat
well 12 inches of water ..
Old 04-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: Lunar Wolf

buy a boat
Nah, it's just funny (maybe make it a hovercraft? )