Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Help me choose a pipe... Baja 5b SS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Help me choose a pipe... Baja 5b SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:56 PM
jackle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me choose a pipe... Baja 5b SS

I know this is the 1K post on this, but help me choose a pipe to my specific needs. My head is spinning

Here are my needs:

I have the 26cc SS
Under $200.00

If I have to choose between low end accelleration and top end, low end is my fav.

I dont want a pipe that's going to be exposed to harm and rip off etc... (I guess this is side mount vs rear mount??)

I dont want a pipe that is insanely noisy

Old 05-02-2008, 12:02 AM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Help me choose a pipe... Baja 5b SS

DDM Rear Dominator. Best pipe ever! It is a little loud though at top end.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think we already discussed once why I think the side mielke is one of the best available. It suits my needs down to the ground. Firstly it's very quiet, secondly, it's extremely well protected, it also sits lower than other side moount pipes and gets in the way less (easy window access, acceptable body access). It also develops great power. I had it on the stock 23cc driving 18/55 gearing comfortably, even on asphalt. The rear dominator, and the GBE are the other two pipes I like. I'm still reserving judgement on the new jetpro, looks bizarre, like an organic chrome alien parasite sucking the life out of your baja. lol. All those three are very loud though, compared to the milky (mielke). I agree, it's a difficult decision.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:59 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

Side DOM.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:14 AM
splcrazy

YEP 100% REAR DDM pipe , i had the new side mount DDM pipe and i took it off to install the rear DDM pipe , i just love the raw loud noise and POWER it makes
Old 05-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Dont be scared about the Side Mount pipes, get the Jet Pro Dual Bleed JPv4 pipe. I thought it might get damaged but to tell ya I have rolled my Baja a few times and the pipe never touches the ground. It hugs the side of the car more then the other side mounts such as the Side DOM, GBE and the Meilke pipes..

Check out my profile I have a thread posted up of my JPV4... Here ya go I got it http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_73...tm.htm#7375300

Old 05-02-2008, 11:58 AM
DIABLOTAC78

the gbe end bleed is the best top performer of all pipe as they say but its loud if its to loud for you , your to old for this hobby lol just kidding.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

ORIGINAL: DIABLOTAC78

the gbe end bleed is the best top performer of all pipe as they say but its loud if its to loud for you , your to old for this hobby lol just kidding.

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

YEP 100% REAR DDM pipe , i had the new side mount DDM pipe and i took it off to install the rear DDM pipe , i just love the raw loud noise and POWER it makes

ORIGINAL: jackle

I know this is the 1K post on this, but help me choose a pipe to my specific needs. My head is spinning

Here are my needs:

I have the 26cc SS
Under $200.00

If I have to choose between low end accelleration and top end, low end is my fav.

I dont want a pipe that's going to be exposed to harm and rip off etc... (I guess this is side mount vs rear mount??)

I dont want a pipe that is insanely noisy

ORIGINAL: Chriscru

Dont be scared about the Side Mount pipes, get the Jet Pro Dual Bleed JPv4 pipe. I thought it might get damaged but to tell ya I have rolled my Baja a few times and the pipe never touches the ground. It hugs the side of the car more then the other side mounts such as the Side DOM, GBE and the Meilke pipes..
It also sits up higher both exposing it impact in a rollover or roof landing and raises the CoG.

I've Got a GBE but there was no point recommending it as its over $200 and loud, neither of which is what the OP wants.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:08 PM
DIABLOTAC78

i got the ddm side mount and im not going to recommend it to the op cause its not that protected

here is mine pic upsidedown

Old 05-02-2008, 05:23 PM
splcrazy

hey do you have a pic of your baja with that side DDM pipe on with the body shell on also , i want to see where exactly where you have to hack into the body shell to acomodate this pipe as i made a disaster of my last shell to fit this pipe LOL
Old 05-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Monsterman--HBF

hey do you have a pic of your baja with that side DDM pipe on with the body shell on also , i want to see where exactly where you have to hack into the body shell to acomodate this pipe as i made a disaster of my last shell to fit this pipe LOL
Ya dont have to "hack up" the body just remove the first pipe mount and slide it over.. My buddy does this and has had no issues..
Old 05-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Monsterman--HBF

If none of the pipes mentioned do the trick have you looked at the RD Logics rear pipe?
Old 05-03-2008, 02:00 AM
DIABLOTAC78

or you leave the front unmounted a lot of people do it and they dont have problem.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:39 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the OPs purposes I'd recommend the rear DDM Dominator. I used to have one on my RTR Baja and it was great, well protected and powerful. Its not too quiet but you can get a silencer for it (unfortunately the silencer isnt well protected but it mounts to the pipe with a rubber hose so it wont damage it if it gets knocked)

I have the GBE side bleed, love it to death but theyre huge, ugly, expensive, and loud.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:23 AM
splcrazy

or you leave the front unmounted a lot of people do it and they dont have problem.
hmm okay so this should work ? i dont like the idea of unbolting the second bracket every time i need to remove a simple body shell
Old 05-03-2008, 12:51 PM
DIABLOTAC78

hmm okay so this should work ? i dont like the idea of unbolting the second bracket every time i need to remove a simple body shell

yup a lot of hard basher ddont mount the front mount and they said its holding up . and isomebody did a modification on the front mount instead of puting it the way i put mine they put the other way around . ill post pic if i foind it.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:05 PM
jackle

Thanks all, I went with the rear DDM Dominator, seemed to fit the bill nicely. Also took my SS for a first run today. Aeswome, cant wait to get the pipe. BTW Daves Motors rocks, nice to have a place I can get all FG and HPI parts from one place!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:08 PM
splcrazy

daves motors is the friggen best store on the net [sm=thumbs_up.gif]