Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

If you could keep any 5 parts on hand for your HPI Baja 5b what would they be?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

If you could keep any 5 parts on hand for your HPI Baja 5b what would they be?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:43 PM
jackle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you could keep any 5 parts on hand for your HPI Baja 5b what would they be?

List the top 5 parts you'd keep on hand during a session of bashing. I'm going to assemble the parts into a list to form a sort of "emergency repair kit". I have not broken any 5b parts yet so I have nothing to add

#1 Front A-Arms
Old 05-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: If you could keep any 5 parts on hand for your HPI Baja 5b what would they be?

#1- Lower front A-Arms
Old 05-07-2008, 01:57 PM
jackle

Default RE: If you could keep any 5 parts on hand for your HPI Baja 5b what would they be?

I'm going to say the nuts that hold the wheel on. If you put them on backwards or dont tighten them all the way, they will fall off! Fortuanatly on mine they are orange and easy to find.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:58 PM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

I carry 2 sets of front A-Arms. Anything else will take too long to fix.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:03 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In no particular order

1) Front A-arms
2) Steering tie rods
3) E-clips that hold the front hubs in place

Nothing else really comes to mind in terms of something I'd want while bashing. I do tend to loose a lot of those clips though. Hit anything with the front wheel and the whole hub tends to pop out. It's nice that way though, nothing tends to bend (except sometimes the steering rods) and you can just pop it back together with another clip

Even the tie rods can be hammered back into shape easily.

If I break anything other than those above parts it's generally time to call it a day.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:19 PM
da mad maori

#1 a complete baja
#2 a complete baja
#3 a complete baja
#4 a sixpack of beer
#5 a sober driver

wouldnt that be cool

Ryan
Old 05-08-2008, 02:36 AM
splcrazy

complete set of allen hex keys , small shifting spanner for spark plugs , socket and wrench for wheel nuts , set of screw drivers , long nose pliers, e clips , and a bunch of screws for the clutch bell , cordless drill , and a tap set ,spare 12 volt car battery with a charger for all the reciver batterys and a charger for the AA batts in transmitter , A stick of JB WELD, cable ties, AND a brand new back up baja 5b in the boot of my car lol
Old 05-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Dave ESPI

I second the "wheel nuts" and "E-Clips" commment. Lost a few myself, and always good to have (even if they are orange, I proved ya can't always find them- lol)
a few grubscrews and tie rods also would be good too as well as the lower arms, and a tail spoiler. Mine is completely destroyed. May also want a spare sparkplug or 2 and the plastic sparkplug cover part on the roof rail. It takes a beating. Makes me wonder why they didn't make the roof plastic, and the cover metal.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:16 AM
John H (DK)

A spare pullstarter (or Two) , they tend to 'bind' when you race in wet conditions or very dusty tracks.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:47 PM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

if im going to zip around for 20 min. i dont bring anything.. remote and 5b.. if im going out for a day of bashing at the kart track.. i bring everything i have, BUT, its just for looks. i dont need any of that crap. but really, i go thru alot of rear tires on the concrete and front hub e- clips are "kinda" common. you graze the side walls with an open wheel 5b and your going for a RIDE!!
so if i only had 5 things, this is what it would be:
1)rear tires/allen key
2)tire traction
3)front hub e-clips/1 wheel bearing
4) tuning screw driver(just incase)
5) gas and a reciever pack

YA HAVE TO LOVE LARGE SCALE... if it was a nitro, i would even bother leaving the house
Old 05-08-2008, 08:06 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

I would say

1) e-clips
2)tires
3)Tie-rods
4)hair pins(body clips)
5) DUCT TAPE