Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Which is the best option to upgrade a zenoah 23?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Which is the best option to upgrade a zenoah 23?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:38 PM
WILDGAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is the best option to upgrade a zenoah 23?

I have a HPI BAJA 5BSS with a zenoah 23RC standar, and I want to upgrade my engine to find more rpm. I would like to know what are my diferent options to have more rpm in my engine?

I saw some options to change my cylinder and piston Onielbrothers. Talk me about this options, please.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
clubin

Default RE: Which is the best option to upgrade a zenoah 23?

Cheapest and probaly your best option IMO would be to get your self a 26cc Zenoah cylinder and piston. Or you could look at some race ported cylinder/piston kits.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:43 PM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

the ss comes with a 26cc fueli. porting is your best bet for rpms. but the route i took was just a simple head kit from hostile hobby for $78 wich brought my rtr 5b from a 23cc to a 28.5cc. the top end stayed the same, but the torche was DRASTICLY HIGHER. with that, i was able to re gear to the robinson "super speed" gear set, for killer top speeds and still having enough low end. and for even more low end punch, i added a 8 grand clutch spring, that allows the clutch to engage closer to the power band..
Old 05-06-2008, 08:48 PM
hellya

hey I thought the hpi b5 and ss dont come with zenoahs.... dont they come with a CY thats why they used a cy head kits
Old 05-06-2008, 08:55 PM
WILDGAS

ORIGINAL: kryptonite5b

the ss comes with a 26cc fueli. porting is your best bet for rpms. but the route i took was just a simple head kit from hostile hobby for $78 wich brought my rtr 5b from a 23cc to a 28.5cc. the top end stayed the same, but the torche was DRASTICLY HIGHER. with that, i was able to re gear to the robinson "super speed" gear set, for killer top speeds and still having enough low end. and for even more low end punch, i added a 8 grand clutch spring, that allows the clutch to engage closer to the power band..
Hi Kriptonite5b, my Baja is a RTR car, and It ha a 23RC. I'm looking more rpm because I'll race in some off-road trak, I don't want to make a big jump or run in the dunes, may in thios places need more power and less rpm. What do you think? my best option is a Race Ported 26RC engine?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:07 PM
hellya

the upgrade I hear alot about is this one http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1658.html

A marine cylinder (25.4 / 26cc) it already has a more radical port job from the factory and is rated at 4+ hp.

Can be use on Zenoah G230RC/G260RC, and Chung Yang CY23RC/CY26RC Engines.

Yes its a $55 head kit (damn good price).... its used in conjunction with this black cooling fin

if you cease up your piston its only $55 to replace
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35888.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	944555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19257.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	944556  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:22 PM
kryptonite5b

hey carlos.. as stated the best way to get rpm,s is by keeping the displacement low and working with a ported head. the set-up that hellya left you a link for is asolutlly SIKK. but it was out of my price range becouse you also need the darksoul heat sink that runs about $150. and also requires (VERY) little modding to work with the fueli(cy) motor that you have. also for me since i run on diffrent courses from clay ovels to kart tracks, i needed the versatility of a larger displacement. im not too familuar with off-road courses as i have NEVER run on any.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: kryptonite5b

hey carlos.. as stated the best way to get rpm,s is by keeping the displacement low and working with a ported head. the set-up that hellya left you a link for is asolutlly SIKK. but it was out of my price range becouse you also need the darksoul heat sink that runs about $150. and also requires (VERY) little modding to work with the fueli(cy) motor that you have.
When its in stock the heat sink is only $99 .....
http://www.teamgonads.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=13

Once you own the heat sink....I'm looking at the fact that its only $55 for a entire replacement head kit thats already ported and rated @ 4+ hp

Old 05-06-2008, 09:51 PM
kryptonite5b

oops.. sorry for the miss info on the prices.. there is no doubt that its a great set-up. you cant go wrong with $55.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:18 PM
hellya

I'm sure there are other good set ups but the replacement cost will be more
Old 05-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Dave ESPI

tune pipe perhaps:
Old 05-07-2008, 12:27 AM
DarkSoul Racing

ORIGINAL: hellya

Can be use on Zenoah G230RC/G260RC, and Chung Yang CY23RC/CY26RC Engines.

Just a quick correction, there are actually 2 different cylinder shell heat sinks we make, 1 is for the 2 bolt CY marine cylinder as shown in the picture, the other is for Zenoah 4 bolt marine cylinders, which of course means you need a 4 bolt case, which we also make for RC car applications.