Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Question for smartechracing- is poor service part of the deal ?

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Question for smartechracing- is poor service part of the deal ?

Old 06-26-2008, 03:19 AM
hellya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question for smartechracing

ORIGINAL: benk

Yes,I don't know why they take so long. I have other suppliers in china and ther orders only take 2 weeks from the day I place the order.
But I have got to say that they have improved, it use to be 60 days[&o]
I don't expect anyone to pay for the parts untill I recieve them, I just would like to know what people are chasing just in ase I haven't got any of those parts on my order

Ask Smartech to ship it EMS...you will get it 6-10 days..thats how they shipped my thunderbolt...I got it 1 week after they shipped it
Old 06-26-2008, 03:21 AM
QIK-RX4

I'm tempted to go buy a rampage, but i will hold off now until I see all these after market parts on peoples web sites. I'm not going down the same path as i have with the titan.

What people say they want to do and what happens is two diffrent things. I hope people get the suport with the rampage from its sellers. Unlike the titan........ Even people trying to buy upgrade parts are getting richard'd around.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:27 AM
hellya

they already have support for the Rampage here in the USA......alot of the baja5 aftermaket manufactures have already made parts/hopups

http://www.rampagehopups.com/category.sc?categoryId=5

The rampage was released weeks ago... testing samples to certain dealers in the USA.... some of the 1/5 dealers have already sold out the first batch of test vehicles

www.innovativehobby.com had some in stock
Old 06-26-2008, 04:24 AM
benk

ORIGINAL: hellya

ORIGINAL: benk

Yes,I don't know why they take so long. I have other suppliers in china and ther orders only take 2 weeks from the day I place the order.
But I have got to say that they have improved, it use to be 60 days[&o]
I don't expect anyone to pay for the parts untill I recieve them, I just would like to know what people are chasing just in ase I haven't got any of those parts on my order

Ask Smartech to ship it EMS...you will get it 6-10 days..thats how they shipped my thunderbolt...I got it 1 week after they shipped it
That is getting sent EMS, for some reason it takes that long for them to get the orders together and ship them out
Old 06-26-2008, 04:41 AM
benk

I see that Wind Hobby is selling there version of the rampage as well

http://www.chinatopwin.com/ProductShow.asp?id=447

http://www.chinatopwin.com/ProductShow.asp?id=448
Old 06-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Mr Terminator

Thats the one i've been thinking of getting with the 28cc pro engine.I still haven't decided between that and the Titan and the Typhoon as its named is slowly winning the battle with all the negative posts Smartech have been getting.The Rampage/Typhoon does look like a great truck and support is great for it straight away,however I love the look of the Titan since I first saw it last year and the parts are easy for me to get for the Titan aswell as the alloy upgrades from Hobbythek.Just gotta make a final decision on which one its going to be out of the two,Hope the Rampage/Typhoon comes with decals for the headlights,I hate seeing bare shells in promo and sales shots...
Old 06-26-2008, 06:01 AM
QIK-RX4

Well i am happy as with my titan. The only thing that is s**tin me off is the lack of upgrade parts that have takin around 7 months to come out.
Have a look in this thread Terminator and some short clips of my titan.... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_71...mpage_2/tm.htm
Old 06-26-2008, 06:20 AM
Smartechracing

ORIGINAL: ozace

3 days to reply to an email is pretty slow. So as of now its 3 days and NO REPLY to my email to the address listed for Nelson.

Seems like more of the same, try to make a public impression of service and support BUT ignore the private communications.

Dear Gentleman,
After we check again and again, still can not found the email which you sent to us.

Please kindly tell us your name and your email address then we can check whether you send the mail to us or not.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2008, 06:53 AM
Smartechracing

Att Nelson,
Thanks for nothing, you have wasted more of my time and effort[:'(]

I an email to the nelson address, i give up now.
This is all too hard. Smartech put up the email addresses, that is what i used.

Now i will just wait on retailers to see if they have any luck dealing with them.

I have learnt a very important lesson though. Never buy or recommend a smartech product to anyone, they are too unreliable to risk so much of anyones hobby budget too.

An expensive lesson learned. I just hope others in the market for 1/5 scale cars pay attention to the way the company does business with paying cutomers and stay well away. If you happen to be a rc god maybe you have more luck but as a regular joe we get dirt.
1. WE DIDNT RECEIVE ANY EMAIL FROM YOU IN THE PAST.
2. WHY YOU GO TO EACH FORUM TO ATTACK US EVERYDAY?
3. EVERBODY CAN CHECK THE ACCOUNT "OZACE" JUST AROUND 50 POSTS AND OVER 30 TIMES POSTING THAT ABOUT " SMARTECH" BAD SERVICE. NO PARTS.NO ANSWERS....
4. I JUST WONDER WHO TEACH YOU DOING THIS?
5. WE ALREADY ANSWER YOU TOO MANY MANY.... TIMES TO CONTACT US AND WE WILL SERVICE YOU AND HELP YOU GET OUR PART EARILIER. BUT FIRST TIME YOU SAY YOU WANT TO SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DEALER, SECOND TIME YOU SAY YOU WANT GET THE PART FROM SMARTECH, THIRD TIME YOU SAY OUR PARTS WERE TO EXPENSIVE.........
Old 06-26-2008, 07:47 AM
ozace

Mr Smartech,
Most of my posts here on RCU relate to the Titan because that is the 1/5 scale vehicle i bought. I have sent several emails now to various email acounts you have listed, not one has been replied to.

Check the link for our local australian discussions about the titan if you think i have an agenda

http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12421

My only agenda is trying to get upgrade parts for a truck i purchased. All over the world, every store i contact has the same response, they cannot get any upgrades from the factory. If you disagree, please link us up to some stores that sell titan bits[:-]. You come here and claim there are parts, give out email accounts yet you cannot action them[&:].

ORIGINAL: Smartechracing

Att Nelson,

Now i will just wait on retailers to see if they have any luck dealing with them.

I have learnt a very important lesson though. Never buy or recommend a smartech product to anyone, they are too unreliable to risk so much of anyones hobby budget too.

An expensive lesson learned. I just hope others in the market for 1/5 scale cars pay attention to the way the company does business with paying cutomers and stay well away. If you happen to be a rc god maybe you have more luck but as a regular joe we get dirt.
3. EVERBODY CAN CHECK THE ACCOUNT "OZACE" JUST AROUND 50 POSTS AND OVER 30 TIMES POSTING THAT ABOUT " SMARTECH" BAD SERVICE. NO PARTS.NO ANSWERS....
5. WE ALREADY ANSWER YOU TOO MANY MANY.... TIMES TO CONTACT US AND WE WILL SERVICE YOU AND HELP YOU GET OUR PART EARILIER. BUT FIRST TIME YOU SAY YOU WANT TO SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DEALER, SECOND TIME YOU SAY YOU WANT GET THE PART FROM SMARTECH, THIRD TIME YOU SAY OUR PARTS WERE TO EXPENSIVE.........

OF COURSE YOU CAN HAVE YOUR THOUGHT IN FORUM BUT DONT YOU FEEL TIRED CHEATING EVERYONE EVERYDAY?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDLY "SUPPORT".
Old 06-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Smartechracing

Mr Smartech,
Most of my posts here on RCU relate to the Titan because that is the 1/5 scale vehicle i bought. I have sent several emails now to various email acounts you have listed, not one has been replied to.

Check the link for our local australian discussions about the titan if you think i have an agenda

My only agenda is trying to get upgrade parts for a truck i purchased. All over the world, every store i contact has the same response, they cannot get any upgrades from the factory. If you disagree, please link us up to some stores that sell titan bits[:-]. You come here and claim there are parts, give out email accounts yet you cannot action them[&:].

Att Nelson,

OF COURSE YOU CAN HAVE YOUR THOUGHT IN FORUM BUT DONT YOU FEEL TIRED CHEATING EVERYONE EVERYDAY?

WE STILL NEED YOUR ANSWER OF YOUR NAME AND EMAIL OR YOU CAN PM US
THANKS
Old 06-26-2008, 08:08 AM
Smartechracing

Mr Smartech,

Att Nelson,

I have sent several emails now to various email acounts you have listed, not one has been replied to.
AWAITING YOUR MAIL

THANS

Old 06-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Smartechracing

Dear Ozace,
Time pass by, we still waiting for your EMAIL .

[][][][][][X(][X(][X(][&o][&o][&o][&o][:@][:@][:@]
Old 06-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, that'll do now. I'm locking this thread. Nelson, I suggest you PM ozace, and click the option to add a read-receipt to the message (it's at the bottom, next to 'Save a copy to Sent Items'). That way you will know when he has read it.

Ozace, if you need to PM Smartech, I suggest you do the same, then you have a precise record of how much time has passed between receipt and reply. You can do this to emails as well. If after a week, you don't get a read receipt to your email, then you know they most likely didn't receive it, or have ignored it. If you do get a read receipt back and still no reply, then you know they are definitely ignoring you. It's easy in this electronic age, to use various methods to find out whether someone is fobbing you off, or there is a genuine mix up.

Ozace, I will reopen this thread if and when you PM me and ask me to. At the moment it's filling up with communication which should be done via pm or email. You've made your point, Nelson has made his. Let me know what happens, and we'll see... Thanks.